Author Topic: Unbiased media?  (Read 1578 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Unbiased media?
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »
. . .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Unbiased media?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:35:57 PM »
C-SPAN.  They don't offer opinions, but they do an excellent job of presenting all credible sides. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 07:43:08 PM »
C-SPAN.  They don't offer opinions, but they do an excellent job of presenting all credible sides. 

Agree, C-SPAN is the only good TV source for News.
S

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:00:17 AM »
Agree with C-Span.

Here's an interesting link for those who care to read it. It's on fair.org's site, "what's wrong with the media?"

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=101

They've made, from what I can tell, a pretty accurate list (with examples) of what's wrong with the media today.

I don't think it's possible to find a news source that both delivers all the news, and is totally unbiased.

Best thing we can do? Be aware of the problems in the mainstream media, and try to find alternative sources as well to counter the reality we're given on any given day. But we will always watch the mainstream media of course.

That's why I think watching Al-Jazeera is a good idea. Those who thinks Al-Jazeera are terrorist sympathizers, obviously haven't watched it.

As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 12:49:15 AM »
In the USA everything is propaganda and there is no truly independent journalism. There are no good candidates and the Imperium Americanum is falling...just a matter of time, for better or worse...
I hate the State.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 01:09:37 AM »
In the USA everythng is propaganda and there is no truly indepedent journalism. There are no good candidates and the Imperium Americanum is falling...just a matter of time, for better or worse...

Lets try to stay on topic shall we? ::)

As empty as paradise

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 06:40:21 AM »
Agree, C-SPAN is the only good TV source for News.

because they don't commentate, it is simply live tv without spin. Problem is 95% of Americans are to lazy to watch the floor debates and figure it out for themselves. They need someone to tell them what was said and what was meant by it.
gotta love life

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 06:51:16 AM »
because they don't commentate, it is simply live tv without spin. Problem is 95% of Americans are to lazy to watch the floor debates and figure it out for themselves. They need someone to tell them what was said and what was meant by it.

Exactly.

People get intellectually immobilized by watching Obermann or O'Reilly. Or listening to Limbaugh.

Just to hear what they should think on certain issues.

It works like this:

1. Something happens

2. Mr Joe Blow sees it/hears about it/reads about it

3. Joe Blow tunes in "his" guru to learn what he should think about it.

4. Joe Blow goes out and tells his friends "his" opinion.
As empty as paradise

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 07:32:04 AM »

Uhhuh..... :-\
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 08:14:43 AM »

I agree completely.  For years they have hosted 911 symposiums - discussions of evidence which makes the official story physically impossible.  They've also discussed the money trail of the terrorists, which leads to some white guys in ties who actually funded 911 operations.

I applaud your confidence in CSPAN, BB.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 08:40:10 AM »
C-Span is great!  No commentary, just conversation from whichever side on whatever topic.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
an oxymoron...
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
I agree completely.  For years they have hosted 911 symposiums - discussions of evidence which makes the official story physically impossible.  They've also discussed the money trail of the terrorists, which leads to some white guys in ties who actually funded 911 operations.

I applaud your confidence in CSPAN, BB.

Yes C-SPAN has showed the 911 CT nuts.  They also allowed a black man to talk about how all whites should be killed.  They are equal opportunity. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »
Yes C-SPAN has showed the 911 CT nuts. 

I remember a few months back, we had a discussion.  I said that most people were stupid, and you disagreed. 

2/3 of Americans now support an investigation into 911 based upon WTC7 collapse.

Looks like you've been proven correct.  Most people DO have some brains to them ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 11:20:10 AM »
Yes C-SPAN has showed the 911 CT nuts.  They also allowed a black man to talk about how all whites should be killed.  They are equal opportunity. 

BTW, because there was more than 1 hijacker on 9/11, it was a conspiracy by definition.

I've let you embarass yourself for two years by saying "conspiracy theorists", but I have to stop you now.  That's an incorrect statement.  The White House told us there were 19 conspirators, or people who worked with one another.

I would ask that, as a moderator, you were more responsible with using poor terminology.  You're technically doubting the White House account of events when you say "conspiracy theorist". 

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 11:24:50 AM »
will another investigation really get to the truth? after seeing what the 911 commission said and all the theorists out there all it will ever do is create more doubt, anger, and division...
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »
You want better terminology?  Here you go:

You and other people who believe in this 911 CT foolishness are free to post that garbage on the board.  Debate and discuss at will.  Have fun.  It is a stupid theory.  It makes no sense.  It is as plausible as little green men invading the United States and taking over the White House.  

But you and those who believe in this nonsense can talk about it as much as you like.  Carry on.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 11:30:16 AM »
will another investigation really get to the truth? after seeing what the 911 commission said and all the theorists out there all it will ever do is create more doubt, anger, and division...

ANother investigation will tell us who knew about the attacks and bought put options on those 2 airlines, knowing their stock would plummet.

We could ask these people how they knew.  And, since they did a little thing called accessory before the fact to murder 2972 people, well, maybe there would be some charges there.

FOur of the 9/11 commission members have called for a new investigation. The two CHAIRS have called for a new investigation.  They weren't allowed to see a lot of the things which have come out since then.  You know... the $100,000 that was wired to Atta from the the same guy eating breakfast with the CIA director the morning of 911.   Things like that.

Now that these commissioners have seen that evidence, they believe it's time for a second investigation.  Remember - there were 4 investigations into pearl harbor.  There were several into JFK - two that I can think of at the moment.  There WILL be a second investigation into 911, this cannot be disputed.  It will be introduced this fall and it will likely pass in 08.  It's inevitable when THIS MANY people want one.  I mean, the polls are pretty scientific - 200 million americans want another investigation.  Those are the facts.

It will create more anger and hurt.  But if it means maybe some people who helped those 19 arabs commit murder might be exposed, are you against it? ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 11:34:40 AM »
You and other people who believe in this 911 CT

You just used the phrase "CT".  This defies the White House position.  They submit that it was a conspiracy by 19 arabs.  I'd like to know why you dispute George Bush here?

It is a stupid theory.  It makes no sense.

To you, it doesn't make sense.  You don't understand a lot about global economics.  There is limited oil.  We want to get ahold of more of it.  You follow me so far?

911 was allowed to happen to justify a string of wars on oil-rich regions.  Afghanistan has that nice caspian basin.  Iraq has 50 to 75 trillion in saleable oil.  We've attacked both of them.  And we're installing oil pipelines in both places.

And yes, the contracts are signed.  They go on with the firms, no matter what happens to the govts in Iraq.  THe Hunt oil company of TX now owns all oil exploration rights to kurdish oil.

I know you're all about hammocks and rainbow and using words like "CT" to disrespect your president.  One day, I recommend you learn more about oil.  Thanks!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 11:40:42 AM »
ANother investigation will tell us who knew about the attacks and bought put options on those 2 airlines, knowing their stock would plummet.

We could ask these people how they knew.  And, since they did a little thing called accessory before the fact to murder 2972 people, well, maybe there would be some charges there.

FOur of the 9/11 commission members have called for a new investigation. The two CHAIRS have called for a new investigation.  They weren't allowed to see a lot of the things which have come out since then.  You know... the $100,000 that was wired to Atta from the the same guy eating breakfast with the CIA director the morning of 911.   Things like that.

Now that these commissioners have seen that evidence, they believe it's time for a second investigation.  Remember - there were 4 investigations into pearl harbor.  There were several into JFK - two that I can think of at the moment.  There WILL be a second investigation into 911, this cannot be disputed.  It will be introduced this fall and it will likely pass in 08.  It's inevitable when THIS MANY people want one.  I mean, the polls are pretty scientific - 200 million americans want another investigation.  Those are the facts.

It will create more anger and hurt.  But if it means maybe some people who helped those 19 arabs commit murder might be exposed, are you against it? ???

nope..not at all..i'm all for getting to the bottom of it all but I tend to be jaded when we talk about investigating our compartmentalized government...the truth is buried so deep its virtually impossible to get to who knew what, what the bush admin knew or didn't know, who benefitted...sure, the warren commission came up with one theory, jim garrison another and the house select committee another...and we are no where closer to finding out who killed kennedy than we are to finding out every true fact about 9/11. 
footloose and fancy free

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »
nope..not at all..i'm all for getting to the bottom of it all but I tend to be jaded when we talk about investigating our compartmentalized government...the truth is buried so deep its virtually impossible to get to who knew what, what the bush admin knew or didn't know, who benefitted...sure, the warren commission came up with one theory, jim garrison another and the house select committee another...and we are no where closer to finding out who killed kennedy than we are to finding out every true fact about 9/11. 

I'm very sure that no one will ever go to jail for it.

But...

They won't be able to pull shit like that again for quite a few decades.  Ya know?  TOday, if Iranians flew 4 planes into buildings, guess what... 80% of Americans would blame BUSH first.  Isn't that crazy?  Well, it's because he fought the initial investigation for 441 days, and classified the specific warnings he got from numerous nations on Aug 6, 2001, about the attacks.  He lost credibility here with his people.  I know, some of you still believe everything he says, and that is okay.  But 80+% of AMericans doubt the official story, and 67% of us actually cite WTC7 as the reason!!

Remember another thing - it took 40 years for 80% of americans to doubt the JFK official story.  It only took 5 years to reach 80% here in America.  By the time info came out, most involved were senile or dead.  THis time, those folks involved will be kicking and still at their jobs.  And, thanks to the web, it's just a matter of time until some deathbed confession on youtube starts to open up some serious questions.

So i agree with you that no one will probbaly ever do any time for it.  But it's nice if people know a fake attack when they see one - so it won't happen again.  Thats my point.  I'm all about taking oil from other countries if that's what is needed to maintain my standard of living.  But what about those 200 folks that jumped from the towers?  WHat about the 2700 others who were killed by the collapsing buildings?