Author Topic: The Following Should Retire  (Read 1773 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
The Following Should Retire
« on: September 29, 2007, 03:01:46 AM »
Cutler: Nobody likes him or his physique

Ruhl: Looks like some mutant who's slowly becoming defective.

Not Ronnie because it's interesting to see his once great physique slowly deterorate into a shell of its former self.  It's like witnessing the Empire State Building crumble away or something.

Back when Dorian was champion I bet people didn't talk about how bad his physique would be the following year.

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: The Following Should Retire
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 03:05:30 AM »
All the guys over 260lbs seem to deteriorate faster and look worse when they keep hammering away at their physiques with drugs year after year.

Look at guys like Dexter, Darrem Charles, and Vince Taylor - they have better longevity because bodybuilding seems to suit their frames a lot more. That's what the judges need to be rewarding. But of course they won't. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 03:08:44 AM »
These guys must all have the same dealer for their gear.  He must have put something in there to fuck up all their physiques. ;D

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 03:25:21 AM »
The fact that Ronnie is being compared to Palumbo says it all....this is one of the worst deteriorations I’ve ever seen....oh well, you dance with the devil for 20+ years and you’re you got to be man enough to suffer the consequences

Ruhl too - he looks terrible

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 04:03:32 AM »

Not Ronnie because it's interesting to see his once great physique slowly deterorate into a shell of its former self.  It's like witnessing the Empire State Building crumble away or something.

Back when Dorian was champion I bet people didn't talk about how bad his physique would be the following year.

Nobody likes Cutler?  Where are you getting this information?

Right now, he's the most recognizable bodybuilder on the planet.

I also happen to like his physique, so speak for yourself please.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 04:49:17 AM »
Name 1 thing to like about his physique?

His watery like conditioning?

His lack of lines throughout his whole physique?

Dull personality?

Melted midsection?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 04:54:06 AM »
All the guys over 260lbs seem to deteriorate faster and look worse when they keep hammering away at their physiques with drugs year after year.

Look at guys like Dexter, Darrem Charles, and Vince Taylor - they have better longevity because bodybuilding seems to suit their frames a lot more. That's what the judges need to be rewarding. But of course they won't. 

This is soo true. Lets face it folks, the human body is not made to support/hold 260+++ lbs on anyone's frame

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 04:59:24 AM »
This is soo true. Lets face it folks, the human body is not made to support/hold 260+++ lbs on anyone's frame

DENNIS WOLF'S WAS... ;D
I hate the State.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 05:07:26 AM »

Yes i hope bodybuilding goes back to "smaller" physiques. Weighing over 250 at 5'8-5'10 is ridiculous. I'm 5'9 and i have been (a waterfilled) 225lbs once, I think that was pushing it weight wise. It doesn't matter if it's water, fat or muscles, you are still overweight and have to carry all that weight.
If i would be a Pro BB i would want to weigh no more than 210 contest shape. Remember Arnold weighed 'only' 235 at 6'2.
tank u jesus

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 05:13:40 AM »
Yes i hope bodybuilding goes back to "smaller" physiques. Weighing over 250 at 5'8-5'10 is ridiculous. I'm 5'9 and i have been (a waterfilled) 225lbs once, I think that was pushing it weight wise. It doesn't matter if it's water, fat or muscles, you are still overweight and have to carry all that weight.
If i would be a Pro BB i would want to weigh no more than 210 contest shape. Remember Arnold weighed 'only' 235 at 6'2.

'People go to the zoos to see lions and tigers, not cats and dogs' - no one here gives a shit about lightweights and bantamweights dude. Freaky sells 8)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 05:29:33 AM »
It's true but then the golden era of bodybuilding is considered the Ironage with all those "small" BBs
And when all these 'freaks' start facing the consequences: muscle atrophy, small limbs, big guts and deterorating health maybe even death will it still 'sell' ?
tank u jesus

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 05:30:41 AM »
'People go to the zoos to see lions and tigers, not cats and dogs' - no one here gives a shit about lightweights and bantamweights dude. Freaky sells 8)

People go to zoos to see animals that they wouldn't normally see in their own country - size ain't got nowt to do with it.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 05:33:02 AM »
The fact that Ronnie is being compared to Palumbo says it all....this is one of the worst deteriorations I’ve ever seen....oh well, you dance with the devil for 20+ years and you’re you got to be man enough to suffer the consequences

Ruhl too - he looks terrible
bump for realism

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 05:36:30 AM »
It's true but then the golden era of bodybuilding is considered the Ironage with all those "small" BBs
And when all these 'freaks' start facing the consequences: muscle atrophy, small limbs, big guts and deterorating health maybe even death will it still 'sell' ?

Golden era to who? Every generation has it's own set of favorites in any category dude. I personally think that Dorian Yates' reign was the golden era cause it had some of the highest caliber of physiques ever, given how much muscular and big the competitors were (Kevin, Ronnie, Shawn, Flex, Nasser, Mike Francois, JP Fux, Aaron Baker, Paul Dillett etc). After 2000, the quality of physiques has gone down and just not as good as before - the average weight of the competitor went up by 10 - 15 lbs, but the overall look is less impressive than the physiques from the mid 90s.

Same goes for Aesthetics. All the Ironagers who keep preaching aesthetics and singing the praises of small waists and nice lines should realize that for a large part of the hardcore fan crowd, aesthetic equates to freaky size and muscularity, as long as it doesn't have too negative an impact on the overall appearance.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 05:36:58 AM »

Yeah....Dorian stretched his run to the limit.  His last Olympia in 97, EVERYONE who was there thought Nasser won it, and that Dorian's triceps and HUGE gut were too much to let him win again.

I guess when you're the Mr O, it's a matter of how long you can last before everyone thinks you should lose...in Jay's case, that's only been one year  :-\
just not good enough

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 05:37:41 AM »
People go to zoos to see animals that they wouldn't normally see in their own country - size ain't got nowt to do with it.

It's called being metaphorical, but never mind, lol. Carry on

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 07:08:44 AM »
Golden era to who? Every generation has it's own set of favorites in any category dude. I personally think that Dorian Yates' reign was the golden era cause it had some of the highest caliber of physiques ever, given how much muscular and big the competitors were (Kevin, Ronnie, Shawn, Flex, Nasser, Mike Francois, JP Fux, Aaron Baker, Paul Dillett etc). After 2000, the quality of physiques has gone down and just not as good as before - the average weight of the competitor went up by 10 - 15 lbs, but the overall look is less impressive than the physiques from the mid 90s.

Same goes for Aesthetics. All the Ironagers who keep preaching aesthetics and singing the praises of small waists and nice lines should realize that for a large part of the hardcore fan crowd, aesthetic equates to freaky size and muscularity, as long as it doesn't have too negative an impact on the overall appearance.

Yeah i'm with you, the 90's were great! Kevin Levrone, Flex Wheeler etc.. But still i think i rather have the look of the 70s.

Problem with freaky size is that it almost always has a negative impact though.
tank u jesus