Author Topic: Something not right about the lighting at the Olympia.  (Read 1411 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Something not right about the lighting at the Olympia.
« on: October 01, 2007, 06:42:44 PM »
I think the lighting at the Olympia wasn't the best. We saw Gustavo looking really ripped at the press conference and then in the hotel. On stage he didn't have that lean look. Wolf looked good but hardly anyone else. Rockel had great legs but looked soft in his upper body. How is that possible?

Some of the photos from the Olympia look really bright and washed the detail out of most competitors. Maybe they had brighter lighting for video but it didn't showcase the competitors at their best.

Here is the best shot from the Olympia.

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Something not right about the lighting at the Olympia.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
Bob confirmed there was a bad spot on stage & the judges saw it....& tried to get everyone in the correct light through different comparisons.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:17:53 PM »
It is more than the bad spot on the stage. The individual posing lighting was too bright and this exposed all the faults. On some sites the lighting of the Olympia photos is really weird with a light background. I guess it depends partly on the position of the photographer and his particular settings, but those photos reveal even more and that doesn't showcase the guys at their best.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 07:27:14 PM »
Why does anyone wear those silly medals for photos. The winner should start a tradition and throw those silly things into the audience. I am also sick of the practice of raising the hand of the winner. That was done to get promoters and Joe in the photos and everyone now does it. Leave the winners alone and let them do their own posing. Not everyone looks great with hands raised overhead.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »
Did Dennis look this lean on stage? I don't think so.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »

What are you trying to say Vince?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:33:42 PM »
I guess it makes a huge difference where a competitor stands on the stage. If you are too far back you get washed out. If you are too far forward you get too many shadows. The lighting couldn't hide the superior physique and condition of Dennis Wolf. Crowd and on line favourite who didn't get that award. Something fishy about that oversight.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
I am saying the lighting was a bit harsh and revealed any bodyfat competitors were carrying. Almost everyone came in way too heavy and that caused most to look not conditioned when they probably were much better than the photos revealed. Jay, in particular, suffered because of the lighting. I will see if I can find the washed out photos.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:43 PM »
WOLF IS A FUCKING BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that most muscular is so huge, shredded, and symentrical.....geeezz.. . perfection embodied right there. he has absolutely perfect proportions in that shot....fron t delts are not undersized, or overpowering...both delts are the exact same size...big thick traps that arent overpowering, and thick vascular arms with a striated full chest...   and lets not even talk about that freaky quad sweep!

WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 07:42:48 PM »
What's your excuse?

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »
The competitors were moving back and forth, side to side.

The lighting followed you in all directions.  so if you moved in or out back and forth 9(ie:the final show) the lights did for each competitors what it did for all....unless the lighting is now to be judged.....

Don't make me think of Conspiracies!!!!!

Sandra

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 07:56:30 PM »
I've set up lighting for quite a few national contests. It is really tricky to get it right both for the line ups and individual posing. Some guys move around a lot and that means they can't be under the ideal lighting most of the time. True professionals know where to stand.

However, all that being said, I wonder where the striated glutes were this year? What do those who were there have to say about the lighting. I can go only by what I see on line.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »
blame the lighting...so lame.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 08:08:57 PM »
I am not blaming the lighting because it was the same for everyone. Just saying it affected how they looked.