Author Topic: Staying Focused with dieting for a show...  (Read 1547 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Staying Focused with dieting for a show...
« on: September 22, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »
What are some things you guys do that diet for a show, to stay hungry, strict, and focused? As we all know it doesnt matter how many sets, or what exercise you do as much as what and how much you eat while your dieting down...

I watch bodybuilding vids of the pros, seems to motivate me...but its been tough...

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: Staying Focused with dieting for a show...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:45:51 AM »
What are some things you guys do that diet for a show, to stay hungry, strict, and focused? As we all know it doesnt matter how many sets, or what exercise you do as much as what and how much you eat while your dieting down...

I watch bodybuilding vids of the pros, seems to motivate me...but its been tough...

Look at it this way, Heracles ... if your not Training hard and/or Dieting hard, chances are your Competitors are. If your not " staying hungry, strict, and focused " then guess who might be ?  ;)

When Dieting for a Show I ALWAYS keep that little tidbit in mind ... it's very important ! There will be many days that you'll wake up and feel like crap ... even days when you feel SICK of Eating and/or Training ... just keep your head up and stay motivated, my friend ... you Train hard and Diet hard and It'll show onstage ! Not only that, but you'll feel a hell of a lot better, too, knowing that you put 100 % into both ! There's no better feeling than standing onstage KNOWING that you did all you could do to get into the shape that your in. Good luck, Brother, and keep us updated.  :)

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:55:47 AM »
I agree with what Iron said, I am also dieting (6 weeks out) I do a couple of different things to keep me focused. I look at pics of past competitions and see many pics of what I don't want to look like (like when folks are on stage but they still look like they are 3-4 weeks out). I look at pics of bodybuilders I admire or a body builder that has a particular body part that is shredded beyond belief (working hard on my glutes right now) and work towards assimilating that. I tell myself that all the money spent on food and supps cannot go down the drain because I feel like cheating or don't feel like doing cardio. The bottom line is no one is forcing us to do this, we do it because we love the sport. Hang in there!!!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 06:33:15 PM »
Shows not until May 30 2008. But its really not that far away from a bb prep timeline- SHit will really hit the fan come January...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 06:57:30 PM »
yes...start eating clean now, herc.

stay motivated by looking at pictures of yourself when you were fat! its what i do ;D

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 01:57:33 AM »
make sure you have a good support group around you also.