Author Topic: Bill O Reilly makes racially insensitive comments  (Read 3778 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bill O Reilly makes racially insensitive comments
« on: September 25, 2007, 09:11:40 AM »
anyone have a link to it?  He said some rough stuff about harlem and other things yesterday.  NBC was discussing it this morning.  The transcript speaks volumes :(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Bill O Reilly makes racially insensitive comments
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:54:01 AM »
some info here, might find some links to transcripts

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709210007?f=h_top

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:04:04 AM »
Bill O'Reilly reported that he "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." O'Reilly added: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "

Holy crap.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 10:07:40 AM »
Bill O'Reilly reported that he "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." O'Reilly added: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "

Holy crap.

yep that's career suicide right there ladies

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »

yep that's career suicide right there ladies

watch.  Some neotaints will come on here and defend it. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 10:16:20 AM »
O Reilly is untouchable.

Long live Bill O Reilly!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
what's the big deal..we've been hearing the BS being spewed about the ''innocent'' JENA 6 for the past two weeks..it's about time to hear the other side of the BS coin...
footloose and fancy free

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 10:29:59 AM »
anyone have a link to it?  He said some rough stuff about harlem and other things yesterday.  NBC was discussing it this morning.  The transcript speaks volumes :(

News Flash...O'Reilly is a blowhard...this isn't news
gotta love life

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 10:31:59 AM »
morton downey jr was a blowhard...oreilly is just a blow job...
footloose and fancy free

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33:50 AM »
what's the big deal..we've been hearing the BS being spewed about the ''innocent'' JENA 6 for the past two weeks..it's about time to hear the other side of the BS coin...

The JENA 6?

Um, they don't sit on primetime tv, 5 nights a week, and preach from a moral pulpit, like OReilly does.

OReilly has a powerful voice in this nation.  His sponsors should realize they are giving money to help this man spread the word, and the word disrespects some grousp seriously.

And if you're okay with it, then you make your lot of racists.  And that reflects on you bigtime.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 10:39:40 AM »
240...it's called reading comprehension...we've gotten the liberal bs, along with al sharpton and jesse jackson about the jena 6 for the past two weeks...and now it's o'reilly's turn...so, yes, they are just like o'reilly..they preach from a moral pulpit too..

and where in my statement did i condone racism?
footloose and fancy free

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 10:42:33 AM »
and where in my statement did i condone racism?

sorry, not condone, but it sounded lik you condoned it here:

"what's the big deal..we've been hearing the BS being spewed about the ''innocent'' JENA 6 for the past two weeks..it's about time to hear the other side of the BS coin..."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 10:44:38 AM »
240...it's called reading comprehension...we've gotten the liberal bs, along with al sharpton and jesse jackson about the jena 6 for the past two weeks...and now it's o'reilly's turn...so, yes, they are just like o'reilly..they preach from a moral pulpit too..

If Jackson had a show on FOX news, and bashed whites like Oreilly did blacks - then Jackson would lose his sponsors and eventually his show.

We cannot excuse ANY group for doing it.

Jesse Jackson would have his own fox show in a MINUTE if he could.  Problem is, his racially polarizing beliefs would mean sponsors running.  No one wants to hear that garbage.  Now it seems OReilly is sliding into that cesspool himself.  We see what he really thinks about people of color now.  THe next time he takes the moral high ground on a race issue, I'm going to shake my head in disgust, arent you?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »
sorry, not condone, but it sounded lik you condoned it here:

"what's the big deal..we've been hearing the BS being spewed about the ''innocent'' JENA 6 for the past two weeks..it's about time to hear the other side of the BS coin..."

the only thing i condone is o'reilly's right to say what he wants...everyone else does...it's ok for sharpton to skew the facts to fit his argument...so o'reilly does the same thing..consequently, i think both are complete tools...
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 10:48:09 AM »
If Jackson had a show on FOX news, and bashed whites like Oreilly did blacks - then Jackson would lose his sponsors and eventually his show.

We cannot excuse ANY group for doing it.

Jesse Jackson would have his own fox show in a MINUTE if he could.  Problem is, his racially polarizing beliefs would mean sponsors running.  No one wants to hear that garbage.  Now it seems OReilly is sliding into that cesspool himself.  We see what he really thinks about people of color now.  THe next time he takes the moral high ground on a race issue, I'm going to shake my head in disgust, arent you?

everytime i put o'reilly on i shake my head...he's a no talent meathead, along with hannity, and scarborough...and the rest of the multitude of talking heads...it's fools journalism.
footloose and fancy free

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »

everytime i put o'reilly on i shake my head...he's a no talent meathead, along with hannity, and scarborough...and the rest of the multitude of talking heads...it's fools journalism.

Check it out cha cha.....

You are polarizing this thing black and white saying "if sharpton can say it then o'riley can say it" Its wrong on both ends. Just leave it that. O'riley sounds like a dumbass though, like a real uncultured dumbass.

But when hearing the stupid fucking exploits of mr "no spin"  your next statement souldnt be "well sharpton did it " then you turn it into " your side said this and my side said that so its cool now"  Instead of vocing the right stance that in this case should be "what a dumbass"

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »

You are polarizing this thing black and white saying "if sharpton can say it then o'riley can say it" Its wrong on both ends. Just leave it that. O'riley sounds like a dumbass though, like a real uncultured dumbass.

But when hearing the stupid fucking exploits of mr "no spin"  your next statement souldnt be "well sharpton did it " then you turn it into " your side said this and my side said that so its cool now"  Instead of vocing the right stance that in this case should be "what a dumbass"

People want to se if he'll be taken down like Imus.

Funny, all he said was that they weren't acting ignorant. :)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 11:09:13 AM »

oh brother..must i say this again? i said it was wrong..i said o'reilly is a jerk...no one said it's cool---i said it's his right to say it however he feels like saying it...   ::)  my hope is people take what these people say with a grain of salt and make up their own minds...
footloose and fancy free

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 11:12:39 AM »
People want to se if he'll be taken down like Imus.

Funny, all he said was that they weren't acting ignorant. :)

No. All he said is that he was surprised they weren't acting ignorant and  that they were as well-behaved as suburban white people.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 11:14:36 AM »

oh brother..must i say this again? i said it was wrong..i said o'reilly is a jerk...no one said it's cool---i said it's his right to say it however he feels like saying it...   ::)  my hope is people take what these people say with a grain of salt and make up their own minds...

I can dig it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 01:04:51 PM »

No. All he said is that he was surprised they weren't acting ignorant and  that they were as well-behaved as suburban white people.

He obviously needs to get out more. I have never been to a "black" establishment, with primarily black patronage and heard people cursing and being ignorant. And went to school in Baltimore live outside of DC (aka Chocolate City). Any establishment white or black, would not get kudos due to word of mouth.

Seems like O'rielly either watches too much MTV or BET (you know he likes looking at those big booty chicks) and believes all that crap, or he's been watching too many 70's blaxploitation flicks

The Coach

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 01:12:36 PM »

Haven't heard about it, but even if he did it'll make big news since he's on FOX, but when Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton says something it get swept under the rug....the hypocrisy!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 02:03:16 PM »
News Flash...O'Reilly is a blowhard...this isn't news

Yep, that just about sums it up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 02:10:13 PM »
Haven't heard about it, but even if he did it'll make big news since he's on FOX, but when Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton says something it get swept under the rug....the hypocrisy!

HAHAHAAH

you did it again Joe!

You tried to divert attention away from OReilly to attack someone in a different political party form you.

You didn't READ the text above, which clearly shows precisely what he said.

No, you attacked two blowhards with no credibility for somthing they did.  Incredible.

I'm calling you on it, and I will continue to do so.  This is COWARDICE arguing.  You'd be disqualified from a 6th grade debate team for this tactic.  Focus on the topic:  What do you think of Bill O Reilly's comment?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 03:06:08 PM »
No offense but why wouldn't you expect residents of Harlem to behave differently than those in other areas.  From what I know about it, it is a lower socioeconomic and social class of people with lower education and more likely to act in a certain way.  That isn't racism.  It's like O'Reilly saying he expected a woman at a southern restaurant to say "Ya'll" and speak with a thick Southern drawl.
Squishy face retard