Author Topic: K-1 WORLD GP 2007 IN SEOUL FINAL16 RESULT *Spoiler* + POST FIGHT INTERVIEWS  (Read 2051 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Young Hyun Kim (South-Korea) vs Ryushi Yanagisawa (Japan)
winner: Kim by unanimous decision

Badr Hari vs Doug Viney
winner: Hari by KO R2

Semmy Schilt vs Paul Slowinski
winner: Schilt by KO R1

Remy Bonjasky vs Stefan "Blitz" Leko
winner: Bonjaski by KO R1

Glaube Feitosa vs Chalid Arrab
winner: Feitosa by decision

Jerome LeBanner vs Yong Soo Park
winner: LeBanner by KO R1

Yusuke Fujimoto vs Junichi Sawayashiki
winner: Sawayashiki by KO R3

Peter Aerts vs Ray Sefo
winner: Aerts, as Sefo doesn't answer for 2nd round

Hong-Man Choi vs Mighty Mo
winner: Choi by decision

9 fights, 5 ended by KO, three of them in the first round  8)

fights will be posted when available.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: K-1 WORLD GP 2007 IN SEOUL FINAL16 RESULT *Spoiler*
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »
Remy Bonjasky

Q: How does it feel to win?
A: Well I feel good. We've trained real hard for this, my team and me, first because last year was really disappointing. I won the fight but I had to withdraw from the tournament. If I look back on the last 2 months it was tough. My mother passed away and winning this fight was like giving a trophy to her, so I'm really glad.

Q: When did she pass away?
A: My mom passed away the 6th of June, 2 weeks before I had to fight in the arena, so I couldn't fight in the last fight.

Q: You dodged his spinning back-kick
A: I didn't feel it. He's been trying it for years, and it is his best weapon, but it didn't affect me.

Q: Message to the fans
A: To the Korean fans, I love to be here, I'm glad that you came here to see me, and I hope to be back soon.

Q: Which fighter do you think will be the biggest challenge for everyone?
A: The biggest challenge with be Semmy Schilt. He's the champion right, now he's strong, he's good he's got reach and weight. So I think he's going to be the biggest challenge for the other 7 fighters. All the other players are also very strong. I mean, advancing to the finals is proof of that, so other than the Champion I would say that the other fighters are very strong as well.

Stefan "Blitz" Leko

Q: After the fight it looked like you weren't satisfied with the KO decision.
A: It was a perfect kick, but I was totally okay. It was just like the lights went off and on for 2 seconds, then the referee called the fight. For me I was okay to still fight.

Q: Are you going to appeal?
A: I don't know. I'm just a little upset because I wasn't in the last round. K-1 said to me that it was okay, that it was their mistake, and they will try to find some way to take care of it. I had no problem I was okay to fight again.

Q: Do you still have bad feelings against Remy?
A: Yes. The fight was going good. But he had so much luck it was unbelievable. In the first round Remy tried to make an attack, and saw it doesn't work against me, and so he had to back up. I'm really, really upset.

Q: What is the next plan?
A: I must I hope to make some reserve fight, or find some other solution\because I'm not happy with this decision. It was wrong.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: K-1 WORLD GP 2007 IN SEOUL FINAL16 RESULT *Spoiler* + POST FIGHT INTERVIEWS
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 05:39:02 PM »
Jerome Le Banner

Q: What did you think about having your opponent change at the last second?
A: I was a bit annoyed. But these things happen.

Q: What'd you think of your opponent?
A: I'd never heard of him before. I realized he's young, but when I saw his other fights, I realized I couldn't take him lightly. I knew he's going to come with kicks, so I had to be careful.

Q: You said you wanted to choose your opponent in the press conference who do you want to fight?
A: It's a drawing, so I can't really say who I'm going to fight. Everything changes based upon what order the numbers come up. I want the fight in December to be a big Pearl Harbor.

Q: What kind of fight...?
A: December 8th is Pearl Harbor, so I want it to be a day like Pearl Harbor. Banzai.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 05:39:30 PM »

Peter Aerts

Q: You were the overwhelming victor. How do you feel?
A: It was not too much problem. Ray said he was a little bit sick, but the fight was not too much of a problem. I wanted to hurt his legs and that worked out.

Q: You are the only original K-1 fighter to remain.
A: The other fighters are too old to win. But I fight for 2-3 more years, and then stop. It's too bad, but what can you do? Maybe I can fight for 5 more years, but I want to win one more tournament and then stop.

Q: Can you give a message to your Korean fans?
A: Korea thank you very much for your support. I love you and I hope to be back soon. Osu.

Ray Sefo

Q: You seemed different out there. Were you feeling sick, or was it mental?
A: I've been sick for 2 weeks, and had a fever of 38C. I don't know what it is, I talked to the doctor, and talked to my mom and she told me not to fight, ha, ha. I knew that I didn't want to let the fans down, and that I wanted to fight at 100% I want to apologize to the fans. I felt like I was dying after the first round.

Q: We've heard that you were sick for your fight with Semmy Schilt a while back...
A: What I got this time is exactly the same thing as last time, but I recognized it too. Whenever I would walk, or eat, I would sweat like a dog, and when I went to the doctor he told me not to train for a week, so I was in the bed the whole time. But 4 or 5 days before I came to Korea I started training again. If all I did was doing nothing, my temperature was around 36.8C, but as soon as I would walk around it went up to 38C. Yeah it's the same thing. Maybe if I change my training schedule and stay in Vegas to train before the World Grand Prix then things will be different. It always seems to happen toward the end of the year and I don't know why. Your guess is as good as mine.

Q: This is the first Final Elimination outside of Japan, did that have anything to do with it?
A: No it didn't affect my game at all\the fans in Korea are so fantastic and phenomenal it's good to know that K-1 is so big in Korea. No, there's no excuse. It is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it. I was feeling sick, but I thought that I would see what happened. I know that Peter is a great fighter\he's a great warrior. Maybe now I'm going to take this year off, and use the rest of the year to recoup. I've been very busy, so maybe it's time to take a vacation, and be rested for next year.

Q: You said you are going to rest for a year, does that mean you won't fight, and just focus on training?
A: When I say for the rest of the year, that doesn't mean that I'm going to take a year off\I just mean the rest of this year. Yes, I have a lot of other projects that are keeping me busy, like film projects, so maybe so that's occupying my time also, and maybe its a good time for me to have a break from the fight game, and focus on other things. Today is not a negative thing, I'm a positive person, and I've learned this from my career the last 5 years. I've learned this. There are times that you are down, and then things go up, I think some times you just need a break. It's the first time in my fighting career that I've lost 3 fights in a row. I'm a positive person, and it may be a down year in the fight game but it's an up year in business. There's the good and the bad, you just have to focus on the positive.
Also I just want to give a message to the fans, I'm really sorry that this year hasn't been a good one for me, but I promise that this next fight I'll give you 100%. Keep supporting us. I just want you to know that what we fighters do is hard, but without you it isn't possible. And I know it's a little early, but if I don't get the chance to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year because it's close.
Z

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 10:42:37 AM »
I watched it yesterday. Looks like it's going to be a Dutch supremacy again on Dec. 8th.   ;D