Author Topic: Jay was probably the best choice to win  (Read 4407 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Jay was probably the best choice to win
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:49:33 PM »
Everyone in the top 6 had their flaws.

Most of the guys had either site injects or 1-2 major flaws.  There was no perfect athlete onstage.  Even Wolf, who looked like a future 5-time sandow winner, needed calf help and better stage control.  He will NOT be overlooked next time.  The mag that endorses him cannot help either.  When is the last time a MD athlete won the O?

I thought Dex was the best athlete out of the top 6, although small.  Vic was very good, but there were calf issues.  Ronnie was a shell of his former self, but still better than most.  Jay was worse than last year and had some interesting issues going on, but he was bigger than everyone else, and bodybuilding is about size.  Coupled with him being the titleholder, and I think we all knew he'd win.

Jay was the best consistent choice.  He didn't screw up.  It was his to lose, and nobody TOOK it.  Next year should be a nice Phil Heath/Wolf showdown.  Given who is signed to which publication, I'm guessing it'll be Heath over Wolf for some time.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Jay was probably the best choice to win
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »

go back to the conspiracy board. now. we don't need your bs here.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »
what got heath to do in a discussion like this
Z

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »

it's just 240 trying to suck a little Weider/Muscletech cock . . .  he'll come on here and whine about how he's actually exposing how imp it is to be a weider athlete, but look at his fucking subject line.  ::)

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »

Most of the guys had either site injects or 1-2 major flaws.  There was no perfect athlete onstage.  Even Wolf, who looked like a future 5-time sandow winner, needed calf help and better stage control.  He will NOT be overlooked next time.  The mag that endorses him cannot help either.  When is the last time a MD athlete won the O?

I thought Dex was the best athlete out of the top 6, although small.  Vic was very good, but there were calf issues.  Ronnie was a shell of his former self, but still better than most.  Jay was worse than last year and had some interesting issues going on, but he was bigger than everyone else, and bodybuilding is about size.  Coupled with him being the titleholder, and I think we all knew he'd win.

Jay was the best consistent choice.  He didn't screw up.  It was his to lose, and nobody TOOK it.  Next year should be a nice Phil Heath/Wolf showdown.  Given who is signed to which publication, I'm guessing it'll be Heath over Wolf for some time.

good honest post 240, jay was off but everyone else wasnt much better!

victor has no one to blame but himself for not bringing his best package ever to the olympia and amking sure the judges had no choice...
Instead he brought a slightly worse package then last yr!

wolf would have had to be totally unreal to jump from nowhere to no.1 he was close to that but still needs a few things, should have been top 3 though!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 01:04:47 PM »
good honest post 240, jay was off but everyone else wasnt much better!

victor has no one to blame but himself for not bringing his best package ever to the olympia and amking sure the judges had no choice...
Instead he brought a slightly worse package then last yr!

wolf would have had to be totally unreal to jump from nowhere to no.1 he was close to that but still needs a few things, should have been top 3 though!

Yeah, Jay was by no means perfect.  He looked better last year.  But everyone in the top 6 had some sort of flaw.  You think back to the early 90s when the top 3 or 4 guys really had no real flaws.  You don't have that anymore.  A Levrone, Wheeler, Taylor, early Dorian, Shawn Ray...

You just don't have that these days.  So whlie I personally would have had Dex in 1st and Wolf at 3rd, I can understand the business side of it.  Last year was probably a very good business year for bodybuilding.  This year will be a very good business year.  There is an infrastructure in place.  You see it with politics (you know, the Clinton and Bush election machines that are able to get people elected).  Chances are, there is some of that here... you invest so many marketing dollars into a guy and you want longterm return on it.  Him having a loss in the midst of a 6 or 8 year title run makes him worth less when selling tickets and endorsements.  It's a business and we gotta remember that.

Jay won it last year.  He accepted it this year. It will take a LOT for him to stay ahead of the Vics and Dex's of the world in 2008.  And the Wolves.  Avoiding the challenge of a posedown was a good short-term strategic move, but the blowback from it on the web will last a lot longer, IMO.  I think Jay should have taken the challenge head-on.  2008 will be interesting, but nowhere near as interesting as 2007.  That dynasty word seems like she'll be around for a few years again.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »

Yeah, Jay was by no means perfect.  He looked better last year.  But everyone in the top 6 had some sort of flaw.  You think back to the early 90s when the top 3 or 4 guys really had no real flaws.  You don't have that anymore.  A Levrone, Wheeler, Taylor, early Dorian, Shawn Ray...

You just don't have that these days.  So whlie I personally would have had Dex in 1st and Wolf at 3rd, I can understand the business side of it.  Last year was probably a very good business year for bodybuilding.  This year will be a very good business year.  There is an infrastructure in place.  You see it with politics (you know, the Clinton and Bush election machines that are able to get people elected).  Chances are, there is some of that here... you invest so many marketing dollars into a guy and you want longterm return on it.  Him having a loss in the midst of a 6 or 8 year title run makes him worth less when selling tickets and endorsements.  It's a business and we gotta remember that.

Jay won it last year.  He accepted it this year. It will take a LOT for him to stay ahead of the Vics and Dex's of the world in 2008.  And the Wolves.  Avoiding the challenge of a posedown was a good short-term strategic move, but the blowback from it on the web will last a lot longer, IMO.  I think Jay should have taken the challenge head-on.  2008 will be interesting, but nowhere near as interesting as 2007.  That dynasty word seems like she'll be around for a few years again.

jay won it last year . . . ROFLMAO . . . why do you waste so much time typing bullshit, 240?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »
Hard to say who the winner is like said. Anyone of Cutler, Wolf and Martinez could have won imo. But wolf should have been top 3 for sure.

Cutler was the biggest overall but smooth over the whole upper body.

Martinez was big and pretty sharp. Best back lat spread and back db of them all. Synthol calves marked him down like said.

Wolf had the best taper which is a huge plus among the other blocky guys. Good conditioning huge wheels. a little high lats and small claves marks him down.

apples and oranges like allways in bb

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 01:11:10 PM »
jay won it last year . . . ROFLMAO . . . why do you waste so much time typing bullshit, 240?

Which bodybuilder on the Olympia stage was better than Jay in 2006?

Ronnie had an injured back and was holding a lot of water on the Fri night judging.  Even the most ardent Ronnie fans agreed, for the most part, it was a fair outcome.  And Vic, Melvin, and the others were still a light year behind Jay and ROnnie in size last year.

Jay was the most complete choice for the win last year.  He was the most complete choice to retain the title.  In bodybuilding, a guy has to demolish the champ to win.  ROnnie had enough flaws in 06 to be demolished.  No man brought enough to demolish Jay in 07.  WOlf looked better in comparison shots, but Jay had him on calves, and you can't beat the champ with a missing bodypart.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 01:14:25 PM »

Who was bigger, Jay Cutler or Dennis Wolfe?

As empty as paradise

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 01:15:13 PM »
Which bodybuilder on the Olympia stage was better than Jay in 2006?

Ronnie had an injured back and was holding a lot of water on the Fri night judging.  Even the most ardent Ronnie fans agreed, for the most part, it was a fair outcome.  And Vic, Melvin, and the others were still a light year behind Jay and ROnnie in size last year.

Jay was the most complete choice for the win last year.  He was the most complete choice to retain the title.  In bodybuilding, a guy has to demolish the champ to win.  ROnnie had enough flaws in 06 to be demolished.  No man brought enough to demolish Jay in 07.  WOlf looked better in comparison shots, but Jay had him on calves, and you can't beat the champ with a missing bodypart.

any objective person will tell you that it was close last year and Ronnie had the edge by Saturday evening . . . and by the Dutch Grand Prix, it was straight-up pwnage. 

Yesterday Dexter, Martinez and Wolf were better.

if you want to rationalize it as a business decision, fine . . . but don't bring any other bs here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 01:19:41 PM »
Who was bigger, Jay Cutler or Dennis Wolfe?

IMO, wolf was taller and had a better upper body.  Jay had better quads and calves.  Wolf bigger up top and taller (and killed Jay on shoulders and arms and cuts), but his missing calves were too much to overlook.  Don't get me wrong, it would have been a great day for bodybuilding for a new guy to win the O and usher in a new era of aesthetics. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »
IMO, wolf was taller and had a better upper body.  Jay had better quads and calves. 

::)  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 01:21:58 PM »
any objective person will tell you that it was close last year and Ronnie had the edge by Saturday evening . . . and by the Dutch Grand Prix, it was straight-up pwnage. 

The majority of the weight of the outcome comes from prejudging.  Ronnie blew it during prejudging last year.  If the whole show had taken place on Sat in 06, Ronnie would have 9 wins right now.

Yesterday Dexter, Martinez and Wolf were better.

Were they better on Friday for prejudging?
Also, Wolf made top 6 despite a missing bodypart, no matter how good the rest of him looked.  And Vic only lost by one point, despite Jay being the champ.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 01:25:12 PM »
The majority of the weight of the outcome comes from prejudging.  Ronnie blew it during prejudging last year.  If the whole show had taken place on Sat in 06, Ronnie would have 9 wins right now.

Were they better on Friday for prejudging?
Also, Wolf made top 6 despite a missing bodypart, no matter how good the rest of him looked.  And Vic only lost by one point, despite Jay being the champ.

you're so self-contradictory (or unaware as to what happened last weekend) that there's no point to this. do you even know how jay "squeaked" one out this year?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »
You see it with politics (you know, the Clinton and Bush election machines that are able to get people elected).

Seriously, what happened to you?

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »

It was Bush's fault and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad new it and the judges were in on it too :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 01:36:29 PM »
It was Bush's fault and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad new it and the judges were in on it too :)

Are you still blaming Ted Kennedy's drinking for your baseball career?

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »
IMO, wolf was taller and had a better upper body.  Jay had better quads and calves.  Wolf bigger up top and taller (and killed Jay on shoulders and arms and cuts), but his missing calves were too much to overlook.  Don't get me wrong, it would have been a great day for bodybuilding for a new guy to win the O and usher in a new era of aesthetics.

Cool.

If you would've been the single anonymous judge who decided who would've won it all, without any ties to any company whatsoever, who would you have put in first place?
As empty as paradise

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 01:42:18 PM »
Since when have calves mattered?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 01:43:11 PM »

1. What's "stage control"???  he seemed to control the best he could during the posedown while jay was running from him.

2. Since when did the magazine coverage count towards who wins...you're saying the O is a competition of names???

3. "bodybuilding is about size"...then Wolf wins...HANDS DOWN!

4.  Actually jay DID screw up, and he admitted it...last year Ronnie lost in the prejudging and lost the show, same scenario this year with jay  :-\

Not sure I'd agree with Heath over Wolf either...and if that happens, it sounds like Wolf's gonna have a looooooooong career  ::)
just not good enough

The Coach

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 01:43:41 PM »
Are you still blaming Ted Kennedy's drinking for your baseball career?

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

No, I blame my parents for being too short :P

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »
1. What's "stage control"???  he seemed to control the best he could during the posedown while jay was running from him.

2. Since when did the magazine coverage count towards who wins...you're saying the O is a competition of names???

3. "bodybuilding is about size"...then Wolf wins...HANDS DOWN!

4.  Actually jay DID screw up, and he admitted it...last year Ronnie lost in the prejudging and lost the show, same scenario this year with jay  :-\

Not sure I'd agree with Heath over Wolf either...and if that happens, it sounds like Wolf's gonna have a looooooooong career  ::)

you do realize that this is 240 you're talking to? Now how about that SC-UW game?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »
you do realize that this is 240 you're talking to? Now how about that SC-UW game?

no comment  ;D
just not good enough

Mons Venus

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »

So whlie I personally would have had Dex in 1st and Wolf at 3rd, I can understand the business side of it.  Last year was probably a very good business year for bodybuilding.  This year will be a very good business year.  There is an infrastructure in place.  You see it with politics   Chances are, there is some of that here... you invest so many marketing dollars into a guy and you want longterm return on it. 

In other words, bodybuilding is not really a sport or legit competition ?