Author Topic: PBW Radio: Bob Chick says "Jay looked bad because of the lighting"  (Read 12879 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: PBW Radio: Bob Chick says "Jay looked bad because of the lighting"
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 02:56:29 AM »
I'm convinced some of you are complete morons, or cant comprehend what is being said....

What I said was that the middle lighting was very flat looking...FOR EVERYBODY. By changing positions of the guys, they ALL got a better look from the lighting on either side of the middle. Being that Jay was the reigning champion...and the way the callouts are made..It was Jay that was in the middle most of the time.....

That being said, Jay (and everyone else who was moved there) looked MUCH better than when they were in the middle....

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 03:20:18 AM »
Fair Dooze, but Cmon Bob, regardless - Jay was way off and not the best athlete on stage last weekend. Ive been following the sport for over 20 years and he shouldn't have won. Wolfe was the best athlete on stage THOSE 2 NIGHTS. The judges should call it as it is under the guidelines set. The sport would be way more credible then and hey, it would have created a fantastic year long build up for the 2008 Olympia - Jay looking to take back his title from the "Rookie". By gifting Jay the 'O' this year they have actually shot themselves in the foot. USE YOUR INFLUENCE TO HELP LEE PRIEST GET BACK IN TOO - YOU KNOW HE DESERVES ONE MORE CHANCE.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 03:50:44 AM »
I'm convinced some of you are complete morons, or cant comprehend what is being said....

What I said was that the middle lighting was very flat looking...FOR EVERYBODY. By changing positions of the guys, they ALL got a better look from the lighting on either side of the middle. Being that Jay was the reigning champion...and the way the callouts are made..It was Jay that was in the middle most of the time.....

That being said, Jay (and everyone else who was moved there) looked MUCH better than when they were in the middle....

You definitely deserve credit for getting more comparisons in the shows during the year.

Too bad it didn't happen at the Olympia.

As empty as paradise

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 04:01:18 AM »

OK Bob, u might be right cuz u were there and u hav enough experience to express ur oppinion and i respect it,,,

my point is, doesnt it sound so stupid that Jay Cutler won the "MR OLYMPIA" only because of a stupid lighting???
second, why was he not called out to be compared next to Wolf? and why was he runin away from Wolf? was he told to do so???

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 04:05:11 AM »
BOB, PLEASE....GET REAL.

DONT BULLSHIT US. THIS PHOTO SAYS IT ALL....EVERYBODY STOOD UNDER THE SAME LIGHTING!

Bob will then blame the tan for making Jay looked soft
I am a mini beast

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 04:25:13 AM »

I cant believe someone of ur knowledge thinks Jay won....it boggles my mind.

about the lighting, i hadnt heard the show yet it wasnt available for replay at the time.

but i guess they say its all subjective, but i believe conditioning doesnt lie. a mr Olympia has to be conditioned, Jay was not.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 04:49:51 AM »

Lighting or no lighting excuses, Jay admitted 5 seconds after his victory on stage that he was OFF on Friday, yet somehow our judges had him in first place after that night. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.. and he wasn't just a little off but ALOT.. it was obvious as many seasoned pros didn't have him in the top 3 along with 99% of the live and online audience.

Knock out that champ? Is that in the official ifbb rules book? Best man on the day of the show SHOULD ALWAYS win - both at pre and finals. I don't care if it's some guy from India that's never stepped on stage in his life, etc.

This doesn't play anything into how Jay got his gift and why the judges blatantly avoided comparing Wolf (#5 guy) with Victor or Jay (#1 & #2 guys).

How many Olympia's have we had? Why is the judging still flawed??? After all the shows of the most controversial shows 80&81 you'd think someone would listen but no.. now we've added 08 to the mix and in my opinion (if the judges get an opinion, we all do) tops them all.

:(

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Re: Bob Chick says "Jay looked bad because of the lighting"
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 04:51:40 AM »
I agree, it was the lighting that made Jay look soft

the shadow that Wolfe cast would make anyone look soft  ;D

HAHAHAHA...tru dat!

Mons Venus

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 04:58:37 AM »

Chick, having a hard time getting ANYONE to listen to your bullspit story ?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 05:10:47 AM »
Sold out in my mind means there are no more tickets to be sold.
The military are very busy right now, so they can't use their tickets, which would be a solid block  of seats I would imagine.

With that being said, the military is busy, comped seats, there were blocks of seats all around the arena, to seat  100(being generous) all around the arena.

With Bob earlier going on about the PDI comping seats, etc, etc, etc...it is business as usual.   But he did state SEVERAL TIMES that the event was SOLD OUT.

Those of us who had paid over $100. for the finals were able to walk down from the "nosebleed" section to premium seats of our choice.
... waiting for the company man to attack paying fans 

austrian_power

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 05:57:54 AM »
wrong! jay looked horrible smooth on every single place at the stage!

jay left - wolf middle: wolf 10 times better
wolf left - jay middle: wolf 20 times better

that's incredible! bb is everything else than a main sport - and with such fuckin.g decisions i don*t think it s getting better! mr. o is completely done for me! it's obviously - jay will win next year (third time) - he will retire - martinez will be 2009 for x years.

all bullshit! i was shocked when i read the results and the pics! i think mr o judge is a well paid job! hope every single judge said thanks to muscletech for "support"!

cutler out of top 5 with such a condition! mass ok, but everything else (including his hair) only bad

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 06:03:38 AM »
Just a travesty...
I hate the State.