Author Topic: Addie - October Dog of the Month  (Read 10962 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Addie - October Dog of the Month
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
Addie got the tube out today - Yeah!  So far things look good, healing fine. 
Great!

R

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2007, 05:28:53 AM »
Awesome videos!!! 
I can't believe how much energy those pups have!  My dane would run around like that for like 2 minutes and then sleep for the rest of the day!   :D
:)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2007, 06:37:01 AM »
May we please have an A.U.D? :)
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2007, 06:21:08 AM »
Addie's leg is healing nice.  Despite most of the sutures having pulled out, the incision is still closed, so she doesn't need to be resutured.  I hope that it doesn't suddenly decide to pull apart. 

I think it was the right decision, it will heal much faster than if we left it and waited.   She goes back to get her sutures (ha none will be left!) out on the 27th. Will discuss any testing we might want to do with the vet then.

She is going bonkos from no walks.  She had her spay on 9/26 so if she gets the go ahead on the 27th for walks that will be a month!!  Her big fun is going to the vet but then she gets there and is like "this is it?  this is bonk!!"
  >:( 

Will get some updated pics this weekend.   :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2007, 06:37:25 AM »
Thanks for the update!  Good to hear she is doing so well :)
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 06:04:33 AM »
Leg is healing GREAT.  All the sutures are out now, but it is holding closed so re-suturing won't be necessary.  There will be nothing to remove next Saturday!!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2007, 11:18:45 AM »
Thanks for the update and pics Amy.  Her healing seems almost miraculous considering how it looked initially!

Did this used to be a part of that picture?

R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2007, 01:04:40 PM »
Thanks for the update and pics Amy.  Her healing seems almost miraculous considering how it looked initially!

Did this used to be a part of that picture?

No!! lol!! This couch replaced that one (she pulled parts of it off but didn't eat them  ::) )

I am happy how it has healed, I think she is too!
  :D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:13 PM »
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwo09eo_rXo

lololoz   I laughed throughout almost the whole thing! 

How long did you have Tad before you weren't nervous to let them play-"fight" like that? 
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »

dogs are smart . . . she pushed him on to the couch, when she could have sent him flying off it.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2007, 11:04:18 AM »
How long did you have Tad before you weren't nervous to let them play-"fight" like that? 

Once Tad wasn't scared of them he took to Addie pretty quick.  It wasn't that long after that.  I just kept an eye on them and she was always gentle with him. You can see she kind of "chews" on him but with her mouth left open.   :D Or she will roll him over or try and squish him with her head sometimes.  He cleaned Addie's eyes in that vid, and he does Emmett's.  And sometimes their teeth!!   ;D 

He must not pull on Addie's lips that hard because she puts up with it! I love it when her ears go up when they are playing, she looks really cute!

Did ya notice Emmett just laying there?
  ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2007, 11:27:09 AM »

Or she will roll him over or try and squish him with her head sometimes. 

Please try to get a vid of that ;D

Did ya notice Emmett just laying there?
  ;D

Yes, at first I thought Emmett's body was Addie's body!
R

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2007, 05:48:09 AM »

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2007, 08:48:33 AM »
Addie had her last leg checkup Saturday, looks great, healing fine, got the A-OK for walks now!

I will take her back in about a month or so and get some blood tests done to see if she does have an underlying condition. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2007, 08:51:44 AM »

omg that was really cute!!

;D

Addie got a lil overzealous with Tad yesterday, I had to put a stop to it.  I don't think she would of intentionally hurt him, but she was pretty riled and might of accidentally done it.  Tad had jumped on my lap for safety but then hopped off and proceeded to bite her in the leg so I guess he wasn't tooo scared.   ::)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »
Addie had her last leg checkup Saturday, looks great, healing fine, got the A-OK for walks now!

Great news!

;D

Tad had jumped on my lap for safety but then hopped off and proceeded to bite her in the leg so I guess he wasn't tooo scared.   ::)
When he bit her did she just look at him or did it hurt her?  Please try to keep the video camera in hand at all times  ;D
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »
When he bit her did she just look at him or did it hurt her?  Please try to keep the video camera in hand at all times  ;D

They ignore him.  He likes to bite everyone in their legs, except Emmett, I don't think he does that to Emmett?  Must be he likes to bite the girls.   ;D

I will take more vids once I get a program to compress the files, they take up too much space on my computer and I can't even email them.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »

They ignore him.  He likes to bite everyone in their legs, except Emmett, I don't think he does that to Emmett?  Must be he likes to bite the girls.   ;D

I will take more vids once I get a program to compress the files, they take up too much space on my computer and I can't even email them.

does he bite your legs?  you really need to get (at least) a couple more dogs to test your theory re "sex-based discrimination in undersized canids."

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2007, 06:30:39 AM »
does he bite your legs?  you really need to get (at least) a couple more dogs to test your theory re "sex-based discrimination in undersized canids."

He likes to bite my toes!!  :D   

No more room so that study will have to wait!
  ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2007, 04:00:54 AM »
Flower, Addie has been a great DOM.  Thanks for all the pics, videos, and updates!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2007, 05:22:17 AM »
Thanks RIP!!   Once I get a compression software thingy I will take more vids!  I have an editing program that you can add music and splice scenes and other stuff but I doubt I will EVER be able to figure that out!     ::)

Yesterday was cop day on our walk.   First one pulled over and got out to see the dogs (I was like "please don't knock the cop over  ::)) and then later on another one stopped and asked how much food they all went through.

Addie is really happy to be able to get out now (and so am I!!)