Author Topic: Question regarding Olympia Competitors  (Read 649 times)

charles-benner

• Getbig II
Question regarding Olympia Competitors
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:22 AM »
A question I was thinking about, with the pros and the amount of money it takes to compete, with the food, supplements, and clothing, belts, sneaks and everything you need to be in the elite, why do these guys compete during  the year, I know they have a love for this bodybuilding, but they compete to get the honor of competing in the Mr. Olympia. 

Why do they compete in the small shows that really do not pay all that well unless in the top three,  qualify for the Olympia and then they do not do the olympia.  I mean they spend so much time and energy and money and sacrfice to compete in the Ex. atlantic city show, make little money qualify for the O then decide to skip it.   If they have no plans to do the Olympia why even do the small shows what do you get other then a little exposure. 

Really it just takes away more olympia qualifing spots we could have 5 other contestants compete since 5 decided to compete qualify and then sit out.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
Re: Question regarding Olympia Competitors
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:31:07 AM »
Many of their supplement contracts require them to compete more than once a year.

It's the only reason Tamali still competes at all and the reason Melvin competed in Atlantic City.