Author Topic: MY TOP 3 OLYMPIA PREDICTION AND A BET  (Read 3753 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
MY TOP 3 OLYMPIA PREDICTION AND A BET
« on: September 26, 2007, 12:30:31 PM »
  OK, Going by what I am hearing from people in the know and what these guys are looking like at the moment I am going to make my top 3 Olympia prediction. I will take the first offer on a $50.00 bet that I am correct if anyone is interested. I actually hope that I am wrong since I would love to see Ronnie take one more and retire. BTW, this has nothing to do with Chic's top 3 pick although we may be talkng to the same people.  ;D

1st place  Jay
2nd place Victor
3rd place  Ronnie

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
Re: MY TOP 3 OLYMPIA PREDICTION AND A BET
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »
damn looks like its all over for big ron... all his vascularity aint gonna save him now  :-X

funny thing is now that cutler is " fridge like and too smooth without veins"

everyone is going to jump on victors jock. then poeple ae going to start hating victor for some reason and find something wrong with him.. then so forth

i love bbing  ;D

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 12:32:29 PM »
Victor can never come in conditioned like Ronnie can...for some reason he comes in smooth

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »
I will gladly take that bet.  PM me for info.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:51:37 PM »
I will gladly take that bet.  PM me for info.

OK bro. I'll pm you win or lose and the loser just gives the other an addy to send the money to.

I agree that I could never see Victor beating Ronnie, but I could see him beating Jay. Oh well, I still hope Ronnie wins and I lose the bet.  ;D

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 01:21:45 PM »
OK bro. I'll pm you win or lose and the loser just gives the other an addy to send the money to.

I agree that I could never see Victor beating Ronnie, but I could see him beating Jay. Oh well, I still hope Ronnie wins and I lose the bet.  ;D

I hope you are wrong Jim

Do we really want an appliance as a Mr.Olympia for ANOTHER year !!  :o :o

Vic or Ronnie for the win !!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 01:57:39 PM »
I am hoping for Dennis Wolfe to win it, he definitely could be the best man on stage.

Once he has the Sandow, I don't think anyone will say he isn't worthy of the title either.

The only question is whether Manion and friends will let Dennis win. He's tight with Sarcev, and the IFBB has a history of shafting bodybuilders for getting into the wrong company, eg Aaron Baker.

Remember, the judges actually had Kamali ahead of Wolfe in a competition last year.

But the age old "paying the dues" will probably be in effect, so realistically, Dennis Wolfe will come close but not all the way.

Here's my top three:

1. Cutler
2. Wolfe
3. Martinez

Sadly, it's all politics.

As empty as paradise

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »

Just so we are clear, what is the bet?  Is it that 1-3 will go Jay, Victor then Ronnie? And any other order I will win or do I have to put my top three in also?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »
Just so we are clear, what is the bet?  Is it that 1-3 will go Jay, Victor then Ronnie? And any other order I will win or do I have to put my top three in also?

Just that I pick the top 3 in the correct order.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 03:27:45 PM »
I will gladly take that bet.  You're on.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »
I'd love to see Wolf in the top 3, but it aint gonna happen this year. Hopefully will get top 6 though. He will definietly be top 3 one day. I'd agree with
1. Cutler
2. Martinez
3. Coleman
No doubt about it...

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »
  OK, Going by what I am hearing from people in the know and what these guys are looking like at the moment I am going to make my top 3 Olympia prediction. I will take the first offer on a $50.00 bet that I am correct if anyone is interested. I actually hope that I am wrong since I would love to see Ronnie take one more and retire. BTW, this has nothing to do with Chic's top 3 pick although we may be talkng to the same people.  ;D

1st place  Jay
2nd place Victor
3rd place  Ronnie

I'll take that bet. Like I said, it's in their contracts. Your right on the top three, but not in that order......Jay, Ronnie and Victor (although if he comes in like he did last year, he won't deserve the top 5).

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 10:47:15 PM »
I was talking with an industry insider tonight about the Olympia. We both agreed that to shake things up and take bodybuilding in the direction everyone talks about wanting to go, we'd like to see this:

1. Dexter
2. Ronnie
3. Victor

Dex has beaten Victor repeatedly until the Arnold and he is usually the most conditioned guy on stage. He's big enough to hold his own and still has a pleasing physique. That would set the stage for next year and what physique should be rewarded. Will it happen? Most likely not but hey it would shake the bodybuilding world up and leave people unable to say the show is predictable.

Elevate Your Image.™

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 10:51:20 PM »

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 11:15:34 PM »
I was talking with an industry insider tonight about the Olympia. We both agreed that to shake things up and take bodybuilding in the direction everyone talks about wanting to go, we'd like to see this:

1. Dexter
2. Ronnie
3. Victor

Dex has beaten Victor repeatedly until the Arnold and he is usually the most conditioned guy on stage. He's big enough to hold his own and still has a pleasing physique. That would set the stage for next year and what physique should be rewarded. Will it happen? Most likely not but hey it would shake the bodybuilding world up and leave people unable to say the show is predictable.

Not a bad thought, but wouldnt it then be predictable as Dexter to be the winner for the following years?  Maybe that would allow a physique like Phil Heath's to finally enter the Olympia..

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 11:16:53 PM »
jay will be selected as #1.
ronald will be #2.
victor will be #3.

this is already set in stone

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 11:21:50 PM »
Ronnie
Vic
Wolf
Jay
Dex

Assumptions are everyone 100%, Ronnie bringing back old form

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 11:23:04 PM »
jay will be selected as #1.
ronald will be #2.
victor will be #3.

this is already set in stone
id bet my life on this

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 11:27:10 PM »
I'll make a crazy guess LOL:

1 - Cutler

2 - Baddell

3 - Coleman

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 11:46:27 PM »
Not a bad thought, but wouldnt it then be predictable as Dexter to be the winner for the following years?  Maybe that would allow a physique like Phil Heath's to finally enter the Olympia..
Not at all - then it encourages guys to keep their physiques in check. Dexter, Toney Freeman, Phil, Melvin, etc. Shape, size and conditioning. The mass monsters wouldn't always prevail.

Elevate Your Image.™

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 11:50:24 PM »
I'll make a crazy guess LOL:

1 - Cutler

2 - Baddell

3 - Coleman
baddell 2 lol

6'th at best

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 11:53:37 PM »
I am hoping for Dennis Wolfe to win it, he definitely could be the best man on stage.

Once he has the Sandow, I don't think anyone will say he isn't worthy of the title either.

The only question is whether Manion and friends will let Dennis win. He's tight with Sarcev, and the IFBB has a history of shafting bodybuilders for getting into the wrong company, eg Aaron Baker.

Remember, the judges actually had Kamali ahead of Wolfe in a competition last year.

But the age old "paying the dues" will probably be in effect, so realistically, Dennis Wolfe will come close but not all the way.

Here's my top three:

1. Cutler
2. Wolfe
3. Martinez

Sadly, it's all politics.

::)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 11:54:01 PM »
it will be cutler-coleman at 1-2 anyone suggesting otherwise is fooling themselves

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 12:09:43 AM »
baddell 2 lol

6'th at best
Don't forget he beat Coleman in the challenge round once lol. He looked lean and mean in the pics that were posted, though they were too small to really tell. If he hits his all time best it could happen again.

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 12:16:55 AM »
1- Ron
2- Jay
3- vic

today Ronnie looked dry like hell! at the athlete meeting