Author Topic: Boycott the 2008 Olympia? No integrity?  (Read 4272 times)

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
Re: Boycott the 2008 Olympia
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 04:17:43 AM »
Ron, please pass whatever your smoking.  ::) 

he must be wearing his glasses at the Finals
I am a mini beast

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 04:48:43 AM »
Ron, I gotta disagree with you a bit.

I've always been a Jay fan and I won't go into details here but I think that Martinez should have won this one and I also believe that his victory would have been the best thing for this sport.

And ... it has always been my belief that the Mr "O" placings were determined during the "prejudging" which was on Friday night. I don't know what the IFBB offical stand is regarding Friday nite decisions this but in the NPC the wt class decisions are made during the prejudging phase while the judging between the wt class winners and the overall is made at the finals.

In fact, you may have noticed that many of the NPC judges are absent from the official table dcuring the finals while the contestants are posing on stage and only appear for the posedowns between the wt class winners on the evening of the finals.

Is the IFBB different in this respect? Were the placing decisions made on Saturday night? Am I missing something here?
If so, why even hold the Friday night prejudging event.

We  used to say, "The prejudging is for the judges and the finals is for the contestants and the fans!"

Has that changed? Don't we say that no more? Or did it ever even apply within the IFBB?

Overall it was a great contest and phenominal Expo. Better than any high school reunion I've ever attended. Great seeing ya there and keep up the good work. You get an A+ all the way around.  And I think that Uncle Joe would agree.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 05:05:49 AM »
Every year it's the same nonsense....and every year people have to find a new villain and hero.  Last year the villain was Ronnie, and the hero was Jay.

Now this year Jay is the Villain and Wolf or Martinez is the hero.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 05:28:10 AM »
Hmm.. let's see.  The 2007 Olympia was the best one yet, 8,000+ seats in the finals Saturday night, an expo full of people and the largest one yet, thousands of people from international and domestic buyers, fans looking at the latest supplements, and doing business. A Powerhouse Gym convention at the same time. A press conference that was so full, people were standing. A seminar on Sunday that was the busiest ever. A great time at the Olympia. Ronnie's last stint on the Olympia stage.

Robin Chang did the best job promoting and making sure all went well with details. Everyone had a great time.

And you call for a boycott.  I am willing to bet you weren't there, and you don't even support the industry. Why? Because Jay Cutler beat Victor Martinez. Boo hoo.

It was the right choice. Jay was the best Saturday night when it counted. Victor was better Friday night. It was very close. Very very close. And Jay won this battle.

Next year's battle will be an even fiercer one. It will be a great Olympia weekend too.

I respect Only Me, and Vince Goodrum much more that you. They at least come to the Olympia, see what goes on, instead of screaming fire for nothing.

::)
ron.. jay didnt even look like top 5 material
let me ask you one question directly...
if jay wasnt mr olympia... and was an unknown and came in looking like he did.. smoot and saggy.. with a extra wide waste.. tell me my rain man.. what would his placing be..
Im not sayin boycott the olympia or lets chain oureselves to trees and sing cum by ya
but jay winnin the mr o last weekend..
was
BULL shit
choice is an illusion

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 05:47:18 AM »
it doesn't matter if jay beat vic or vic beat jay... fact is that dennis destroyed both of them.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 06:15:57 AM »
I have a better idea, lets get the Feds to launch an investigation on the corruption of the IFBB, there's alot money involved in these shows and the federation, if they caught wind of any corruption and or contest fixing, that should wake up alot of these corrupt judges and federation heads..........I'm dead serious about this, something has to be done, Jay or Ronnie shouldn't have been anywhere near the top five and the scorecard being literally changed at the last minute should be somekind of an indicator.

These guys work too damn hard to only get screwed over, people say you have to pay your dues, thats bullshit, the best ones should win or place high reguardless wether it's their first Olympia or not. AGAIN JUDGES, COME ON THIS BOARD AND EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!!

I was thinking the same DAMN thing!!!!  ;)

They did it with WWF....made them ADMIT that it was "fake" and changed it's title from a sport to "sports entertainment".  And you know what, they're still doing very well, even though everyone knows it's staged.  Could the same happen with bodybuilding....hmmmmmmm mmmmmmm  ???

Didn't they also go through this with the JERRY SPRINGER show...and FORCE him to admit that his show is staged?! 

I agree with the coach...just settle this argument once and for all, it's staged, the placings are predicted before showtime, FINE, at least we know what to expect come show time, and I bet many people still show up.  ;)
just not good enough

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »

I was thinking the same DAMN thing!!!!  ;)

They did it with WWF....made them ADMIT that it was "fake" and changed it's title from a sport to "sports entertainment".  And you know what, they're still doing very well, even though everyone knows it's staged.  Could the same happen with bodybuilding....hmmmmmmm mmmmmmm  ???

Didn't they also go through this with the JERRY SPRINGER show...and FORCE him to admit that his show is staged?! 

I agree with the coach...just settle this argument once and for all, it's staged, the placings are predicted before showtime, FINE, at least we know what to expect come show time, and I bet many people still show up.  ;)

not sure anyone really wants to open that box of snakes. ;)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: BOYCOTT THE 2008 MR. OLYMPIA
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 09:05:27 AM »
coming form mr. "i registered at getbig less than a month ago"

Did it ever occur to you that I have had an account on here before, "allpumpedupwithsemen"? ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Could MuscleTech money buy Vince a title, too?
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 10:07:22 AM »

Just wondering.

;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Could MuscleTech money buy Vince a title, too?
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 10:08:40 AM »
sometimes the questions are more important than the answers  ;)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Could MuscleTech money buy Vince a title, too?
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 01:16:05 PM »

Integrity is a wonderful thing.

I refuse to stop believing that.

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
Question: Exactly How Much Does It Cost To Buy An Olympia?
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 06:45:21 PM »
Seriously curious.  We all know that the sponsors bid on which of them gets to have the winning boy, and the outcome is determined long before they hit the stage.  How much do you think it costs?
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Question: Exactly How Much Does It Cost To Buy An Olympia?
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »

Damn good question.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Question: Exactly How Much Does It Cost To Buy An Olympia?
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »
3 jugs of Cell Tech and a sleveless Musletech t shirt for each judge

willdafrog

• Getbig II
Re: Boycott the 2008 Olympia? No integrity?
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2021, 06:46:08 AM »
Hey Guys,

I had no idea someone hacked into my account was using my account to do posts.  My apologies.

I need to check more often. 

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2021, 07:02:37 AM »
Hey Guys,

I had no idea someone hacked into my account was using my account to do posts.  My apologies.

amazed you remembered your password, unless its you who just hacked the account..

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »
Hey Guys,

Seems you've been pretty busy the past 15 years. Sucking a wide array of dicks perhaps?

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2021, 09:56:14 AM »
Seems you've been pretty busy the past 15 years. Sucking a wide array of dicks perhaps?

He's stopped his boycott of bodybuilding after we got a real mr olympia

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2021, 01:32:15 PM »
Are we going to move forward with the boycott of the 2008 Mr Olympia?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2021, 03:42:51 PM »
Are we going to move forward with the boycott of the 2008 Mr Olympia?

No but Wilfong is gonna start another cock bender.