Author Topic: Is the IFBB Euro grand Prix cancelled?  (Read 1844 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Is the IFBB Euro grand Prix cancelled?
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »
any word on these shows? someone posted earlier that ronnie said the shows weren't happening?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
Re: Is the IFBB Euro grand Prix cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:51:03 AM »
yeah i think they are definitely cancelled.

they dont turn out to be real good shows anways in my opinion. its just ronnie and jay coming down from the olympia more bloated etc doing a few more shows and recieving love from european fans. maybe one or 2 stars compete with them and thats all.

pushinweight

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
According to Chic the IFBB doesn't cancel shows.  The are the biggest and can't do wrong.  This must be false. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:36:03 PM »
A sure sign that bodybuilding is unfortunately dying.
V

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 07:50:41 PM »
According to Chic the IFBB doesn't cancel shows.  The are the biggest and can't do wrong.  This must be false. 

that's right...the IFBB doesn't cancel shows....the promoter does.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 01:49:23 AM »

Yes you are right.  The IFBB gets there fee up front puts the show on the schedule and then when the promoter can't get the tickets sold or the sponsors or competitors he is forced to cancel the show.  I was wondering does the IFBB return the fee to the promoter.  Cause why would they schedule an event unless everything was in place.  Just wondering

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 02:01:55 AM »
Does that mean they really cancelled, I would love to see Jay gettin beatin by Ronnie few more times after the Olympia ;D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 02:34:49 AM »
Yes you are right.  The IFBB gets there fee up front puts the show on the schedule and then when the promoter can't get the tickets sold or the sponsors or competitors he is forced to cancel the show.  I was wondering does the IFBB return the fee to the promoter.  Cause why would they schedule an event unless everything was in place.  Just wondering

Its great that you question things but its obvious why they wouldn't give the sanction fee back.  There has to be a penalty applied to people who say they're going to have a show and don't come through with the goods.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 03:27:03 AM »
Bob, a few questions.

I went to the www.ifbb.com site and there is no mention of Mr. Olympia on the calendar? Instead they are pushing the world bodybuilding championships in Korea. I mean, what the hell? Not even a small mention somewhere?

And what does "soonly available" mean in the search box?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 11:41:49 AM »
Its great that you question things but its obvious why they wouldn't give the sanction fee back.  There has to be a penalty applied to people who say they're going to have a show and don't come through with the goods.

As the sanctioning body you would think they would care enough about their members to verify everything is in place so they wouldn't go through all the trouble and money to get into shape for the events.  Instead if you call them with nothing but the sanction fee in hance they will take it and don't care if you put on a show or not.........they got there money.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
I went to the www.ifbb.com site and there is no mention of Mr. Olympia on the calendar? Instead they are pushing the world bodybuilding championships in Korea. I mean, what the hell? Not even a small mention somewhere?

ifbb.com is about amateur bodybuilding, http://ifbbpro.com is the one you're looking for.  but you'd think they would have a link on ifbb.com

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 12:49:39 PM »
ifbb.com is about amateur bodybuilding, http://ifbbpro.com is the one you're looking for.  but you'd think they would have a link on ifbb.com

Damn. Got those mixed up. Not a usual place for me to go to.

Still, they have a picture of Markus Ruhl on the frontpage (have to wait for a few seconds for it to come on). I think it's been a while since he was an amateur.  ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 12:59:24 PM »
Shit the new ifbb.com page is but ugly that banner has taken somebody 2 sec to mirror it in Photoshop  :-\

Oh and thye have that incredible disrespecful picture of Cutler retiring Coleman on the index. wow awesome ::)