Author Topic: How did Jay win?? You will win, period  (Read 1344 times)

Armageddon

• Getbig III
How did Jay win?? You will win, period
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »
As a strategy of AMI/ Weider; they don’t want to loose muscle tech as the main sponsor. They are the most worth company in the market – disregarding EAS cause they don’t sponsor bodybuilders/bodybuilding- Muscle tech is worth US$80million and EAS is worth US$800million; ya ten times more but AMI/Weider is not making anything out of them so it doesn’t matter.

However it had to be a muscle tech athlete to win the O, and jay was the best choice being the reigning mr. o

Maybe MHP should contribute more to the IFBB to get victor a win??!?!?!?!?!!?!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: How did Jay win?? You will win, period
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:02:44 AM »
moreso than the supplement company - although your point is an interesting one - I think it comes down to publications.

If an MD athlete wins, then for 12 months, flex/mf will have no access to the Mr O. 

It's the two competing rival federations that cause the O dynasties.  Heath or one of the signed guys will get it next.  Hell, I think JoJ would win it before wolf.  It's simple business.  They'd create a great deal of value for the rival publication.  And lose a great deal of value for their own.

that's just my own opinion and analysis.  If I was running the show and had publications, you'd better believe the champ would come form my camp each year lol...  This isn't a conspiracy theory or anything like that.  It's simple motive.  Why give away your show horse for the competiiton to use to make a killing $?

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:06:12 AM »
moreso than the supplement company - although your point is an interesting one - I think it comes down to publications.

If an MD athlete wins, then for 12 months, flex/mf will have no access to the Mr O. 

It's the two competing rival federations that cause the O dynasties.  Heath or one of the signed guys will get it next.  Hell, I think JoJ would win it before wolf.  It's simple business.  They'd create a great deal of value for the rival publication.  And lose a great deal of value for their own.

that's just my own opinion and analysis.  If I was running the show and had publications, you'd better believe the champ would come form my camp each year lol...  This isn't a conspiracy theory or anything like that.  It's simple motive.  Why give away your show horse for the competiiton to use to make a killing $?

Yes  ;D

If Wolf won he couldn't be on the cover of Flex. And they can't have that. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:08:35 AM »
yep.  when is the last time a guy from a rival publication won the O?

But, they let the Arnold be wide open to even things out.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 09:11:16 AM »
valid point

maybe that is why Gustavo gets screwed.  He was offered a deal with weider publication and MD at the same time.  He could negotiate the deal with Steve directly as far as the MD deal was concerned, but had to wait for peter to go and discuss with the board or what ever and get back to him and say bla bla bla and then I did my best and tried for you and got it.

finally he got the same offer from both but he went with MD cause it was easier communication and less complicated.  

But I guess he paid the price dearly, he could have placed much better in the shows he did since

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 09:12:56 AM »
wolf, go to flex.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »
I want to pony up $1,000 for an award at the Arnold.  How do I do that?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 09:42:14 AM »
An MD guy will not win the Mr. Olympia as long as Papa Joe is alive and it's called Joe Weider's Mr. Olympia.

Add in the Muscltech sponsorship and Victor and Dennis didn't stand a chance.

It's complete bullshit.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 09:58:42 AM »
Haney was with Twinlab when he won #8.  Ronnie was with Met-Rx when he won #1 (and 2, I think). 
Besides, MD contracts aren't exclusives, unless I've missed something.

Still, There's something funky going on.  No way, did Jay win that contest.

Kamikaze Paul

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 10:51:12 AM »
Haney was with Twinlab when he won #8.  Ronnie was with Met-Rx when he won #1 (and 2, I think). 
Besides, MD contracts aren't exclusives, unless I've missed something.

Still, There's something funky going on.  No way, did Jay win that contest.

Well things change

In the occasions you mentioned Muscle-tech was not the main sponsor of the show.  Being the main sponsor (platinum sponsor) doesn’t mean only sticking logos or mentioning their name.  They make great deal of money from their athletes being in the top.  What they sponsor/pay has to have a greater ROI (return on investment)

Paul L.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 02:11:43 PM »
I never believed Jay used oil, but his delt above looks strange,there is no reason why it should look flexed.