Author Topic: Thompson is falling apart  (Read 812 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Thompson is falling apart
« on: October 02, 2007, 03:36:35 PM »
Reporters are making him look stupid every day now.  He didn't know there was oil in the glades.  He didn't have any position on any G8 topics nor could answer what it was.  He just said there were WMD in Iraq.  He had no clue what Bush's position was on social security. I couldn't keep up with the complete list, but it was about ten uninformed gaffes that he's made in the last month.

The man is dangerously uninformed.  He's a great leader, okay.  (i don't know what he's led - do you?)  He is a strong man, fine.

But he doesnt know what's going on in the world.  240 knows a lot more about politics than fred thompson does.  Beach Bum knows a lot more about politics than Thompson.  Thompson might be a super great guy, but I want my president to be one of the smartest, shrewd people on earth.  Thompson doesn't know a lot about what's going on in the world.   Men like that are easily manipulated once in office.  (See: Bush).

Imagine Hilary destroying Thompson on issues.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Thompson is falling apart
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:45:09 PM »
He never had it together.  :-[

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 06:06:44 PM »
He never had it together.  :-[

Oddly, a lot of people accorded him credibility and "strong leadership" simply because he carried himself well.

Now that he's had to answer questions, a few things are clear.  He isn't well=versed in currect events.  And, he parrots most Bush positions on the war, domestic issues, etc.

So, if your ideal candidate is a bush copycat who isn't quite as smart as Bush, he's your man!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 06:19:10 AM »
He is not my man.  If I had to vote or a GOP candidate I would be looking at Mike Huckabee.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 04:38:40 PM »
Ha ha ha  What a loser!  He better go back to acting.

Early On, Thompson Fails to Spark Excitement in Iowa

By ADAM NAGOURNEY

NEVADA, Iowa, Oct. 3 — Twenty-four minutes after he began speaking in a small restaurant the other day, Fred Thompson brought his remarks to a close with a nod of his head and an expression of thanks to Iowans for allowing him to “give my thoughts about some things.”

Then he stood face to a face with a silent audience.

“Can I have a round of applause?” Mr. Thompson said, drawing a rustle of clapping and some laughter.

“Well, I had to drag that out of you,” he said.

Mr. Thompson is a former United States senator, a television actor and a Watergate investigator. His entry into the presidential race was highly anticipated by many Republicans, who saw or hoped to see in him outsized political talent and a commitment to conservatism that would enliven a Republican field that many found lacking.

But as Mr. Thompson campaigned across Iowa this week, he was something other than the dynamic presence that some in his party have been yearning for. Iowans saw a candidate who is subdued and sonorous, a laconic presence who spoke in soft monotone, threw few elbows and displayed little drive to distinguish himself from his opponents.

Mr. Thompson told few jokes and, while an easygoing presence, he did not appear to have much interest in the small talk that is a staple of retail campaigning. As he defined his candidacy, Mr. Thompson spoke in broad generalities about the conservative principles that he said had informed his political views — in particular, federalism and cutting government spending — and led him to run for president.

In the process, he often lulled audiences into the kind of stillness that engulfed the room when he finished talking at the “Lunch with Fred Thompson” in Marshalltown...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/03/us/politics/03cnd-thompson.html?hp=&pagewanted=all