Author Topic: Ronnies back is not that bad  (Read 3022 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Ronnies back is not that bad
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 08:27:54 AM »
Matt, I am a big supporter of Ronnie also...but at some point you have to face reality.  Ronnie is near 45 and is clearly on the downward side of his career, this cannot be disputed.

arguably he is the 4th - 10th best BB on stage.  Now, if he wants to compete because he wants to that is one thing, but lets not make excuses and paint a rosy picture here.

1. Wide gut
2. Destroyed back
3. Shrinking legs.
4. Lack of triceps
5. And overall his appearance is not pretty any more, now I squint one eye and turn my head sideways when he is on stage.

Ronnie was great if not the best ever, but father time is a cruel man, he makes everything work against you.

can anyone shed light on how exactly ronnie tore himself up? or is this result of some nerve damage on one side of his body ???

whatever it is, this is what caused his fall.

same sort of thing happened to dorian. fell apart like a house of cards, but i guess that if you want to keep your body at an extreme, the ferry man must be paid sometime. :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 11:07:56 AM »
I had Ronnie in fourth, but I definitely didn't have Dexter beating him and Wolf!  I would have placed Wolf higher than Ronnie and possibly winning it, with Victor and Jay also beating Ronnie.  Ronnie was a legit fourth place at the show, but the order was wrong.  He should have come in at 292 again.  I think he would have been second.

Wolf wasn't winning he's a couple of years away from winning , he needs some improvements .

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 11:25:50 AM »
for christ sake Ronnie is 43yrs fcuking old. We don't expect his back to look the same from 5yrs ago. do we?
Get Big, or Die Trying

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »
can anyone shed light on how exactly ronnie tore himself up? or is this result of some nerve damage on one side of his body ???

whatever it is, this is what caused his fall.

same sort of thing happened to dorian. fell apart like a house of cards, but i guess that if you want to keep your body at an extreme, the ferry man must be paid sometime. :-\

It's ironic: by not being humble during his victory at the 2005 Mr. Olympia, he collapsed to the floor for the EIGHTH time (as if he didn't know he was going to win), which resulted in bursitis in his left side and all the other subsequent related injuries.
Bodybuilding Pro.com