Author Topic: Hot flashes  (Read 6086 times)

tee

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Hot flashes
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:12:40 PM »
Hello ladies. My wife recently finished her first cycle of Anavar for 8 weeks. She went from 5mg ED to 10mg ED. Now that her cycle is over, she says she has been getting "Hot flashes" every now and then. She is 43 years old. Could the Anavar cycle have caused this condition? Will it go away? Any input would be of great help. Thank you.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: Hot flashes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:39:23 AM »
hot flushes you mean?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 05:04:38 AM »
I think it is "hot flashes" lol...I've never heard of that though, but I am no expert in that department.  You may want to post your question on the steroid board here to get a more informed answer.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=4.0

:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 05:06:20 AM »
Hello ladies. My wife recently finished her first cycle of Anavar for 8 weeks. She went from 5mg ED to 10mg ED. Now that her cycle is over, she says she has been getting "Hot flashes" every now and then. She is 43 years old. Could the Anavar cycle have caused this condition? Will it go away? Any input would be of great help. Thank you.

Is that not a sign of menopause?  43 is a not an unheard of age for this to start, the average age is early 50's, but anytime between 30-60 it can happen.  The AAS could have thrown her hormones off enough to make this feel way.  How long has the cycle been over?  It just may be a recovery period she is in right now and will probally pass if she has just stopped.  Did she use tamoxifen during the cycle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menopause

tee

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 07:58:49 AM »
Is that not a sign of menopause?  43 is a not an unheard of age for this to start, the average age is early 50's, but anytime between 30-60 it can happen.  The AAS could have thrown her hormones off enough to make this feel way.  How long has the cycle been over?  It just may be a recovery period she is in right now and will probally pass if she has just stopped.  Did she use tamoxifen during the cycle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menopause

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, we considered it being menopause, and thought that could be a strong possibility. I thought it was weird that it began about two weeks after her cycle ended though. No tamoxifen was taken at all, and her cycle ended about 6 weeks ago. I was wondering if the anavar could have brought on early menopause from messing with her hormone levels.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 08:10:49 AM »
hahahahhaa, why on earth is she using steroids at age 43?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 08:29:37 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. Yes, we considered it being menopause, and thought that could be a strong possibility. I thought it was weird that it began about two weeks after her cycle ended though. No tamoxifen was taken at all, and her cycle ended about 6 weeks ago. I was wondering if the anavar could have brought on early menopause from messing with her hormone levels.
Is/was she also on any form of fat burner?
:D Weee

tee

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 09:35:10 AM »

Umm, to look better and feel better. ...duh!  ::)

tee

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 09:36:24 AM »
Is/was she also on any form of fat burner?

No fat burners, just Anavar.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 10:32:21 AM »
No fat burners, just Anavar.
Well, could be that the anavar has chemically pushed her into an early menapause. 

tee

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »
Well, could be that the anavar has chemically pushed her into an early menapause. 

Thats what I think may have happened too.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 10:48:30 AM »
Thats what I think may have happened too.
I know they have some herbal stuff that can help with hot flashes due to menopause.  Do you want me to find out what it is?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 11:06:36 AM »

tee

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 11:08:40 AM »
Thanks Laura, I'll check it out :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »
Thanks Laura, I'll check it out :)
You're welcome tee!   :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 11:33:02 AM »
If it's something that was a result of the anavar, I would hope that it's only temporary, and her body would return to homeostasis after an extended period of time off.

tee

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 11:40:33 AM »
If it's something that was a result of the anavar, I would hope that it's only temporary, and her body would return to homeostasis after an extended period of time off.

I guess it will be either one of the two possibilities. She is going through an early menopause either because of nature or due to the cycle, or she is experiencing the hot flashes due to her cycle and they will go away in time. Thank you all for the help.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »
Umm, to look better and feel better. ...duh!
::)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »

I would bet this is the case.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 03:06:29 PM »
I don't think the anavar would have pushed her into menopause prematurely...not in the sense of full blown. True, it could easily, especially at her age bring on similar symptoms after she stopped using it, but that would regulate itself after a short while off IMO. But then you have to consider she's already been off for 6wks, this should have been enough time for everything to "clear up." For that reason, she may very well simply be at the stage where menopause is just where she's at in life.

My advice, give it another wk or 2 and see how she feels. If the hot flashes persist, maybe it's time to go to the doc and get things checked out.

Tranquility

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 06:06:16 PM »

I use steroids and I am 44, I guess you didn't KNOW that steroids prevent osteoporosis in women and actually help with hormone balance as women age. They eliminate hot flashes as well.