Author Topic: WHY ARE Y'ALL COMPLAINING ABOUT THE JUDGING OR PLACEMENTS?  (Read 1623 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
WHY ARE Y'ALL COMPLAINING ABOUT THE JUDGING OR PLACEMENTS?
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
BB isn't a sport...it's as scripted as pro wrasslin (at least wrasslin has openly adopted their "sports entertainment" title).   Pro BB is about seeing chemically-enhanced freaks and coercing the cultish masses with "snake oil" supplements packages "endorsed" by their beloved freaks.   Last night's Olympia was a glorified carnival sideshow....there's no honor or disgrace in pro BB, but there's also no reality in pro BB....it's smoke and mirrors and corporate profits in the health/fitness industry...nothing more.   Last night was staged for entertainment purposes only.  AHAHAAHAH of course Wolfe didn't "win"!!!   Number one, there isn't anything for Wolfe to win.....Jay was gonna be given the Sandow like HHH or John Cena would be given the "WWE Heavyweight Championship" belt at a Survivor Series PPV.   Milos gets it, that's why he opened his own gym, trains schmoes and suckers, developed his own supplements and yells and screams about "the travesty in the judging" LOL!!!   He's promoting himself to line his pockets.....and all the masses are handing him their paychecks....more power to him, he gets it....I respect his ability to generate profits.   Huge BB "competitions" have expo's for a reason....so all the masses of suckers will show up in droves and purchase their supplements...that's it....the actual BB "competition" means nothing.  Jay Cutler winning his 2nd Sandow....come on folks....smoke and mirrors...just enjoy BB for what it is....a freakshow.   Given the momentum from the 2007 O, next year "they" will have recognized Wolfe as the fan favorite (much like they did Gunter a few years back) and you'll see the long awaited: Jay vs Wolfe LOL!!!   What I enjoyed most about last night was the freebie, they webcast the entire event so I got to see it live and for free...no PPV....just gotta pay my monthly internet bill as usual.

So why am I on Getbig?   One, I enjoy the annual "pro" freak shows; two, I enjoy training with weights and talkin with like-minded people.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
Re: WHY ARE Y'ALL COMPLAINING ABOUT THE JUDGING OR PLACEMENTS?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:30:15 AM »
I agree with what you're saying but the thing is it doesn't have to be this way.

Bodybuilding needs an independent judging panel free from all the connections and influences the current panel has.

It also needs an independent sponsor. It's ridiculous that Muscletech can have it's athletes competing in a show it sponsors.

Of course none of this will ever happen but it's that time of year and bitching about it is always fun.

;D

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »
I've noticed since you posted pics your posting style changed.

weird.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 09:34:45 AM »
I've noticed since you posted pics your posting style changed.

weird.

Ok, you got me curious.   How so?   This is just same ole same ole for me.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 09:37:53 AM »
I agree with what you're saying but the thing is it doesn't have to be this way.

Bodybuilding needs an independent judging panel free from all the connections and influences the current panel has.

It also needs an independent sponsor. It's ridiculous that Muscletech can have it's athletes competing in a show it sponsors.

Of course none of this will ever happen but it's that time of year and bitching about it is always fun.

;D

That's kinda like saying the WWE needs to be run and organized by an independent wrasslin organization.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 09:40:25 AM »
Ok, you got me curious.   How so?   This is just same ole same ole for me.
EEven the signature boxing gif and "you son of a bitch" has changed. Damn getbig.! i gotta get outta here.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 09:45:01 AM »
When I made my picks, I didn't consider who would be the best as much as where I thought the judges would place them. Much like MOS, I don't lose sleep over anyone's placing.

My only problem was with the quality of the webcast. I don't how it was for you guys, but I have a pretty killer monitor, and what I was seeing was inferior to that of a Red Tube clip of some guy banging his girlfriend in a hotel room.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 09:51:19 AM »
EEven the signature boxing gif and "you son of a bitch" has changed. Damn getbig.! i gotta get outta here.

I hadn't changed anything in awhile....I used to change shit up all the time.   I hadn't posted much since June of this year due to work projects, but work opened up and I've had more time to post....that's really the only difference - that and I added some pics of myself.  My avatar has changed many times in the past, I just kept the boxing cause I go so many PMs from folks sayin they liked it, but I was bored and decided to change it....people use their own pics for avatars all the time...I'm sure in a month I'll change it somethin else unless work picks up again and I post less again.....all depends on the circumstance or my mood.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 10:12:38 AM »
MOS, thanks for that post. It really is an eye opener and a new perspective on things.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 10:26:34 AM »
MOS, thanks for that post. It really is an eye opener and a new perspective on things.

AHAHHAAH!!!  No problem, what always amazes me is that people fail to see that online boards like Getbig, bb.com, MD are all helping write the script for the O each year.   Wolfe not winning or Martinez not winning and Cutler takin his 2nd Sandow last night is perfect.   If fans were suddenly allowed to judge the BB "comps" then supplement corps wouldn't be able to spin the drama for an entire and make money.   The new "fan judges" would immediately give everyone exactly what they want to see at the first contest of the year (ex: 2008 Ironman or Arnold) and then it's over.   No more internet discussion, no more industry hype, no more reason to show up to the BB shows......everyone's already gotten what they wanted.....its all bullshit.   Its why wrasslin hypes and hypes and hypes a PPV and then at the event gives fans 80% of what they wanted....that way they'll keep comin back hoping for that other 20%.....BB is no different.   It took Jay 5-6 years to win the O; although, if physiques were a real measure he woulda won in 2001.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »
BB isn't a sport...it's as scripted as pro wrasslin (at least wrasslin has openly adopted their "sports entertainment" title).   Pro BB is about seeing chemically-enhanced freaks and coercing the cultish masses with "snake oil" supplements packages "endorsed" by their beloved freaks.   Last night's Olympia was a glorified carnival sideshow....there's no honor or disgrace in pro BB, but there's also no reality in pro BB....it's smoke and mirrors and corporate profits in the health/fitness industry...nothing more.   Last night was staged for entertainment purposes only.  AHAHAAHAH of course Wolfe didn't "win"!!!   Number one, there isn't anything for Wolfe to win.....Jay was gonna be given the Sandow like HHH or John Cena would be given the "WWE Heavyweight Championship" belt at a Survivor Series PPV.   Milos gets it, that's why he opened his own gym, trains schmoes and suckers, developed his own supplements and yells and screams about "the travesty in the judging" LOL!!!   He's promoting himself to line his pockets.....and all the masses are handing him their paychecks....more power to him, he gets it....I respect his ability to generate profits.   Huge BB "competitions" have expo's for a reason....so all the masses of suckers will show up in droves and purchase their supplements...that's it....the actual BB "competition" means nothing.  Jay Cutler winning his 2nd Sandow....come on folks....smoke and mirrors...just enjoy BB for what it is....a freakshow.   Given the momentum from the 2007 O, next year "they" will have recognized Wolfe as the fan favorite (much like they did Gunter a few years back) and you'll see the long awaited: Jay vs Wolfe LOL!!!   What I enjoyed most about last night was the freebie, they webcast the entire event so I got to see it live and for free...no PPV....just gotta pay my monthly internet bill as usual.

So why am I on Getbig?   One, I enjoy the annual "pro" freak shows; two, I enjoy training with weights and talkin with like-minded people.

You are my favorite poster in this forum dude, but I disagree with you here. Another way of looking at it would be that at the end of the day, Bodybuilding is a subjective sport where conditioning onstage is the deciding criteria. Of course, Jay's wins don't really help me much with my argument ;D, but every year, you can easily see how the best man won. Where it was close, like 2001 for example, the judges just tilted the favor onto the competitor who had more momentum. As good as Jay was onstage that time, there were just as many people who agreed (myself included) that Ronnie retained his title rightfully.

There's been heaps of people who have judged past shows ranging from amateur shows to the Mr Olympia itself and a lot of them have walked away from being one on their own choice. If what you're saying is true, at least ONE of them would have blown the whistle. And bear in mind that every one of the judges and other officials have time and again denied there being a fix.

We've got people like Ben Weider trying to get Olympic recognition for bodybuilding and while he can't for obvious reasons talk about the drug use (which is obvious and understood universally and which has a similar degree of prevalence in other sports), he can and has assured that there is no fix and in every contest, the Federation tries it's best to make sure the best man wins.

I may be wrong, but I'm just assuming them to be innocent until proven guilty.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
Oh and I know it's long overdue, but you're a monster mate! (talking about your pics)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »

right.

thats why milos competed for decades- not cause he enjoyed it or wanted to, just to set up a future in ripping people off.

your an idiot.

stay away from the keyboard and no one would know your a retard.
b

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 11:33:18 AM »
right.

thats why milos competed for decades- not cause he enjoyed it or wanted to, just to set up a future in ripping people off.

your an idiot.

stay away from the keyboard and no one would know your a retard.

ALL supplements are rip-offs.  Milos is no better or worse than anyone else in the industry.  Might taking amino acids around your workout help?  Maybe a little, but a 1% improvment certainly isn't worth hundreds of dollars a month IMO.  You've got guys like Garraeth out there hyping this stuff like it's the new steroids or something, when the truth is you're better off not buying any supplements and spending your money on steak instead.  If you really want to "supplement", buy steroids, at least you'll be getting some real bang for your buck, not the crap they hawk at expos.
Ron: "I am lazy."

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »
The moral of the story is...

WHY COMPLAIN ?