Author Topic: Is the judging at local NPC shows as poor as this years Olympia?  (Read 832 times)

droopydog

• Getbig II
Although I have "lurked" in the shadows (that sounds kinda creepy) for a while I have never really posted until now... I have been contemplating returning to competetion next year after eight dormant years, but after watching the Olympia and being disgusted by the results I am not sure I want to risk the disappointment...

Also.. I placed pretty well at every show I competed in and I wonder if my head was in the sand and maybe I was on the receiving end of a few "gifts"... My point is that I was out of the scene for years and I dont remember being in TOTAL disagreement with the judging before... I have not been to a local show since I stopped competing and am just curious if the judges are as blind as the ones watching the show this past weekend were... My daughter was only a baby when I last competed and not long ago my new wife was looking at some old pictures and came across some contest photos while they were scrap-booking. I was more than slightly motivated when they both thought the pics were of "some swole dude that somewhat looks like daddy"...

I though that setting a contest as my goal would be help me light that fire again but if the judging is more a political thing even on the local/regional level whats the point... I know I can get in shape again and my competetive nature will probably take over once I start seeing results but I just wanted to check with the cats in the know... For what its worth that Wolf cat is SICK!!! I don't care how much ad space Jay Cutler can sell nor do I buy the "gotta knock the champ out" theory... If you are smooth you should not place at all... Those that say that its bodybuilding and that means mass are morons... Hell... sumo wrestlers are "massive" creatures...

And before everyone starts flaming me for a lame -ass question... Please be advised that I am a ninja...  ;D

And yes... I will post pics of both my current hairy "pleasantly plump" self as well as progress pics so that the well trained eyes of GB can critque

affy

Re: Is the judging at local NPC shows as poor as this years Olympia?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 04:19:50 PM »
dude...no one is going to read that

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 04:20:42 PM »
Although I have "lurked" in the shadows (that sounds kinda creepy) for a while I have never really posted until now...
hahah
L

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
Although I have "lurked" in the shadows (that sounds kinda creepy) for a while I have never really posted until now... I have been contemplating returning to competetion next year after eight dormant years,but after watching the Olympia and being disgusted by the results I am not sure I want to risk the disappointment... Also.. I placed pretty well at every show I competed in and I wonder if my head was in the sand and maybe I was on the receiving end of a few "gifts"... My point is that I was out of the scene for years and I dont remember being in TOTAL disagreement with the judging before... I have not been to a local show since I stopped competing and am just curious if the judges are as blind as the ones watching the show this past weekend were... My daughter was only a baby when I last competed and not long ago my new wife was looking at some old pictures and came across some contest photos while they were scrap-booking. I was more than slightly motivated when they both thought the pics were of "some swole dude that somewhat looks like daddy"... I though that setting a contest as my goal would be help me light that fire again but if the judging is more a political thing even on the local/regional level whats the point... I know I can get in shape again and my competetive nature will probably take over once I start seeing results but I just wanted to check with the cats in the know... For what its worth that Wolf cat is SICK!!! I don't care how much ad space Jay Cutler can sell nor do I buy the "gotta knock the champ out" theory... If you are smooth you should not place at all... Those that say that its bodybuilding and that means mass are morons... Hell... sumo wrestlers are "massive" creatures...

And before everyone starts flaming me for a lame -ass question... Please be advised that I am a ninja...  ;D

And yes... I will post pics of both my current hairy "pleasantly plump" self as well as progress pics so that the well trained eyes of GB can critque

Why not compete for fun instead of placings?

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 04:28:15 PM »
Why not compete for fun instead of placings?

Severely dehydrating youself and making yourself feel like dying is fun? ::)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »

You're right. I just scrolled down and seen your response. Agreed!  :D

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 04:39:42 PM »

Severely dehydrating youself and making yourself feel like dying is fun? ::)
Yeah... yeah actually it is. But you have never done it before so you wouldn't know. Hey, do you even work out? That is fun too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 04:42:30 PM »
protect the kidneys, man. 

the trophies are temporary.   your organs are too important.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »

lol no kidding

droopydog

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 05:03:45 PM »
Affy... you read it... Just asking a question man