Author Topic: Muscle and Fitness 99 olympia coverage  (Read 3088 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Muscle and Fitness 99 olympia coverage
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »
does anyone have this mag?

I am looking for a quote from Ronnie Coleman in the olympia coverage about his condition compared to 98.

I had the mag up until a few years ago.

if someone has it let me know.

thanks.

I want to shut ND the fuck up once and for all 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Muscle and Fitness 99 olympia coverage
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »
does anyone have this mag?

I am looking for a quote from Ronnie Coleman in the olympia coverage about his condition compared to 98.

I had the mag up until a few years ago.

if someone has it let me know.

thanks.

I want to shut ND the fuck up once and for all 8)

You can only try kid  ;) and it doesn't matter if he did say it back then , he said two weeks ago on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly his best Olympia appearance was 1998 and why? because his conditioning was SPOT ON this echo Peter McGough sentiment on both contests in question

Quote Peter McGough Flex Magazine Jan 2001

RONNIE COLEMAN : ( 264lbs As big as a house , but holding water. In '98 , he was shredded and bone dry at 250 pounds. Last year ( 1999 ) he was 257 pounds but NOT as sharp as '98. This year ( 2000 ) at 264 pounds , he's not as sharp as 99 , which would seem to say that Ronnie is better at a lighter weight .

Its common knowledge the heavier Ronnie got the more his conditioning suffered hence why his two best condition-wise showings he was UNDER 250 pounds 1998 he was 249 pounds and in 2001 he was as low as 244 pounds and as high as 247 pounds ! you're the only one who doesn't get this because you're stupid .  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »
Its common knowledge the heavier Ronnie got the more his conditioning suffered hence why his two best condition-wise showings he was UNDER 250 pounds 1998 he was 249 pounds and in 2001 he was as low as 244 pounds and as high as 247 pounds ! you're the only one who doesn't get this because you're stupid

yes, it suffered so much in 99...

::)

ND, when 'assessing' physiques, do you even open your eyes?

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »
and it doesn't matter if he did say it back then ,

oh yes it does.

it matters even more.

he was much more likely to be correct only a year out from 99 than he would be 10 years later looking that far back.

and he WAS correct, as we can see in ALL the comparisons between the two contests..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 06:59:59 PM »
oh yes it does.

it matters even more.

he was much more likely to be correct only a year out from 99 than he would be 10 years later looking that far back.

and he WAS correct, as we can see in ALL the comparisons between the two contests..

lmfao desperate attempt to salvage a ignorant opinion ! yes his first win wouldn't stick in his mind lol oh and I love the accurate comparisons from 98-99 lol those sure do silence the eyewitnesses you know Ronnie & Peter who were both there LIVE and in PERSON lol again why judge contests in person? lets do it the Hulkster way at home on the pc lol loser

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
you don't seem to understand that if visual evidence easily proves someone's opinion is incorrect, NO MATTER WHO GIVES IT, it is just that: incorrect.

Flower Boy Ran Away

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 07:15:24 PM »
Hulkster, Ronnie of 98 was way drier than his 99 version. But I too like his 99 version cause even though he wasn't as dry as the previous year, he was heavier and a lot bigger. Thats also when his upper legs started ballooning up.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »
Hulkster, Ronnie of 98 was way drier than his 99 version. But I too like his 99 version cause even though he wasn't as dry as the previous year, he was heavier and a lot bigger. Thats also when his upper legs started ballooning up.

Great post ! like I said Ronnie was drier and more lean in 1998 he was fuller in 99 and looked better for it despite not being as dry , he's going to argue with Ronnie Coleman for Christ's sake lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »

Your momentary glimpses into a 6 hour event does NOT trump people who are there live and in person , only a retard would claim the contrary . if Ronnie Coleman and Peter McGough say he's better conditioned in 1998 he is period , no amount of crying on your part will change this.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »
Your momentary glimpses into a 6 hour event does NOT trump people who are there live and in person , only a retard would claim the contrary . if Ronnie Coleman and Peter McGough say he's better conditioned in 1998 he is period , no amount of crying on your part will change this.

In 1999, Peter McGough and Ronnie may have admitted that he was drier in the previous year (98), but on the flip side, Dorian Yates said that 'Ronnie looks like a cartoon character'. I'm sure Ronnie could live with that 8)

Ronnie was only 257, but he filled out so much that he had more muscle volume and therefore, looked bigger than the much heavier Nasser.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 09:31:32 PM »
lmfao desperate attempt to salvage a ignorant opinion ! yes his first win wouldn't stick in his mind lol oh and I love the accurate comparisons from 98-99 lol those sure do silence the eyewitnesses you know Ronnie & Peter who were both there LIVE and in PERSON lol again why judge contests in person? lets do it the Hulkster way at home on the pc lol loser

your just bitter because everyone and their uncle can see that dorian lost the truce thread really really badly.. :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 01:37:37 AM »
your just bitter because everyone and their uncle can see that dorian lost the truce thread really really badly.. :P

You're just bitter because you lost the truce thread because you're fucking stupid .  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 01:42:16 AM »
In 1999, Peter McGough and Ronnie may have admitted that he was drier in the previous year (98), but on the flip side, Dorian Yates said that 'Ronnie looks like a cartoon character'. I'm sure Ronnie could live with that 8)

Ronnie was only 257, but he filled out so much that he had more muscle volume and therefore, looked bigger than the much heavier Nasser.

Density kills volume they judges ask for density specifically , this kid thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong , do you know he actually had the balls to say he's just as qualified to judge a contest as professional judges AT HOME WITH PICTURES lol

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 04:24:41 AM »
You two knuckleheads are at it again?  ::)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 04:39:50 AM »
You're just bitter because you lost the truce thread because you're fucking stupid .  ;)

LOL this coming from someone who insists that all visual comparisons in the sport are wrong...just because dorian gets his ass kicked by prime time Ronnie..

how fucking convienient.. ::)

"since I can't win based on the merits of dorian's physique, I'll just say the comparisons are all wrong and close my eyes and pretend they don't exist"

Flower Boy Ran Away

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 05:13:33 AM »
Density kills volume they judges ask for density specifically , this kid thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong , do you know he actually had the balls to say he's just as qualified to judge a contest as professional judges AT HOME WITH PICTURES lol

I love Dorian to death, but can't you agree that Ronnie at his peak had a better physique and put an end to the misery, ND? ;D

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 05:37:42 AM »
Hey Narc & Hulkster - Are you guys married??!!! You sound like me and my wife !!!!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »
I love Dorian to death, but can't you agree that Ronnie at his peak had a better physique and put an end to the misery, ND? ;D

no he can't agree because that would take intelligence.

thank God ND is not the typical bodybuilding fan.

the rest of us are so much smarter than he is.

We can all see plain as day that dorian was not up to the standard set by Ronnie at his peak.

dorian was a bricklayer among bodybuilders 8):
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »
no he can't agree because that would take intelligence.

thank God ND is not the typical bodybuilding fan.

the rest of us are so much smarter than he is.

We can all see plain as day that dorian was not up to the standard set by Ronnie at his peak.

dorian was a bricklayer among bodybuilders 8):

You're damn right I'm not the typical bodybduilding fan I know how the game is played and YOU don't  ;) I'm savy and you're NOT you don't even know the criteria for fucks sake , you're the ' typical ' bodybuilding fan who said Dorian should have lost in 1993 LMFAO you're the ' typical ' bodybuilding fan who sai you're just as qualified to judge a contest as professional are AT HOME with pictures , enough said .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »

No he doesn't have a better physique not from the standpoint of balance & proportion , not from the standpoint of conditioning & density or bulk or posing , peak Ronnie doesn't meet the judging criteria as good as Dorian !

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »
Not to get into a fight with anyone but Muscletime has a gallery from the 1993 Mr. O ...and Dorian looked disgusting, totally wiping out everyone there.
L

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »
No he doesn't have a better physique not from the standpoint of balance & proportion , not from the standpoint of conditioning & density or bulk or posing , peak Ronnie doesn't meet the judging criteria as good as Dorian !

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »
Not to get into a fight with anyone but Muscletime has a gallery from the 1993 Mr. O ...and Dorian looked disgusting, totally wiping out everyone there.

yup. some shots from it:

dorian looked good in 93.

of course it helps when your nearest competition is 30 pounds lighter than you are. Not to mention 100x more narrow.

in Ronnie 99, dorian would not have either advantage.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »

Thats all you have fan-boy your silence speaks volumes.  ;)

Dorian has better balance & proportion compared to Ronnie
Dorian has better conditioning than Ronnie
Dorian has better density than Ronnie
Dorian while being NO Labrada is a better poser than Ronnie

this you can't counter NO matter how many 99 screencaps you post.  ;)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 01:20:38 PM »
I never saw so many pics from the shows they have galleries for....

PS Dorians Calves are mind blowing!!
L