Author Topic: Yates 92 vs. 93  (Read 11817 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Yates 92 vs. 93
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 07:36:37 PM »
 ::)

its amazing how naive people can be..
those shots were very well done.

they are not technically horrible.

if you  believe that, well, then I feel very sorry for you.

because you are as dumb and gullable as a fucking rock.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »
I agree. Nobody would have even have heard of Yates if those shots had been in colour. He was really only 110lbs with one leg 6 inches longer than the other and as smooth as a babies arse.

the irony of this statement is incredible... :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »

best front lat spread of all time.

hands down.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 08:44:51 PM »

Your a fucking idiot.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 09:08:27 PM »
Your a fucking idiot.

I see ND's naivety has rubbed off on you.

you are kidding yourself if you think those shots were done half assed and by an amateur.

they were not.

a lot of work went into shots like that.

and of course, many many many shots were taken and you only see the very best one in print.

thats the way things work in the world of magazine photography..

but then again, its pretty apparent that you would not know that.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »
Your a fucking idiot.
The guy who took those pics came on here and said,
He went by Dorian's gym...
Snapped those photos for Dorians archive.
And the rest is history.

THE GUY WHO TOOK THE PICS. POSTED THAT HERE.

Your a fucking idiot.

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 10:07:47 PM »
Hopefully this will be a decent analogy. I owned a recording
studio for 9 years. I made albums for some record companies
and meticulously did mike placement, set up, effects ect. to get the
best sound possible. I did alot of demos that were rushed and
did the bare basics to get them in and out. Some of those quick demos
sounded better than the expensive albums we made. I think he did just
come in and take the pics with no fancy setup, lighting ect.
BUT...the fact is they came out incredible regardless of the energy
spent to make them great.

Jean Paul Gaultier

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Naomi Russell
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »
Dorian Yates looks like 100 pounds of dog shit in a 5 pound bag, any year! Worst Mr. Olympia of all time. Makes Jay Cutler look like Flex Wheeler.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2007, 01:47:47 AM »

Its amazing how fucking stupid you are , its amazing the lengths you will go to to try and salvage your stupid opinions . you committed to a very ignorant statement ( not the first time ) and you were utterly crushed for it and now as usual you try to dismiss everyone its sad , no seriously its sad

the professional bodybuilding photographer who took the series of photos in question specifically stated that from a technical standpoint the picture was terrible which just crushes your massively stupid statement that the pics where taken in ' highly controlled lighting conditions '

the pictures were NEVER intended for publication , they were for Dorian's personal use to gauge his progress from year-to-year upon seeing them McGough who said it was the best physique since Sergio Oliva decided to publish them in Flex and people to this day are still talking about them

You're finished Hulkster you're beyond being taken seriously anymore

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 01:52:20 AM »
Your a fucking idiot.
The guy who took those pics came on here and said,
He went by Dorian's gym...
Snapped those photos for Dorians archive.
And the rest is history.

THE GUY WHO TOOK THE PICS. POSTED THAT HERE.

Your a fucking idiot.

I mean can you believe how stupid this kid is? I mean seriously lol he's arguing with the guy who took the pictures lol

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 02:42:25 AM »
The thing about all this 'technically terrible' stuff is that it means nothing because Dorian never looked as good as in these photos at any other time in his carreer. So your argument is basically that "Dorian is better than Ronnie because Dorian's true best is even better than those awesome all-time-best photos". The speculative nature of this argument is just that, speculation. It's the same as saying "Dorian was better because although he doesn't look as good as Ronnie in pictures or on video he had something magical in person." Now these may both be true, but they are also arguments based on guess work as to how much better he really looked in the flesh than in photos. Now ND I know you realise all this anyway, so I think 'technically terrible' can be laid to rest.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 03:59:48 AM »
I mean can you believe how stupid this kid is? I mean seriously lol he's arguing with the guy who took the pictures lol

so would anyone with a brain.

you are as gullible, stupid and naive as they come.

If I want to make myself look better as a photographer, of course I am going to say they are 'technically horrible'..

even if I put lots of time into them.

its called marketing yourself.

you are naive and stupid if you think the photos from that shoot are halfassed.

you cannnot dispute this fact.

your lack of basic intelligence and simple know how is amazing.

:-\

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2007, 04:00:57 AM »
ND did you even take the time to LOOK at the lighting/shadows and contrast in those shots?

do you not UNDERSTAND that they were not 'technically horrible'?

they are VERY WELL DONE you fucking idiot..

Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2007, 04:25:28 AM »
270 in 1997 at the prejudging

He was 266 lbs for the pre-judging and 274 lbs at the night show.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 11:49:13 AM »
The thing about all this 'technically terrible' stuff is that it means nothing because Dorian never looked as good as in these photos at any other time in his carreer. So your argument is basically that "Dorian is better than Ronnie because Dorian's true best is even better than those awesome all-time-best photos". The speculative nature of this argument is just that, speculation. It's the same as saying "Dorian was better because although he doesn't look as good as Ronnie in pictures or on video he had something magical in person." Now these may both be true, but they are also arguments based on guess work as to how much better he really looked in the flesh than in photos. Now ND I know you realise all this anyway, so I think 'technically terrible' can be laid to rest.

Dorian never looked as good as these photos photos at any other time in his career says who? you ? look at the side by side of Yates from 1993 a few weeks out to 1994 a few weeks out just as impressive

So your argument is basically that "Dorian is better than Ronnie because Dorian's true best is even better than those awesome all-time-best photos".

No thats not my argument not by a long shot , my argument is Dorian would beat Ronnie because he simply meets the judging criteria better than Ronnie does period.

and its not speculation that Dorian would look better than he did in the black & white photos and why? because part of the judging criteria is conditioning & density and while Dorian is amazingly hard and dry at that weight he usually didn't compete at that weight because his conditioning had to be 100% spot on and Dorian was 9 pounds lighter in 1995 with spot on conditioning , so entertaining what you THOUGHT was my argument Dorian has looked better than in those black & white pics I think I proved my case

It's the same as saying "Dorian was better because although he doesn't look as good as Ronnie in pictures or on video he had something magical in person." Now these may both be true, but they are also arguments based on guess work as to how much better he really looked in the flesh than in photos. Now ND I know you realise all this anyway, so I think 'technically terrible' can be laid to rest.

No these are NOT arguments based on guesswork I know you're as casual visitor to the thread so perhaps you missed these quotes , this isn't guess work these are from eyewitnesses who specifically mention the fact Yates simply doesn't look as good in person as he does in print or video

Flex magazine Jan 1992 on Dorian Yates

" Dorian has the type of physique that looks much better and more powerfull in person than photos. I personally saw him onstage , and Yates if definitely light years ahead of the way he looks in photos.

MuscleMag International Feb 1994 on Dorian Yates at the 1993 Mr Olympia

" He's huge , absolutely HUGE ...he's ripped completely RIPPED. And while he's not in possession of the prettiest physique body by a long shot , he's equipped with all the bodyparts you need to win .

Combine this with the fact that he's 10 TIMES more impressive when you see him onstage at the Olympia than he is in pictures or on videos and you got yourself a winner.

" Chris Cormier standing next to Dorian onstage he sensed ' radiation coming off him , like an aura. ' The power of that muscle was tangible. It exerted a force all of its own.  Cormier thought ' I might as well forget about this guy and concentrate on being second. ' There was something else , too , strange. You had to witness him in the flesh. such granite hradness had a property that could nor be held on film or caught on paper. You had to see it live.

Peter McGough Flex Magazine May 2002

Let it be said that the camera can lie at physique contests. Some guys look great onstage but not so great on final film (Dorian Yates, for one) and vice versa (Shawn Ray is an example).

No guessing needed its comes from a number of credible sources who all felt compelled to mention that and no we can't lay the ' terrible from a technical standpoint ' to rest , how about we take it on the authority of the photographer of the picture , also keep in mind these photos were NEVER intended for publication they were for personal use and they were informal so anyone who contradicts this claim is a fucking idiot with an agenda and bias

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
so would anyone with a brain.

you are as gullible, stupid and naive as they come.

If I want to make myself look better as a photographer, of course I am going to say they are 'technically horrible'..

even if I put lots of time into them.

its called marketing yourself.

you are naive and stupid if you think the photos from that shoot are halfassed.

you cannnot dispute this fact.

your lack of basic intelligence and simple know how is amazing.

Hulkster you're a fucking idiot plain & simple you're full of excuses for your ignorance , I don't fucking care what you type at this point its the ramblings of a retard , you're directly contradicting the guy who took the shots and why? because it proves you know not a damn thing , you have to TRY and prove this big conspiracy theory that they were indeed masterfully done and it was an elaborate ruse to make us all ohh and ahhh and praise the abilities of a great photographer already , and low and behold Hulkster the internet-fan-boy once again figured it all out sitting at home in Canada on his PC , if Kevin Horton says it was technically a terrible shot it was period , end of sentence .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »
ND, learn something about photography or shut the fuck up.

you really need to take some courses on both philosophy and photography because you apparently know jack shit about both of them..

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2007, 03:23:59 PM »
ND, learn something about photography or shut the fuck up.

you really need to take some courses on both philosophy and photography because you apparently know jack shit about both of them..

Moron learn something about bodybuilding before you commit to your massively ignorant comments  ;) and again we see a pattern of Hulkster the internet-fan-boy's critique getting demolished what does an idiot do? tell the professional photographer he's wrong , so lets see now Hulkster is a IFBB Judge , a Professional Bodybuilding Writer , he's a Professional Photographer and a Professional Philosopher  all from the comfort of his home

you make me laugh Hulkster  :)