Author Topic: Why do I get shaky in the mornings around 8:30 am?  (Read 1985 times)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Why do I get shaky in the mornings around 8:30 am?
« on: October 02, 2007, 06:19:02 AM »
5:30 am: Rise and eat ~ 50g carbs (oatmeal with raisins) and 35g protein powder (or fat free cottage cheese)
6:30 am: workout
7:30 am: PWO shake (50-75g carb mix of malto/dextrose along with 50g protein powder)
9 am: 40g complex carbs with veggies and a chicken breast

If I add some more simple carbs in between my PWO shake and 9 am meal I feel a little better, but still get somewhat shaky.  I assumed that the shakes is a blood sugar crash, but this now also happens on off days where I skip the workout and PWO shake.  Also, if I eat no carbs on my off days I feel much better (more energy and less shakes), however i still get the shakes a little.  Does this sound like insulin resistance?

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
Re: Why do I get shaky in the mornings around 8:30 am?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:22:36 AM »
5:30 am: Rise and eat ~ 50g carbs (oatmeal with raisins) and 35g protein powder (or fat free cottage cheese)
6:30 am: workout
7:30 am: PWO shake (50-75g carb mix of malto/dextrose along with 50g protein powder)
9 am: 40g complex carbs with veggies and a chicken breast

If I add some more simple carbs in between my PWO shake and 9 am meal I feel a little better, but still get somewhat shaky.  I assumed that the shakes is a blood sugar crash, but this now also happens on off days where I skip the workout and PWO shake.  Also, if I eat no carbs on my off days I feel much better (more energy and less shakes), however i still get the shakes a little.  Does this sound like insulin resistance?

No it's sounds like you have acute pussyitis

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:28:18 AM »
When I eat a high carb meal I get shaky as well.  Not sure why.  It seems to not happen when I eat some fish oil tabs with my oatmeal.  maybe the fats stabalize my insulin spikes.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 07:39:09 AM »
No it's sounds like you have acute pussyitis

Thanks, I had not considered that.   :-*

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »
ha ha ha, pussyitus, clasic ;D