Author Topic: Privacy  (Read 714 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Privacy
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »
I found this on a different forum no idea where it came from originally, I agree with it.

When we look at where we are today with the computer and how easily and quickly everyone slipped into putting all their information out in the open, to be grabbed by the security forces or whoever else wants it. It's rather outstanding. People fought wars to have privacy. Privacy: Something they never had before the first revolutions in the 1500’s, 1600’s and 1700’s. Privacy was something you fought and died for because it was almost a holy thing – the right to be left alone. People got indignant about it, and yet today you ask the average person about all the info they're putting out there on the computer for everyone to grab – all the authorities to grab and they tell you "I don't care. I have nothing to hide." You see that a statement of a happy fat contented gluttonous slave. That's what that is. That's what you're hearing when they say that. They're happy slaves. However, those same happy slaves will howl when it all goes down, which it will at the right time

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Privacy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
I found this on a different forum no idea where it came from originally, I agree with it.

Interesting.  Many people (me included) use the internet for convenience, but still value their privacy.  The internet certainly does it make it much easier for people to obtain and abuse your personal information.