Author Topic: Rudy flip flops on gun control  (Read 1004 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rudy flip flops on gun control
« on: September 26, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »
We've all seen the clips from 1994 where he bashes the NRA and gun rights in general.

We all know that his NYC handgun ban was very un-Republican.

He claimed last week that 911 changed his views on gun control and put him on the NRA's page.

That's convenient.  ANd it lets him name drop 911.  Problem is, in 2004 he also bashed gun rights and the NRA in a speech. 

Rudy, you are today's flipflopper.  Congrats.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Rudy flip flops on gun control
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:10:29 PM »
For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone would support Rudy for President.
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:17:44 PM »
For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone would support Rudy for President.

Because he was the successful mayor of one of the largest cities in the United States? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 06:43:45 PM »
Because he was the successful mayor of one of the largest cities in the United States? 

OK  8)
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 06:44:04 PM »

No person has ever moved from mayor to president.

Most modern gov's with no foreign policy experience have problems with foreign policy when they get into office.  Hi Reagan (contra).  Hi Clinton (africa).  Hi Dubya (mid east).

and no senator since JFK has gotten elected.

Rudy is a good war cheerleader.  Stubborn.  I'd be fine with him leading a war.  But leading diplomacy?  no.  The man has no velvet glove to go with the iron fist.  It's been 5 years of war.  Time to heal soon, ya know?  Lots of wounds domestically and abroad.  We need a moderate, from either party, to fix it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 06:53:11 PM »

No person has ever moved from mayor to president.

Most modern gov's with no foreign policy experience have problems with foreign policy when they get into office.  Hi Reagan (contra).  Hi Clinton (africa).  Hi Dubya (mid east).

and no senator since JFK has gotten elected.

Rudy is a good war cheerleader.  Stubborn.  I'd be fine with him leading a war.  But leading diplomacy?  no.  The man has no velvet glove to go with the iron fist.  It's been 5 years of war.  Time to heal soon, ya know?  Lots of wounds domestically and abroad.  We need a moderate, from either party, to fix it.

It doesn't matter.  Being the successful mayor of NYC is the equivalent of being governor of a state.  NYC is the largest city in the U.S., with over 8 million people.  That's more than twice as much as the second largest city (LA) and more than 38 other states.

I am not a Rudy fan for president, but he did a remarkable job as mayor, particularly with crime and with being a strong leader during 911.  People remember this.  Plus he is moderate.  I am not looking forward to President Rudy, but he is probably the odds on favorite at this point.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 06:59:22 PM »
It doesn't matter.  Being the successful mayor of NYC is the equivalent of being governor of a state.  NYC is the largest city in the U.S., with over 8 million people.  That's more than twice as much as the second largest city (LA) and more than 38 other states.

I am not a Rudy fan for president, but he did a remarkable job as mayor, particularly with crime and with being a strong leader during 911.  People remember this.  Plus he is moderate.  I am not looking forward to President Rudy, but he is probably the odds on favorite at this point.     

I agree he did a good job as mayor, definitely.  And it's a big city.

However, as mayor, you don't have to worry about foreign relations too much. 

And more than that... As far as war goes, Rudy is Bush II.  He said today it's time to attack Iran (Tim Russert just listed the exact quote).

I just think that with Rudy and Hilary in a debate - Rudy is going to look like an evil warmonger.  Hilary, as shrill as she is, will look compassionate next to him.  Rudy is all balls.  I see him being a very poor leader in healing sentiment and foreign relations.  He'd make a GREAT sec of defense lol... but the president has to be a rational person.  Rusy isn't rational.  He uses the fear card nonstop.  His " donate $9.11 to get into a Rudy speech" was a horrible idea.  Just another example of him reminding us about 911.

At the same time - he RUNS - literally - from discussion of 911 first responders or Osama capture questions. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 07:00:43 PM »
More succinctly - Rudy is a divider.  The nation has had 7 years of a divider. 

The first thing that smells of a uniter will get elected.  Rudy calling for bombing Iran, and another decade of war in Iraq, only rings true wit 25% of america.  That's not uniting.