Author Topic: Opinion of the "O" watching it live in person.  (Read 945 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Opinion of the "O" watching it live in person.
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:26:43 PM »
You guys had 3 overhead screens, and only chose to use the middle one so people like me and 5,000 others could see the psyiques, but you all insisted on using the 2 other screens to constantly promote BB.com and Muscletech.  I could not get any decent looks at any of the lineup comparisons since you all chose not to add an xtra camera or 2.  Especially during the figure lineups.  I spent $200 per ticket to see the events, not advertisements. 

Anyone else who was there I'm sure will agree
Most are all show no go!

affy

Re: Opinion of the "O" watching it live in person.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »
add that to the list of reasons why the IFBB is a joke

seriously...these guys have major sponsors...charge an arm and a leg for tickets, give out shitty prize money

where the fuck does all this money go? 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 12:48:22 PM »
add that to the list of reasons why the IFBB is a joke

seriously...these guys have major sponsors...charge an arm and a leg for tickets, give out shitty prize money

where the fuck does all this money go? 

I'm sure it makes a profit, but not an excessive one in the scheme of things.  With 9,000 people there, less comps, what do you figure the gate was, $1.5 M?  If they gave out $600k in prize money, that would leave $900k for expenses.  I can guarantee the costs to put something like this on is not cheap.  The venue, a few staff members year-round to organize it, many more temps around O time, security, clean-up crew, set-up crew, sound guys plus A/V rental, costs for the fancy "O" displays and backdrop, advertising, travel costs, transportation, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe they cleared a few hundred thousand, which in the scheme of things for a company with revenues and expenses like AMI is truly chicken-feed.

I'd love to see a P&L statement for the event, but I know that'll never happen!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 12:52:28 PM »
why did you get cheap seates
Z

Mons Venus

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 12:53:49 PM »

I'm sure it makes a profit, but not an excessive one in the scheme of things.  With 9,000 people there, less comps, what do you figure the gate was, $1.5 M?  If they gave out $600k in prize money, that would leave $900k for expenses.  I can guarantee the costs to put something like this on is not cheap.  The venue, a few staff members year-round to organize it, many more temps around O time, security, clean-up crew, set-up crew, sound guys plus A/V rental, costs for the fancy "O" displays and backdrop, advertising, travel costs, transportation, etc, etc, etc.  Maybe they cleared a few hundred thousand, which in the scheme of things for a company with revenues and expenses like AMI is truly chicken-feed.

I'd love to see a P&L statement for the event, but I know that'll never happen!  ;D

We got your point Goat.  ;)

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »
You guys had 3 overhead screens, and only chose to use the middle one so people like me and 5,000 others could see the psyiques, but you all insisted on using the 2 other screens to constantly promote BB.com and Muscletech.  I could not get any decent looks at any of the lineup comparisons since you all chose not to add an xtra camera or 2.  Especially during the figure lineups.  I spent $200 per ticket to see the events, not advertisements. 

Anyone else who was there I'm sure will agree

Muscletech spent $500.000 and Bodybuilding.com spent $300.000 to be the main sponsors.