Author Topic: getting huge for attention?  (Read 4826 times)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Re: getting huge for attention?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
Uneed to post these to XFACTOR bro,

I own your soul little man.  hahaahh You can't get me off your mind.

On another note people educate themselves for themselves. I'd say it's important to educate yourself to make more informed decisions, have a better understanding of the world we live, and to open doors career wise for yourself.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »
I own your soul little man.  hahaahh You can't get me off your mind.

On another note people educate themselves for themselves. I'd say it's important to educate yourself to make more informed decisions, have a better understanding of the world we live, and to open doors career wise for yourself.
are you inferring that "monster81" more than likely dropped out of school at age 13 to cruise the streets in search of musclebear dick to smoke, Xfactor?

Alex23

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 09:02:03 AM »
what are you sucessful in alex23?

High Tech. I joined a startup early that went IPO in 1999 and later part of another company that got aquired about 2 years ago.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 09:13:12 AM »
are you inferring that "monster81" more than likely dropped out of school at age 13 to cruise the streets in search of musclebear dick to smoke, Xfactor?

I would say that is absolutely a fair assumption SF.  Judging by his spelling and grammatical errors this most likely what happend. 

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 09:21:07 AM »
High Tech. I joined a startup early that went IPO in 1999 and later part of another company that got aquired about 2 years ago.

lol..I did the same...the golden era of dot coms..as it turn out the shares ended up being worth 1/100th of the strike price....toilet paper cost more.. :'(
Here comes the money shot

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 09:46:13 AM »
I use to be bullied when I was a freshman in high school. And at times the bullying was very severe....thats the reason why I started lifting...not to get attention but to get stronger so I can defend myself...

In Hawaii, the bigger you are, the more respect you got and the bullies tend to leave you alone but now you got a different group of assholes who want to fight bigger people to prove that they are bad asses

I guarantee, if I went to a high school reunion, Id be able to kick  a whole of of ass now....

For me bodybuilding was a way to defend myself..it wasnt the women that motivated me..that came second...

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 09:55:36 AM »
I use to be bullied when I was a freshman in high school. And at times the bullying was very severe....thats the reason why I started lifting...not to get attention but to get stronger so I can defend myself...

In Hawaii, the bigger you are, the more respect you got and the bullies tend to leave you alone but now you got a different group of assholes who want to fight bigger people to prove that they are bad asses

I guarantee, if I went to a high school reunion, Id be able to kick  a whole of of ass now....

For me bodybuilding was a way to defend myself..it wasnt the women that motivated me..that came second...

SWEET!! I started lifting because one day i looked down at my penis and said it is about time i make up for what i lack. I then proceeded to buy a truck with a lift on it, a pitbull, started bodybuilding, and beating up people who couldn't defend themselves. It made me feel tough and good.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 09:57:51 AM »

Alex23

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 10:02:15 AM »
SWEET!! I started lifting because one day i looked down at my penis and said it is about time i make up for what i lack. I then proceeded to buy a truck with a lift on it, a pitbull, started bodybuilding, and beating up people who couldn't defend themselves. It made me feel tough and good.

Brutal honesty bro.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 10:02:31 AM »

Did you also start walking the town in TapouT (and only!) Tapout gear ?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 10:48:30 AM »
Did you also start walking the town in TapouT (and only!) Tapout gear ?

No but i wear cowboy boots. Does that make me tough?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2007, 10:50:52 AM »

hahaha you sound like a tool ..

Monster Romey and Michelle Syndrome
L

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 10:52:49 AM »

Does popping your collar and playing yourself off as a model on a dating site constitute as a "tool".

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
Does popping your collar and playing yourself off as a model on a dating site constitute as a "tool".
yeah it does
L

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »

Yes I've considered it. Learned about it. First procrastinating about it with the typical "some day" attitude. Then seeing guys yo-yo-ing between small turds and close to my size 3 times a year turned me off. Then got turned back on some years ago when meeting Pat Arnold at a function. Last thing you know, I'm 30yo with a good career and a healthy body bigger than average, I don't see the point anymore. Never say never but I don't even plan on competing anymore so why would I? I consider HRT in 15 years. Maybe GH sooner. I've known individuals in their early 50s looking and feeling amazing. It empowers to see it but why risk your health at 25-35 for a plastic trophy?

Exactly.  Alex has the right idea.  At an older age, HRT+ levels might make sense when your natural levels go down and you start looking like shit, but in your 30's, what's the point?  Most serious lifters with decent genetics look and feel better at 180-200 than they would at 240 anyway.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »
yeah it does
Good.. im glad we agree on this point  ;D

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 11:02:29 AM »
Are they any rich and successful guys that are bodybuilders who juice?  Other then Arnold and those that bodybuilding helped them become successful?

Seems like the desire to want to be huge and ripped is to get more attention, and not about pleasing yourself.

What is wrong with somebody trying to improve their looks to get more attention?  Improving your looks is pleasing yourself.  What hobby is more worthwhile than trying to get bigger and stronger, video games?   It also is more respectable than trying to get attention by getting numerous tattoos and piercings which seems to be the way everybody is trying to stand out these days. 

Alex23

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 11:55:32 AM »
I pretty much agree here, other than the "juicing if you were to compete".  People with that mentality are even worse I feel.  Do it for yourself, not a 2 cent trophy.  If you need to win a show to validate your own achievements, that's just sad.
Not speaking on you, but that mentality many have.

So you think it's more justified to "juice" for "yourself" with no concrete goals other than vanity and "clubbing" with a medium "Hollister" shirt on than setting a goal for yourself and show the end result onstage?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2007, 12:10:51 PM »
Are they any rich and successful guys that are bodybuilders who juice?  Other then Arnold and those that bodybuilding helped them become successful?

Seems like the desire to want to be huge and ripped is to get more attention, and not about pleasing yourself.

This is complicated. Sometimes I think it's because I'm to egoistic, weak and to much of a coward to ever be anything near a normal person. Now just being a regular person, that takes true mental and spiritual strength. Same as people who are Christians, it must take strength to succumb to something so common as Christianity, a religion that is also viewed by many as something messed up and having so many faults.

I got to be different, and the only thing I can figure in the end it must mean I'm egoistic. Some people think they are special and hot shit for being different, I guess it is a maturity thing? Anyway, my advice is don't think to deep about it, like I have!  :P

Bottom line, we are damaged, weak, egoistic and bad people.

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »
everyone does something for some sort of visibilty or approval of other people.muscleis for bbers, lamborghini for rich people, art for poor people lol jk

but seriously eveyone has their little pleasure that gets attention from others bbing is no different.

honestly i would take looking like a top pro vs driving an expensive car anyday for example. but its all personal preference. not everyone is going to want to or can be jay cutler ron coleman, chris cormie, le priest etc.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2007, 12:28:05 PM »
why do people buy fancy, fast cars in the city (never breaking 80 for more than a seconds because of traffic)
why do people buy expensive watches when a $5 digital watch is just as usefull
why do people buy fake anything
we could go on and on

on some level human are narcissistic, we all like attention..most of our actions are done for approval..not saying that this is your sole purpose but do deny it would be a lie.

What confuses me is the extremes people go to deny this within themselves. It's who we are, what's the big deal?

Accept it

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »

hahaha  Or telling everyone you live in "the City"  when you live in moms apartment in Jersey.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »

funniest post in the thread.......good job JJ, you're making a comeback
nasser=piece of shit

WeenTang

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 01:13:07 PM »
I love when GetBiggers get all philosophical and try to explain the meaning of life.  So hilarious

Seriously guys, if you don't want to look like a complete JA, stick with your bread and butter, dick and fart jokes.

Pumped 4 Life

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 01:14:48 PM »
I love when GetBiggers get all philosophical and try to explain the meaning of life.  So hilarious

Seriously guys, if you don't want to look like a complete JA, stick with your bread and butter, dick and fart jokes.

HA!!! Humor for that of the masses. You sir are a simpleton.