Author Topic: Muscle and Fitness cover with putnam?  (Read 6018 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Muscle and Fitness cover with putnam?
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »
i very rarely,  if ever post here,  but damn guys, making fun of a guy who lost his eye in an accident as a teen, is ridiculous. It could happen to anybody.  And it isn't his fault that companies find him marketable.

have you seen his spread in Flex a couple months ago?

About twenty pictures and in every one he had the same stupid grimace

even a blind man can see he's overrated

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »
He seems like a nice guy.

I don't know why you hate him so much. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 11:58:04 PM »
He seems like a nice guy.

I don't know why you hate him so much. 

Because he and his idiot wife attacked Dina on here with their religious bullshit a while back.

Good enough reason for you?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 12:20:29 AM »
What did they say in regards to Dina? ???

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »
The guy never shuts up about himself and an arrogant dwarf... His wife will leave him before he turns pro.

Enjoy your dish...

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 12:14:59 PM »
Where do you guys get the idea that he is 170lbs???

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Where do you guys get the idea that he is 170lbs???

ROFL..we gave him the benefit of the doubt that he is not less
Here comes the money shot

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 06:03:50 AM »
I just dont get the reason behind this thread.  Nothing better to do,  so you some guy decides to start hating on Putnam.  Starting off by calling him a cross eyed midget. 
  The guy has a glass eye from an accident, leave the guy alone.  Oh yeah this is GETBIG, anything goes.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 06:11:17 AM »
I'm not hating on the guy, but if you are going to put out a bodybuilding magazine, have a person with an impressive physique on it. For the average guy, he has a very good physique, but in todays level of development for bodybuilders, that simply does not cut it, thus making it not suitable to being on a cover.
No doubt about it...

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 06:19:12 AM »
I just dont get the reason behind this thread.  Nothing better to do,  so you some guy decides to start hating on Putnam.  Starting off by calling him a cross eyed midget. 
  The guy has a glass eye from an accident, leave the guy alone.  Oh yeah this is GETBIG, anything goes.

The reason we get pissed off is we don't like being told who the next big thing is, especially when it's coming purely from a marketing perspective. Putnam hadn't won a damn thing until he was given a class win at the USA's and his physique there was nowhere near a pro-level.

And who exactly is he supposed to be so marketable to?  What man would want to look anything like that?  If Putnam is what bodybuilding needs to reach out to the mainstream public I hope bodybuilding never goes mainstream.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 06:20:50 AM »
Let me ask everyone this........

If you were to land numerous covers on some of the biggest mags in the world, get big spreads, were married to a girl THAT hot AND sweet, had an endorsement contract, won the USA, were the favorite for the Nationals.......

would you care what a bunch of people hiding behind screen names thought or said about you?  Think about that for a moment haha put yourself in his shoes and realize how insignificant this thread or your opinions are to him or anybody else... you are only entertaining EACH OTHER

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 06:22:13 AM »
not to be hating on the guy or anything he looks allright to me dont know why all the hate..

but whats going on with his belly skin there. looks like lose skin or stretch marks.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 06:41:03 AM »
they tone down those covers a bit for the general public,his flex magazine cover was more hardcore like.good build and those looks on that cover is presented as a healthy approach to a bbing lifestyle not competitive like flex.they usually use a fitness type model on those anyway.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 07:17:28 AM »
they tone down those covers a bit for the general public,his flex magazine cover was more hardcore like.good build and those looks on that cover is presented as a healthy approach to a bbing lifestyle not competitive like flex.they usually use a fitness type model on those anyway.

Another great point.  I know poeple who have shot for Muscle and Fitness.... and they were asked to come in "flat" and less veiny to the shoot...

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 07:27:17 AM »
Putnam had a photo shoot at the gym I train at (Golds Vegas) after the USA's this year, he seemed like a cool guy, but I gotta say his physique wasn't that impressive, it definitely seemed attainable naturally in my opinion. His wife was there and she was smokin!

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:55 AM »
Hey Corinth

No problem dude, Ive got better things to do.  Ive met Peter before(after my class win at the USA). Hes not my friend but Ive met him  and he was a very nice guy, he went way out of his way to congratulate me and be a gentleman.  He obviously has marketability( but not in your eyes) and a very hot girl. Its not his fault is it?  Is he really arrogant? I dont see that? and please dont try to prove it to me, i dont care. 

And he also has a glass eye, I noticed it when I met him. That must really suck. What kind of person makes fun of a guy with a disability like this? Are you proud to call him cross eyed?    His training, and everything in life has got to be more difficult. Try putting a patch on one of your eyes.

Him being midget.. Well then, Im a dwarf, but us dwarfs and midgets found a sport we can be pretty good in. Mr Olympia is a midget too,right? only 5'9". what are you?  a six foot bean poll?Skinny arent you? or some big fat slob? which one? My bad, please dont answer, I dont care(sorry about that),  remember Putnams a midget and Im a dwarf so no problem bro.

But Im done with you, no hard feelings. Ive got shit to do. A full time job,(Im a P.E. teacher for disabled students at some inner city schools in Los Angeles)  a beautifull daughter, a nice home, an awesome wife my training and diet is going great. Im way ahead of schedule. And I have another national win in my grasps, so I better go and not engage in this anymore. You can, but I wont respond(just dont have the time)and dont care.

Take it easy, judging by the number of your posts, you will be on here responding, trying to make your point, bashing me or Peter, etc.  Take care and good luck with your bodybuilding career.

Peace Alex

P.S. If you want to talk more about it, Im at all the big shows in L.A.and competing at nationals in Texas. after the posedown we can talk more about how you hate Peter and other stuff. 
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 08:07:44 AM »
  Him being midget.. Well then, Im a dwarf, but us dwarfs and midgets found a sport we can be pretty good in. Mr Olympia is a midget too,right? only 5'9". what are you?  a six foot bean poll?Skinny arent you? or some big fat slob? which one?  remember Putnams a midget and Im a dwarf so no problem bro.
Yeah. This political correctness is out of control. You can’t racial profile, you can’t call a midget a midget. It’s all spinning out of control.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »
I'm not hating on the guy, but if you are going to put out a bodybuilding magazine, have a person with an impressive physique on it. For the average guy, he has a very good physique, but in todays level of development for bodybuilders, that simply does not cut it, thus making it not suitable to being on a cover.
u see in Putnam everything you ever wished for but never have/never will. I understand your anger . Just live your life.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »

i guess getting a flex cover when you don't deserve it can lead one to be an arrogant prick,
and therefore not be his fault?

monster logic!

Hey Corinth
No problem dude, Ive got better things to do.  Ive met Peter before(after my class win at the USA). Hes not my friend but Ive met him  and he was a very nice guy, he went way out of his way to congratulate me and be a gentleman.  He obviously has marketability( but not in your eyes) and a very hot girl. Its not his fault is it?  Is he really arrogant? I dont see that? and please dont try to prove it to me, i dont care. 
  And he also has a glass eye, I noticed it when I met him. That must really suck. What kind of person makes fun of a guy with a disability like this? Are you proud to call him cross eyed? 
  His training, and everything in life has got to be more difficult. Try putting a patch on one of your eyes.
  Him being midget.. Well then, Im a dwarf, but us dwarfs and midgets found a sport we can be pretty good in. Mr Olympia is a midget too,right? only 5'9". what are you?  a six foot bean poll?Skinny arent you? or some big fat slob? which one? My bad, please dont answer, I dont care(sorry about that),  remember Putnams a midget and Im a dwarf so no problem bro.
   But Im done with you, no hard feelings. Ive got shit to do. A full time job,(Im a P.E. teacher for disabled students at some inner city schools in Los Angeles)  a beautifull daughter, a nice home, an awesome wife my training and diet is going great. Im way ahead of schedule. And I have another national win in my grasps, so I better go and not engage in this anymore. You can, but I wont respond(just dont have the time)and dont care.
    Take it easy, judging by the number of your posts, you will be on here responding, trying to make your point, bashing me or Peter, etc.  Take care and good luck with your bodybuilding career. Peace Alex
P.S. If you want to talk more about it, Im at all the big shows in L.A.and competing at nationals in Texas. after the posedown we can talk more about how you hate Peter and other stuff. 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »

Hmm.. Peter has a beautiful wife, wins his class at the USA's from 30+ competitors, gets a cover of M&F. Instead of being cool and proud, you are jealous. Nice.

The episode with Dina, Peter and Jesicca is over and done with. Will see if i can get Dina and Jesicca in a hug at the Olympia for you.

Peter has always been a good guy, quite cool and always a pleasure to discuss and talk too. No arrogance in him, and neither in Jessica. She may have her beliefs but such is life.

Congrats on the cover! A lot of people would love that.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2007, 12:28:18 AM »

Because he and his idiot wife attacked Dina on here with their religious bullshit a while back.

Good enough reason for you?

But they were quickly called on it and put in check.

And didn't they apologize (at least in some small way) for their hypocrisy?

Let me add that both were very cordial and honest in discussing the matter privately.  I was very impressed with the way they handled it. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2007, 12:29:52 AM »

And the 'pro' from Musclemania did???

Muscle & Fitness already decided it wants a different customer base. 

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2007, 10:37:39 AM »
Now they just get someone else to post what they want to say rather than just making up multiple handles.  They are using others who are young and naive.

Sad.

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »
I just don't get the reason behind this thread.  Nothing better to do,  so you some guy decides to start hating on Putnam.  Starting off by calling him a cross eyed midget. 

He should have gone with the eye patch instead that would be badass

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »
Hmm.. Peter has a beautiful wife, wins his class at the USA's from 30+ competitors, gets a cover of M&F. Instead of being cool and proud, you are jealous. Nice.

The episode with Dina, Peter and Jesicca is over and done with. Will see if i can get Dina and Jesicca in a hug at the Olympia for you.

Peter has always been a good guy, quite cool and always a pleasure to discuss and talk too. No arrogance in him, and neither in Jessica. She may have her beliefs but such is life.

Congrats on the cover! A lot of people would love that.

Do they know your Jewish? ;D