Author Topic: Oksana Grishina  (Read 37247 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Oksana Grishina
« on: September 27, 2007, 04:02:11 AM »
Oksana is going to rock the Olympia stage this weekend. Anyone wishing to get in touch with her can do so now via her web site at: www.oksanagrishina.com

Fans not able to attend the show be sure to watch the fitness routines on www.bodybuilding.com Friday night!

Elevate Your Image.™

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
Re: Oksana Grishina
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »
Oksana is going to rock the Olympia stage this weekend. Anyone wishing to get in touch with her can do so now via her web site at: www.oksanagrishina.com

Fans not able to attend the show be sure to watch the fitness routines on www.bodybuilding.com Friday night!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

genex

• Getbig III
  • check out genex magazine on FTVideo.com!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 12:01:11 AM »
Oksana was incredible - I was sitting in various places and heard lots of people who were blown away by her routine and physique - she made an awesome debut - congrats Oksana - some pix from the show are up on our Olympia thread too:
http://www.ftppv.com/ftvideo/showthread.php?t=2517&page=5

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 12:14:02 AM »
I spoke with a few judges and they had not seen her routine before - they were all blown away and had her winning both routine rounds. I have not seen the final results but they told me she was in the mix.

Look for her to get an invite to the Arnold next year.

Elevate Your Image.™

The General

• Getbig III
  • The Absolute leader
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 01:59:18 AM »
Indeet she looked great but her onstage hair style did not fit her much

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 02:02:34 AM »
Oksana placed 7th and won the 2 minute routine tonight.
Elevate Your Image.™

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 01:11:01 PM »
Oksana placed 7th and won the 2 minute routine tonight.

BEST routine

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »
Very interesting, Oksana's routine was slower and much more artistic that we have been used to seeing (Erin made some comments as she was watching, on our site).  If she was this successful this could open the door to a lot of different things - more props, dance moves, etc.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »
Very interesting, Oksana's routine was slower and much more artistic that we have been used to seeing (Erin made some comments as she was watching, on our site).  If she was this successful this could open the door to a lot of different things - more props, dance moves, etc.
Oksana brings something different and it is needed. She is poetry in motion and just because her routine doesn't have the "high energy" doesn't mean it doesn't belong. There were way too many girls who stopped and danced with their hip-hop dance moves this year.
Elevate Your Image.™

FitMandy

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 04:17:40 PM »
Her routine might be "different" but I don't feel that this kind of difference is necessarily a good trend to start.  Part of the FIT in FITness is performing difficult moves when you can't breathe.  Not to take anything away from Oksana, I know she works very hard and her routine is very expressive.  I just hope that the high energy routines prevail in the future, being that the energy is an important part of the judging criteria.

FigureRX

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »
It certainly "belongs," and I like her routines for their entertainment value, and their beauty, I just am not sure if it should score a "7" and win the two minute routine round with so many deserving athletes out there performing routines with all of the components.  When I received the score sheet I was very surprised.  Now if you could combine the artistic components with some high energy segments, plus a power move or two that can move the stage and make the judges bounce a little bit off their seats, then you'd have something that should probably win.

In the back of my mind, I have a feeling that this might be part of the IFBB's objective to have international competitors place higher.  Maybe they judged the first three rounds and then went "whoops," and gave Oksana a little bit of a bump (she deserved a high score, but these things are always subtle) to move her up in the overall standings.  It can't help that the three athletes who qualified at the world championships finished in the final three places here at the Olympia.

Lift, I know you have a personal connection on this one due to your past promotion of Oksana.  Are there any other athletes who wish to weigh in?  I'd love to hear the opinions.

Oksana brings something different and it is needed. She is poetry in motion and just because her routine doesn't have the "high energy" doesn't mean it doesn't belong. There were way too many girls who stopped and danced with their hip-hop dance moves this year.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »
Are there any other athletes who wish to weight in?  I'd love to hear the opinions.

Never request an opinion while I am lurking, I need no encouragement at the best of times ;)

I think Oksana's routine is excellent and a welcome change. Not to take anything from any of the other girls, as well I like all their routines as well, but Oksana displays true classical training and graceful artistry - something far harder to achieve than cardiovascular endurance in my opinion. One can gain the cardio endurance in time, as yes Oksana's routine is speed up somewhat would be even more impressive, but the grace and definitive classical training she displays is something that cannot generally be gained at a later age imo.....so to me she does have an edge. Plus, there is room for many different styles of fitness routines anyway, and the greater variation can only lead to increased entertainment value...

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 05:12:28 PM »
To be honest...I liked her routine...just not as an IFBB Fitness one.

Not to be too blunt, but she should concentrate on something like getting into So You Think You Can Dance...rather than the IFBB.  She would be much more successful and rewarded for what she can do well. 

Her routines just doesn't fit in with the what has been established.  I've heard that people are saying that she makes it look effortless....yeah I'll agree with that, but making a less than difficult routine look effortless is not the same as making a gymnastic/aerobic/strength routine look effortless. 

Another thing that doesn't seem to hurt her is evoking emotion from the "boys".  Think about it, look at her outfit, the theme of the routine is that she is obviously being broken up with or left....what guy wouldn't feel something for her or her routine at that point. 

Playing heartstrings is not the same as completing a (From IFBB Rules)4. The routine should include elements of strength, flexibility, dance, gymnastics, aerobic movements and cardiovascular endurance.

Also, looking at her outfit not sure it meets the IFBB rules the costume must cover a minimum of one-half of the buttocks area.

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 05:15:11 PM »
Cute picture...but who's the hot blonde next to her?  :o   ;)

Congrat's to Oksana on her 7th place finish!  I know both she and Boris are very excited!

FigureRX

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 05:18:55 PM »
Rick your're the best, I hope you guys are enjoying the break that comes when fitness finishes early.  Looking forward to meeting you in Palm Beach.

CQ - I did not know that you were a fitness competitor.  Care to identify yourself?  Much respect.

Cute picture...but who's the hot blonde next to her?  :o   ;)

Congrat's to Oksana on her 7th place finish!  I know both she and Boris are very excited!

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 05:22:11 PM »
No doubt enjoying the break, Julie is napping right now! 
The Fitness athletes had a really late nite yesterday. 
They didn't compete until around 10pm...I know Julie was over warming up at 5:15...so she really had a long day.
Looking forward to tonites show. 
See you in West Palm! 

Rick

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 05:25:17 PM »
CQ - I did not know that you were a fitness competitor.  Care to identify yourself?  Much respect.

I am yes, but totally unknown to North American people ;D

I compete within the Central American & Caribbean IFBB region, where I am from and reside......

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 05:27:33 PM »
Not totally "unknown" just unidentified.  UFCC - Unidentified Fitness Competitor and Commentator
 ;D
I am yes, but totally unknown to North American people ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »
Not totally "unknown" just unidentified.  UFCC - Unidentified Fitness Competitor and Commentator
 ;D

Some from the board know me actually, I make periodic appearences in the USA and barge up and introduce myself to some at expos etc ;D

I am not quite as obnoxious in person as online, as my english is far better when writing as I have time to formulate, so my ranting ability is decreased when speaking >:(

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 05:40:48 PM »
Funny you mention gymnastics.  I could be wrong, but I think Oksana does have quite an extensive background in gymnastics.  From what I know, she is actually competing with an injury in her back.  I'm curious to see when that heals, I'm sure she'll show us what she's got to add to her routine gymnastics wise! 

I do agree it's different and I've argued something similar in the past, but hey that's what makes this sport interesting....everyone's got their own opinions!

To be honest...I liked her routine...just not as an IFBB Fitness one.......

Her routines just doesn't fit in with the what has been established.  I've heard that people are saying that she makes it look effortless....yeah I'll agree with that, but making a less than difficult routine look effortless is not the same as making a gymnastic/aerobic/strength routine look effortless. 

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 11:54:32 PM »
To be honest...I liked her routine...just not as an IFBB Fitness one.

Not to be too blunt, but she should concentrate on something like getting into So You Think You Can Dance...rather than the IFBB.  She would be much more successful and rewarded for what she can do well. 

Another thing that doesn't seem to hurt her is evoking emotion from the "boys".  Think about it, look at her outfit, the theme of the routine is that she is obviously being broken up with or left....what guy wouldn't feel something for her or her routine at that point. 

Playing heartstrings is not the same as completing a (From IFBB Rules)4. The routine should include elements of strength, flexibility, dance, gymnastics, aerobic movements and cardiovascular endurance.

Also, looking at her outfit not sure it meets the IFBB rules the costume must cover a minimum of one-half of the buttocks area.

Virtual guru????
I laugh. I think, that you secret admirer Oksana. :P

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 12:15:03 AM »
Oksana made a personal connection with me through her routine definitely. She brings something new and fresh. Everyone said fitness is dying but what is the talk of the ifbb lately? Fitness. I love the routines of many of the competitors. If anyone thinks her routine is easier than a higher energy one, I challenge them to try it. I'm fairly certain she could do one of her own given her background.
Elevate Your Image.™

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 12:29:31 AM »
Oksana made a personal connection with me through her routine definitely. She brings something new and fresh. Everyone said fitness is dying but what is the talk of the ifbb lately? Fitness. I love the routines of many of the competitors. If anyone thinks her routine is easier than a higher energy one, I challenge them to try it. I'm fairly certain she could do one of her own given her background.

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
i heard so much about Oksanas routine and when i watched the webcast  with somefriends, i was not really blown away. too slow, too artistic, not enough power movements, weak phisique. she definately brings something different to the stage, but that is not fitness.
fitness is combination of fit phisique and display on stage. maybe not hip hop, but definately not balet movements and acting on stage. it's nice to see a change but that was not fitness.
i think that there are many girls that are better. she is not in the same league as jen hendershott, adela, tracey, kim and the girl from team universe erin, who rocked the house with her routine.