Author Topic: OnlyMe Photos - he actually came to the Olympia!  (Read 75683 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: OnlyMe Photos - he actually came to the Olympia!
« Reply #775 on: October 17, 2007, 01:41:48 PM »
You know I read your shit sometimes and I don't get it.  Have you seen Keith.  I think you said you were fat one time and now I guess you are awesome or something, so you are an expert.  Good for you.  Were you born fat.  Or, did you get fat cause you couldn't walk or because your leg swelled up so big you couldn't bend it.  Or have a high temperature 4 times a month and have your skin peel off your leg cause it was so red.  Did your leg leak more than a gallon of water a day through the skin.  Did your foot swell up so big you couldn't put on a shoe. 

I don't think I am an expert no, but being ex-obese is an experience that taught me much plus I do work in this field. Besides, all I ever said in this thread is to lose weight one must eat less. Since you asked, yes I always had to battle my weight, still do and my overeating which caused my obesity, like many, was brought on by a 'life changing trauma', we all have our own crosses to bear. I am not trying to say losing weight is easy, I of all people know it is not, but just not sure why [not reffering to you noworries] ppl would jump down my throat in this thread for saying losing weight requires dieting.....a fact that is backed up by countless dietitians, research, doctors etc....not like I am posting some controversial statement :-\

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #776 on: October 17, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »
CQ. You are posting controversial shit. Bodybuilders think it is so easy to manage body composition. They do it all the time and build up then diet down. It isn't rocket science as they say. However, for obese individuals it is not so easy to reverse. Many have gone on starvation diets and lost pounds but then regained it later. The cycle of dieting can lead to the body thinking it is starving and then it stores more food. This has been documented by recent studies. Fat people have been telling us that for decades but everyone defaults to the notion that obesity is easy to reverse and simply eat less and get more active.

I can tell you that body composition is a complex phenomenon that is still not fully understood. There is a genetic role that predisposes some people to easily store fat. Those genes evolved in times of scarcity and they would have been good genes to pass on. Today in modern, plentiful cultures, those storage genes are hardly a blessing and those who possess them can get quite fat. There are other causes, too, so it is not just genes.

If you take the population of already obese individuals and try to get rid of the excess fat it is exceedingly difficult. Most of the supersized people have joint problems and cannot do many exercises. When your knees are sore and your back is sore then weight training is hardly suitable. When fat people present at gyms they are usually given ridiculous aerobic exercises that don't help much and soon make attending both boring and a chore. Who can sustain those regimens? It is a fact that most people who sign up at a gym give it away within 2 months. It is not only the fat people who do this.

The fact that bodybuilders can sustain their physiques does not guarantee that it is easy for everyone to do this. Many do not have the values or motivation that many gym nuts have. As you get older you will find your body stores fat even if your activity level is about the same.

The bottom line here is that Keith is aware of the task at hand. His medical condition is not one any of us would want to have. So we should be silent when judging those with a handicap like this. He knows what he has to do because at his weight his mobility and fitness will not be what he would like. I wish him and anyone trying to reverse obesity all the encouragement we can give them. Maybe he might get motivated by the nasty flotsam here. I doubt it.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #777 on: October 17, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »
CQ. You are posting controversial shit. Bodybuilders think it is so easy to manage body composition. They do it all the time and build up then diet down. It isn't rocket science as they say. However, for obese individuals it is not so easy to reverse. Many have gone on starvation diets and lost pounds but then regained it later. The cycle of dieting can lead to the body thinking it is starving and then it stores more food. This has been documented by recent studies. Fat people have been telling us that for decades but everyone defaults to the notion that obesity is easy to reverse and simply eat less and get more active.

I can tell you that body composition is a complex phenomenon that is still not fully understood. There is a genetic role that predisposes some people to easily store fat. Those genes evolved in times of scarcity and they would have been good genes to pass on. Today in modern, plentiful cultures, those storage genes are hardly a blessing and those who possess them can get quite fat. There are other causes, too, so it is not just genes.

If you take the population of already obese individuals and try to get rid of the excess fat it is exceedingly difficult. Most of the supersized people have joint problems and cannot do many exercises. When your knees are sore and your back is sore then weight training is hardly suitable. When fat people present at gyms they are usually given ridiculous aerobic exercises that don't help much and soon make attending both boring and a chore. Who can sustain those regimens? It is a fact that most people who sign up at a gym give it away within 2 months. It is not only the fat people who do this.

The fact that bodybuilders can sustain their physiques does not guarantee that it is easy for everyone to do this. Many do not have the values or motivation that many gym nuts have. As you get older you will find your body stores fat even if your activity level is about the same.

The bottom line here is that Keith is aware of the task at hand. His medical condition is not one any of us would want to have. So we should be silent when judging those with a handicap like this. He knows what he has to do because at his weight his mobility and fitness will not be what he would like. I wish him and anyone trying to reverse obesity all the encouragement we can give them. Maybe he might get motivated by the nasty flotsam here. I doubt it.

Vince B do you suck cock?

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #778 on: October 17, 2007, 08:25:53 PM »

I hope cq just ignores this.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #779 on: October 17, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »
Paint onlyme flat white and he'll become moby dick.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #780 on: October 17, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
The majority of bodybuilders are represented by the flotsam on Getbig. What a bunch of bigotted dopes most of you guys are. No wonder the general public think bodybuilder are all brawn. Getbiggers sure live up to that stereotype.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #781 on: October 17, 2007, 09:23:14 PM »
The majority of bodybuilders are represented by the flotsam on Getbig. .

Not even close.  The majority is probably more like these douchebags: the Brothers of Iron.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3969733

They use the word "bro" or "Brah" at least 8 times a day.  The guido chain comes out on the weekends and the TapOut shirt is a must at least once a week.  Most of the people on GetBig are cynical and find the sleaze and shame aspects of this "sport" to be funny.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #782 on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:43 AM »
   Who can sustain those regimens?

Umm, people who don't want to die?
E

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #783 on: October 18, 2007, 07:00:23 AM »
The majority of bodybuilders are represented by the flotsam on Getbig. What a bunch of bigotted dopes most of you guys are. No wonder the general public think bodybuilder are all brawn. Getbiggers sure live up to that stereotype.

you're a sausage smuggler, aren't you?
Deep Tissue Massage

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #784 on: October 18, 2007, 07:55:43 AM »
Please guide us ohh great and honorable iron ager. What should we do next?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #785 on: October 18, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »
you're a sausage smuggler, aren't you?

He fled moved to Australia from Canada.

As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #786 on: October 18, 2007, 08:06:49 AM »
One of the main problems is probably that his loved ones will give in to his requests for treats.

He needs his family to be real tough and keep him on a tight leash, keep him disciplined. Question is: Will they be able to stand up to onlyme when he gets the cravings?

Or will they "be nice", and order an XXL pizza?

Hopefully, he can avoid this stuff.

One of the biggest obstacles for obese persons is to change social patterns.

As empty as paradise

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #787 on: October 18, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »
Trust me.. the ammount of shit i dish out on this site comes back ten fold in real life =

how so? ???

Master Blaster

« Reply #788 on: October 18, 2007, 12:09:03 PM »
sticky it, already!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #789 on: October 18, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »
One of the main problems is probably that his loved ones will give in to his requests for treats.

He needs his family to be real tough and keep him on a tight leash, keep him disciplined. Question is: Will they be able to stand up to onlyme when he gets the cravings?

Or will they "be nice", and order an XXL pizza?

Hopefully, he can avoid this stuff.

One of the biggest obstacles for obese persons is to change social patterns.

i've seen instances where skin is so stretched it breaks up

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #790 on: October 18, 2007, 12:18:44 PM »
Good "Luck" in your pursuit of loosing weight 8) 8)

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #791 on: October 21, 2007, 01:56:27 PM »
Bump  ;D

power_n_glory

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #792 on: October 21, 2007, 01:59:14 PM »
the skinny kid is obsessed with the fat man they would make a great couple

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #793 on: October 28, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »
Let's see if I have this right:

CQ:  In order to lose weight, you must eat fewer calories and/or exercise more (preferably both).

Basile:  It's not that simple, blah blah blah, I invented hypertrophy, blah blah blah, flotsam, blah blah blah....

Actually, Vince, at base it IS that simple:

Consume more calories than you expend, you will gain weight.  Expend more calories than you consume you will lose weight.

Prove this statement wrong...   I dare you.   ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #794 on: November 01, 2007, 03:48:59 AM »
Keith, Getbiggers are growing increasingly concerned for your wellbeing.

It has been noted that your attacks on Sean are gaining intensity.  This is just another indicator that you are losing site of the real battle, your health.

The anxieties you are feeling  over Sean, can result in you resuming your binge eating.  Overeating does help dull the pain.  High calorie food is not what you need at this dramatic time in your life!

Please Keith, dont fall of the wagon.

Not hating, just concerned.

Peace.

Christopher Belinksky

• Getbig III
  • The Coach loves sticky studs!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #795 on: February 22, 2009, 11:06:35 AM »
It's been over a year, where you at Jaba?
have you got under 600 pounds yet?

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #796 on: February 22, 2009, 11:09:10 AM »
play nice now

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #797 on: February 22, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »
onlyme is a good guy

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #798 on: February 22, 2009, 11:10:12 AM »
Hahahah i was put in time out for over a year for this stupid thread

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #799 on: February 22, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »
Keith, Getbiggers are growing increasingly concerned for your wellbeing.

It has been noted that your attacks on Sean are gaining intensity.  This is just another indicator that you are losing site of the real battle, your health.

The anxieties you are feeling  over Sean, can result in you resuming your binge eating.  Overeating does help dull the pain.  High calorie food is not what you need at this dramatic time in your life!

Please Keith, dont fall of the wagon.

Not hating, just concerned.

Peace.
"losing sight", not site. hope this helps...