Author Topic: How dead is a pro's natural hormone production after finishing BB?  (Read 3407 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: How dead is a pro's natural hormone production after finishing BB?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 09:09:38 AM »
It's as dead as anyone else's at that stage in life....BBer or not.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 09:29:50 AM »
It's as dead as anyone else's at that stage in life....BBer or not.

but after years off aritificially inflating your test level I thought the the body reduced it's own natural production..so all things be equal a pro should have less natural production after coming off compared to a "normal" person at the same age.. correct me if I am wrong
Here comes the money shot

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 09:41:08 AM »
Haney still looks good

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 09:59:55 AM »
i'd like to hear more about what happens to pros when they retire.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 10:07:30 AM »
i'd like to hear more about what happens to pros when they retire.
Arnold looks like a bag full of weed

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 10:37:19 AM »
but after years off aritificially inflating your test level I thought the the body reduced it's own natural production..so all things be equal a pro should have less natural production after coming off compared to a "normal" person at the same age.. correct me if I am wrong

You're wrong.

ONLY if you're a complete maniac with the gear will your test levels shrink to nothing...even at that, your natural production may indeed be suppressed during a cycle, but will bounce back fairly quickly....

Bottom line is, a males natural test production will diminish greatly over time....normally. Whether you do a few cycles or not cannot change that fact.

All of this, of course, is highly subject to individual dosage, response to gear, and duration of usage.....

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 10:39:13 AM »
You're wrong.

ONLY if you're a complete maniac with the gear will your test levels shrink to nothing...even at that, your natural production may indeed be suppressed during a cycle, but will bounce back fairly quickly....

Bottom line is, a males natural test production will diminish greatly over time....normally. Whether you do a few cycles or not cannot change that fact.

All of this, of course, is highly subject to individual dosage, response to gear, and duration of usage.....

so does that mean all that we hear about taking gear at young ages is bad because you test levels will never recover is bullshit?

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
Does Dorian for example still use minimal amounts of synthetic testosterone in order to maintain a normal life?

Certainly Ronnie will never have natural levels back...

What do you say?

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 06:36:32 PM »
I can tell you that myself, after huge doses of every roid under the sun, no gh or slin anything like that, after about 4 years of huge abuse doses, my levels were at about 200 ngl, which is almost the lowest it could be, so add about 10 years to that of a pro bber, and basically when the person gets off juice and drugs their hormone system is totally destroyed, actually I was able to revive my testosterone through rest and good old time, it took me about a year and 2 months to feel normal, actually my test level came back stronger, I was actually lucky to have the access to extreme labs supplements which actually a few of their products like natural test depot and woody allowed my natural level to spike up high............my advice to guys who want to juice is to take doses for about a month at a time, that way your system doesnt become totally dependent, and keep the dosage low, a person can actually take 250 mg of sostenon twice a month and keep the natural test production there.  My theory is on the month use, your body is just acclimating to the sythesized test, if you actually use low doses and supplements to keep the leutinizing hormone working you can actually do your body good.  However the huge doses for months at a time can destroy your system.  Actually 10 mg of anavar a day is enough to totally shut down your natural test, take care guys.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »
It's funny how no one has mentioned Insulin and the fact that after years of using it, the pancreas stops producing it on its own leading to Diabetes II....I am sure that Ronnie is diabetic by now...
I hate the State.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 08:26:10 PM »
Sorry, your wrong. Even low levels of HRT test. can and will shut down normal testicular test. production.  ::)

No he's right. Chick is saying that your levels do indeed go down on a cycle but unless you are completely crazy and stay on for long amounts of time and really fuck things up, you will go right once you come off the gear.

Mons Venus

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »
No he's right. Chick is saying that your levels do indeed go down on a cycle but unless you are completely crazy and stay on for long amounts of time and really fuck things up, you will go right once you come off the gear.

Honestly, how often do bbers like Chick REALLY go off AAS ?

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 02:55:17 PM »
It's funny how no one has mentioned Insulin and the fact that after years of using it, the pancreas stops producing it on its own leading to Diabetes II....I am sure that Ronnie is diabetic by now...

Ronnie will be just fine, on of the natural supplement he takes it regulates adrenal cortex function.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »
Honestly, how often do bbers like Chick REALLY go off AAS ?

Judging from some of Chick's pics i would say quite often. I'm sure some stay on full time (GH15) but there would be those who take breaks and benefit from it. Some that abuse it seem to just burn out (JPF, Nasser).

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 03:39:49 PM »
You're wrong.

Serious question. How were your test levels when you were off a while back (at least looked like it). Did you do extensive HCG/HMG/Clomid etc, treatments?

I don't think the rebound is fast without help from other drugs. Studies show that even after fairly moderate use it can take about 2 years to restore it fully. Even the 200mg/test week contraception studies showed it took like at least 4 months before it starts to climb back IIRC.

I don't know how dosage dependent it is either. Like cswole says (I rarely agree with him) a minute dosage of anavar is enough to shut you down (15mg of anavar will drop your test by 30% in 3 days!). If you are shut down, you are shut down.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 04:56:28 PM »
Serious question. How were your test levels when you were off a while back (at least looked like it). Did you do extensive HCG/HMG/Clomid etc, treatments?

I don't think the rebound is fast without help from other drugs. Studies show that even after fairly moderate use it can take about 2 years to restore it fully. Even the 200mg/test week contraception studies showed it took like at least 4 months before it starts to climb back IIRC.

I don't know how dosage dependent it is either. Like cswole says (I rarely agree with him) a minute dosage of anavar is enough to shut you down (15mg of anavar will drop your test by 30% in 3 days!). If you are shut down, you are shut down.

yeah i wonder how these guys would know that "the levels bounce back up fairly quickly" when they are basically using something 365 days per year.

and their definition of natural is 500mg/test/week.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 05:02:44 PM »

So, insulin resistant diabetes, isn't a decreased sensitivity to insulin in the tissues.....but in fact, is an inability of the pancreas to produce insulin?

Please alert the medical community. 

Y

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2007, 05:21:48 PM »
So, insulin resistant diabetes, isn't a decreased sensitivity to insulin in the tissues.....but in fact, is an inability of the pancreas to produce insulin?

Please alert the medical community. 

Type 2 diabetes mellitus—previously known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), adult-onset diabetes or maturity-onset diabetes—is due to insulin resistance or reduced insulin sensitivity, combined with reduced insulin secretion. The defective responsiveness of body tissues to insulin almost certainly involves the insulin receptor in cell membranes. In the early stage the predominant abnormality is reduced insulin sensitivity, characterized by elevated levels of insulin in the blood. At this stage hyperglycemia can be reversed by a variety of measures and medications that improve insulin sensitivity or reduce glucose production by the liver. As the disease progresses the impairment of insulin secretion worsens, and therapeutic replacement of insulin often becomes necessary.
I hate the State.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 07:46:03 PM »
You are probably wrong. Exogenous insulin may in fact protect one from getting a sluggish or "burned out" pancreas. I know Milos believes this, as do others like Disgusted.

A bb on lots GH and huge amounts food is cranking out huge amounts of insulin. Exo insulin may allow the pancreas to get a break.

Of course, insulin doesn't help the sensitivity issue but that can be recovered.