Author Topic: The Christian Vote  (Read 1052 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
The Christian Vote
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:30:16 AM »
If what we have in the pot for president is all there is, I might be staying home for the first time too.   :-\

Christian leaders threaten to abandon Republicans
Dobson, others meet in Salt Lake City to plan options in presidential campaign
Posted: September 30, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Some of the top leaders in Christian pro-family activism – including James Dobson of Focus on the Family – met in Salt Lake City yesterday to plot a strategy should Rudy Giuliani or another supporter of legalized abortion be nominated by the Republican Party as its presidential candidate.

Not only was there a consensus among activists to withhold support for the Republican nominee, there was even discussion about supporting the entry of a new candidate to challenge the frontrunners.

It's no secret that Dobson, founder of one of the largest Christian ministries in the country, has no use for Giuliani.

In June, he said: "I cannot, and will not, vote for Rudy Giuliani in 2008. It is an irrevocable decision. If given a Hobson's – Dobson's? – choice between him and Sens. Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, I will either cast my ballot for an also-ran – or if worse comes to worst – not vote in a presidential election for the first time in my adult life. My conscience and my moral convictions will allow me to do nothing else."

Dobson reportedly drove from his headquarters Colorado Springs to the private meeting, held between sessions of the Council for National Policy in Salt Lake City this weekend, just to weigh in with other leaders of family groups, including the Family Research Council, Bott Broadcasting, Capitol Resource Institute, Salem Communications, Eagle Forum and Concerned Women for America.

While some of those present found candidate Mitt Romney acceptable as a nominee because of his current positions, others were skeptical of him because of his past positions on issues of life and death.

Some of those present, including Dobson, have expressed skepticism about Fred Thompson's bona fides as a leader on the key social issues of concern to the groups.

Perhaps the most surprising development in the meeting was the floating of an idea to recruit yet another candidate to enter the fray.

Among the more intriguing names mentioned was billionaire Foster Friess, a major Republican contributor and philanthropist who lives in Jackson, Wyoming.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The Christian Vote
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »
If what we have in the pot for president is all there is, I might be staying home for the first time too.   :-\

Dude.  Please don't do anything that will help give us president Hillary.  I'm really disappointed with both parties, again, but if nothing else I will vote against Hillary next year.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:24:26 AM »
I personally never liked Hillary, but could she or ANYBODY be worse than Bush/ Cheney?

I think NOT.

The question is whether she could be worse than Rudy, Romney, etc.  I say absolutely. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
Dude.  Please don't do anything that will help give us president Hillary.  I'm really disappointed with both parties, again, but if nothing else I will vote against Hillary next year.   
Thanks for slapping me back into reality, bro!  lol   :D 

You're right.  I can at least do that much. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »
Thanks for slapping me back into reality, bro!  lol   :D 

You're right.  I can at least do that much. 

Glad I could help.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »

All politicians suck, but if you have the ball for 8 yrs and fvck up, it's time to lateral it to the POS in the opposite isle.

The GOP had it's 8 yrs...enough is enough.

It's time for a change. The whole country will benefit in the end.

I think change is healthy, but that has already happened.  The Democrats have majorities in both houses. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 12:00:33 PM »
True, but without 2/3 vote....they are powerless to the veto pen.

You want Democrats to have control of both houses and the White House? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 12:28:11 PM »
IMO nothing is worse, Bush clearly proved that correct in his first term. I guess I've grown tired of these knuckleheads and their enabling buddies (GOP)

BTW, I'm not a crazy liberal. I'm an EXHUSTED republican.

Iraq, now possibly Iran, Rumsfeld, Alberto, Rove, crazy Cheney, IQ challenged Bush, Pedifiles in congress, gay tap dancing congressmen. Honestly, I'm tired of these motherfvckers.  :-\

I don't blame you.  Plenty to go around.  But I don't think the solution is to give Democrats control of D.C.  I don't know where you live, but Democrats ran Hawaii into the ground.  The business climate was terrible.  Taxes extremely high.  Budget deficit.  We were a one party state for about 50 years.  We essentially still are, except we have a Republican governor in her second time (first one in 40 years).  There has been a sea change since she took over. 

I really don't want Democrats in control of the purse strings.  There needs to be some balance somewhere (House, Senate, or White House). 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 03:01:03 PM »
If the Dems take the WH I'd prefer a GOP congress just to keep a sane balance. Bush and the current GOP have controlled the purse strings w/ reckless abandon. Since taking office, Bush has run up more dept than ALL previous presidents COMBINED. So it's difficult to understand your logic w/ the purse strings argument. Back in the day, republicans were fiscally responsible.........not anymore.

Even with Bush's tax cuts, your taxes are really higher if you look at current energy costs.....sky high inflation and an ever DEFLATING dollar coupled with the worst housing recession since the Great Depression. Does this not take money OUT of your pocket?

Where am I wrong ? 

I don't know where you're wrong.  I don't have any basis to challenge your numbers.  Proof? 

I will add that when I talk about purse strings, I'm also talking about a mindset.  If you look at the Democrats running for office, they are all talking about raising taxes, class warfare, government bureaucracy, etc.  That's what Democrats bring to the table.