Author Topic: Jay Cutler = Rich Gaspari  (Read 3878 times)

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Jay Cutler = Rich Gaspari
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 07:34:16 PM »
Not comparable.  Rich was a hard, vascular muscular freak.  Jay is just a big muscular freak.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 07:37:45 PM »
Proof that its harder get that kind of conditioning than it is to get big.....todays competitors and "gurus" should take note.
You better show up in insane condition at your show... especially since you stay away from the dreaded insulin and use old school methods.  :D

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 09:12:07 AM »
You better show up in insane condition at your show... especially since you stay away from the dreaded insulin and use old school methods.  :D

Hey, I'll do what I can, at 45 and not dieting like this in 17 years, who knows what the outcome will be. (although at this point I have a pretty good idea ;D) but yes, I'm training and prepping old school all the down to my posing. Hopefully I can bring something different!

Stavios

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »
That's what I firmly believe. Rich has horrible genetics, but was such a damn hard worker in the gym that he pushed his own envelope, but at the end of the day, even the best Rich, or now the best Jay, is not a pretty physique. Ronnie KILLS Jay in ways of genetics. Man, I want to see Ronnie come in and destroy Jay. One last time big man. One last time.

LOL

Cutler isn't even on the same level as gaspari

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007, 02:09:05 PM »
Guys, not to come to my own defense here, but what I meant by the comparisons, is that Rich had a very strong work ethic in the gym and everyone who was anyone in the bodybuidling work, including Haney and truly all of Gaspari's former competitors, have made mention that Rich was not gifted in the way of genetics. That fact did not stop him however from building a physique that surpassed all expectations and even imposed a threat to the likes of Haney, Labrada, Christian, etc..

You know, the same could be said about Yates and to a much lesser extent to Cutler, who in my opinion has one of the worst physiques that have graced the bodybuilding world and to have ever worn an Olympian crown, but as the saying goes: "He's busted his ass in the gym".

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 05:06:53 PM »
Check out the pictures of Rich in the link below.  He looks crazy:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/1987mrolympiadvdreview.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com