Author Topic: Question for all the mods on here......  (Read 13054 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Question for all the mods on here......
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2007, 01:54:19 PM »
I agree...

Disappointing? not at all, it's what you chose to do and i respect that.

Dissapointing to me!   :'(

I'd rather train powerlifters or bodybuilders with some finite goal in mind.

Unfortunately, the people with money are usually middle aged women or guys looking to erase all those years of drinking and binge eating.

That's the bulk of my clientelle.

Once in awhile I get a bulker looking to make strength/lbm gains but it's rare.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2007, 02:30:47 PM »
Dissapointing to me!   :'(

I'd rather train powerlifters or bodybuilders with some finite goal in mind.

Unfortunately, the people with money are usually middle aged women or guys looking to erase all those years of drinking and binge eating.

That's the bulk of my clientelle.

Once in awhile I get a bulker looking to make strength/lbm gains but it's rare.

DIV

I'd also like to make good money training powerlifters but it's almost impossible.

I train a group of college kids every Saturday and it's alot of fun actually. the kids who act up or don't give it 100% i send home because i'm doing it for free. i've always wanted to personal train some real athletes but that isn't easy to get started in. that is why i'm an Engineer now.

i really wish i would have started training seriously in my teens, some of these kids have tons of potential and i've learned a few things from them.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »
I'm all about functional strength. I'm lucky enough to have an insane metabolism. i can eat 4500 cals a day and have a 6 pack. but i also do alot of sparring and cardio.

8)

What kind of beer are we talking about?  ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2007, 03:34:17 PM »
What kind of beer are we talking about?  ;)

Guiness!!! ;D

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2007, 03:35:37 PM »

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 07:12:39 AM »
Guiness!!! ;D

8)

You're a good lad in my book...bet you drink it cold though huh? :-X

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2007, 11:14:05 AM »
You're a good lad in my book...bet you drink it cold though huh? :-X

Only if i have to.

Alot of Pubs down here serve it room temp.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »
Only if i have to.

Alot of Pubs down here serve it room temp.

8)

It doesn't have to be ice cold but it's gotta be a little colder then room temp.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2007, 08:51:42 AM »
Guiness!!! ;D

You don't go for a glass of Merlot?

DIV

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2007, 09:08:03 AM »
Moose Head, Heineken , Heilmans Special Export,
or any Cali White Zin.

In cold weather with a steak and potatoes? Cabernet or Burgundy, @ basement floor temp.  ;)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2007, 02:40:53 PM »

DIV

I like a little from time to time but too much & I'm reading poetry to ex-girlfriends at 3:00AM.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
I like a little from time to time but too much & I'm reading poetry to ex-girlfriends at 3:00AM.

well, i guess that better than fucking them at 3:00am right? i dont think mama would approve...LOL

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
Moose Head, Heineken , Heilmans Special Export,
or any Cali White Zin.

In cold weather with a steak and potatoes? Cabernet or Burgundy, @ basement floor temp.  ;)

Trab
Up there in God's country you should be drinking Old Style  ;D

I still laugh when I go up to our summer home and all the Bars have Old Style or Pabst Blue Ribbon signs out front.
U

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »
Trab
Up there in God's country you should be drinking Old Style  ;D

I still laugh when I go up to our summer home and all the Bars have Old Style or Pabst Blue Ribbon signs out front.

For the money their Special Export is right up w/ any ale. I'd put it  w/ Molson's ale, Heinekin, or the other Canadians. I like that skunk smell and taste.

Yeah, them Old Red Neck drunks up North are a breed apart. Or is it too closely bred  ???  ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »

DIV

With a nice dinner i do.

When i want to "drink" i usually drink Guiness or Crown Royal on the rocks.

8)

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2007, 04:04:52 PM »
Hey Load, How is the knee?
U

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »

Poetry and ex's?

huh?   ???

DIV

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2007, 03:37:52 PM »
Hey Load, How is the knee?

Fantastic!

it will be 6 months since surgery on the 18th, I'm amazed how far I've come. I'm running 3 miles every other day and doing agility drills afterwards like i did in football. already doing front squats, lunges and deadlifts with decent weight. i can't wait until December when i can go all out again. the knee feels solid as a rock right now, I've even been doing some light muay thai training on Saturdays with my old coach.

8)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2007, 10:44:12 AM »
You can delete my post all you want. Beer and AAS dont mix.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »

No I'd say beer & oral AAS don't mix. A beer or two while taking injectables won't kill you.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2007, 02:06:56 PM »

There is absolutely ZERO proof behind that statement. Beer is actually VERY good for you in small amounts.

Moderation is the key, just like using AAS.

Just leave the board and save yourself the trouble.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »
No I'd say beer & oral AAS don't mix. A beer or two while taking injectables won't kill you.
Rim is right, it won't kill you and it won't be the end of the world. However, if you're in the middle of contest prep, obviously drinking anything should be out of the question. if you're not in prep, but still pretty hardcore and serious about your physique, drinking at all should still be kept to a minimum...at least that's what I think.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2007, 07:24:41 PM »
Rim is right, it won't kill you and it won't be the end of the world. However, if you're in the middle of contest prep, obviously drinking anything should be out of the question. if you're not in prep, but still pretty hardcore and serious about your physique, drinking at all should still be kept to a minimum...at least that's what I think.

Come on there's nothing like having 20 beers & thern hitting the weights the next day.  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2007, 07:47:51 PM »
Come on there's nothing like having 20 beers & thern hitting the weights the next day.  ;D
If you enjoy throwing up and smelling whisky pour out of your sweat glands, then by all means, I agree ;D

I've said before that I was a pretty heavy drinker for a good while back in the day, but I don't touch the stuff any more. It's been about 5-6yrs since i gave up the hard drinking and it will have been 2yrs this New Years Eve since I've had even a sip of anything with alcohol. I'm not saying I'll never drink anything again, I'm sure I will, but it will have to be for something special most likely.

the day after New years nearly 2yrs ago, when I went to the gym the next day I felt like shit, had a terrible training session and from that point on I knew i was done with alcohol. Like I've said time and time again, I am not some genetically blessed BB phenom, and every inch I gain in progress seems like it's a up hill fight all the way. I do enjoy the fight but anything that would even slightly hold me back just isn't worth it any more...not for me.

One of my favorite little quotes from Dave P: "Would you put low grade fuel in a high performance sports car?" The same goes for anyone dead set on being as brutally hardcore as they can be IMO.

Last off, I'm not knocking you guys who have a few drinks from time to time...nothing wrong with that. But we've all got our own thing , we've all got our own goals, and this is just simply how "I" do things.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2007, 08:01:22 PM »
If you enjoy throwing up and smelling whisky pour out of your sweat glands, then by all means, I agree ;D

I've said before that I was a pretty heavy drinker for a good while back in the day, but I don't touch the stuff any more. It's been about 5-6yrs since i gave up the hard drinking and it will have been 2yrs this New Years Eve since I've had even a sip of anything with alcohol. I'm not saying I'll never drink anything again, I'm sure I will, but it will have to be for something special most likely.

the day after New years nearly 2yrs ago, when I went to the gym the next day I felt like shit, had a terrible training session and from that point on I knew i was done with alcohol. Like I've said time and time again, I am not some genetically blessed BB phenom, and every inch I gain in progress seems like it's a up hill fight all the way. I do enjoy the fight but anything that would even slightly hold me back just isn't worth it any more...not for me.

One of my favorite little quotes from Dave P: "Would you put low grade fuel in a high performance sports car?" The same goes for anyone dead set on being as brutally hardcore as they can be IMO.

Last off, I'm not knocking you guys who have a few drinks from time to time...nothing wrong with that. But we've all got our own thing , we've all got our own goals, and this is just simply how "I" do things.

IMO the key is moderation. If you're going to have a couple drinks cool but if you go crazy it's really difficult to make any real gains & way too dangerous if you're taking oral AAS. I used to drink like crazy years ago. However, now I probably drink heavily four times a year & by heavy I mean more then four drinks in a sitting. Other then that it's a beer or two here or there (no more no less) with dinner or something. But the older I get the harder it is to recover from drinking. So after this past weekend I'm pretty much going to leave the heavy drinking to St. Pats day (hey I love Guinness).

All things aside when you're ready to break the fast of drinking let me know & I'll make an exception to the St. Pats Day rule  ;) .