Author Topic: Chris Cormier should just STOP competing now!  (Read 8320 times)

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Cormier should just STOP competing now!
« on: September 22, 2007, 05:01:05 AM »
STOP.........

While he can still be remembered as a Great Champion in Bodybuilding....Guys who watched him place in the top 5 in many of the IFBB Pro shows including the O while they were Amatuers are now beating him Hands down.......

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Chris Cromier Should Just................................
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 05:10:02 AM »
STOP.........While he can still be remembered as a Great Champion in Bodybuilding....Guys who watched him place in the top 5 in many of the IFBB Pro shows including the O while they were Amatuers are now beating him Hands down.......

Actually he has done quite well, this time las year he was in a hospital bed, and it was thought he wouldn't even look this good.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:14:22 AM »
let him compete... why would anyone worry about when they "peaked" ... you keep doing something until you are satisfied that you are done

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:54:55 AM »
Actually he has done quite well, this time las year he was in a hospital bed, and it was thought he wouldn't even look this good.

Word.  8) I still don't know how Chris looked as good as he did, he really had to rebuild his body from almost nothing.  If Chris still has the drive to he should cool out this year, get that tricep looked at, and comeback strong at the Ironman or Arnold where he at even at 95% can win.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 06:00:25 AM »

...hang up his CELL PHONE and stop trickin' on his baby mama.
?

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 06:49:34 AM »
...hang up his CELL PHONE and stop trickin' on his baby mama.

Haha. I still refuse to use a Bluetooth. One, because I think they maybe dangerous to your health because they are always near your brain. Two, because they make you look like you are talking to yourself.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 07:03:21 AM »
Haha. I still refuse to use a Bluetooth. One, because I think they maybe dangerous to your health because they are always near your brain. Two, because they make you look like you are talking to yourself.

Dangerous to your brain... Then you got nothing to fear.. ;D

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »
I saw him up close at the Mr. Olymipa night show in 06.  He looked like a guy who didn't even train!  Really proved to me muscle memory is very, very real.  I know the slin-gh-roid combo works well, but it can't take a man from nothing to 6th at a pro show in a little over 1 year.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:22:41 AM »
Cormier still got quite a bit left in the tank ... give him a chance !  :D

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 08:42:07 AM »
Cormier still got quite a bit left in the tank ... give him a chance !  :D

I would agree, but the injuries keep piling up. Isn't rehab from a tricep tear something like 3-4 months?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 08:44:58 AM »
HEY FOR WHAT CHRIS HAS BEEN THROU HE LOOKED GREAT...SURE WE HAVE SEEN HIM BETTER...BUT HEY GIVE HIM TIME......YOU MUST REMEMBER..CHRIS RONNIE AND MYSELF HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE 92,93....WE HAVE SEEN ALOT COME AND GO....LETS SEE IF ANY OF THESE NEW GUYS WILL BE AROUND AFTER 14-15 YEARS......
I HAVE SEEN ALOT COME AND GO ALREADY....

SO BEST OF LUCK TO CHRIS......HE DID A GREAT JOB

Eirik

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 09:02:23 AM »
HEY FOR WHAT CHRIS HAS BEEN THROU HE LOOKED GREAT...SURE WE HAVE SEEN HIM BETTER...BUT HEY GIVE HIM TIME......YOU MUST REMEMBER..CHRIS RONNIE AND MYSELF HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE 92,93....WE HAVE SEEN ALOT COME AND GO....LETS SEE IF ANY OF THESE NEW GUYS WILL BE AROUND AFTER 14-15 YEARS......

WORD!  :)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 09:07:34 AM »

Leeeee fuck sake good to hear from you :D you haven't been posting here for ages, how are you mate?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 09:14:09 AM »

Exactly - Yourself, Chris, & Ronnie are like Energizer Bunny ... Keep going.. and going...
WTF is with all the put downers who aint even worthy to load plate?
God, this transparent dissatisfaction with they own results get's old!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 09:35:23 AM »

hey, Lee. do you remember when you, cormier, dillett and all those other guys were doing the Europe shows back in 97' or so? that was great guys
Get Big, or Die Trying

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 10:31:43 AM »
just giv him a break ,remember his injury and the time he was off, in such a short time he managed to get back a bit of what he lost,he did great ther .just need some mo time

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 11:02:29 AM »

Constantly I get freaked out when I see people wandering around talking to themselves (sometimes getting angry) only to figure out that they are on the phone.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 11:07:47 AM »

Guys like you were lucky enough to turn pro young and never played the size game (not counting Ronnie of course). I think you both could be like the guys from the 70's-80's who even though retired are still in phenomenal shape today, personally I always see Chris as the Robbie Robinson of today.
I

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »

awesome point, lee!! my feet first hit a bodybuilding stage in 1983!! every single person who was competing then is looooong gone!!! 99% of the current  crop will be gone in 10 years. what cormier did last weekend was amazing...even though not his best ever.

dave pulcinella

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »

awesome point, lee!! my feet first hit a bodybuilding stage in 1983!! every single person who was competing then is looooong gone!!! 99% of the current  crop will be gone in 10 years. what cormier did last weekend was amazing...even though not his best ever.

dave pulcinella

Just think the improvments Chris will make by next year ;)
I

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 11:30:44 AM »

Very well said Lee ! The guy was almost paralyzed last year , I think it is a tremendous achievement to compete at the level he did a couple of weeks ago!! He looked impressive after going trough so much shit , props to him ! :o
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 12:01:33 PM »
Thats all great and i appluad his fight to health but in terms of Bodybuilding career Chris won his Pro card at the 93 USA's he has been chassen that ARNOLD for quites sometime...EVEN you LEE have your GOALS accomplished...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 12:03:15 PM »
Cormier is one of the greatest of all time you idiots!!
L

THE AUSSIE GIFT

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 12:59:26 PM »
Well said Lee, Cormier is one of the best ever. He is a top bloke to hang out with and has one of the most balanced physiques to have ever walked on stage. The guy was in a coma you idiots, I think he looked great for the time he had to rebuild his body. best of luck to him in the future.