Author Topic: Question ...  (Read 796 times)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Question ...
« on: October 03, 2007, 12:57:42 AM »
I notice that the more Whole Foods I eat and the less Shakes I drink the more harder my Muscles are throughout the day ... although this may just be in my Head ... I've also seemed to notice that the more Shakes I drink and less Whole Foods I eat throughout the day the less Harder my Muscle are ... I've tried this time and time again and have gotten these results. Can anyone explain why this is so ... if it is, anyways ?

Also, I had a Pizza earlier Today ( I eat a pretty clean Diet, for the most part ) and felt a bit light-headed an Hour or so after eating it as well as lethargic ... why is this ?

I understand these questions may be a little out in " Left-Field ", however, I'm just trying to understand my Body a little bit better as well as overall Nutrition ... thanks, guys.  :) 

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Question ...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:48:24 AM »
You answered your own question: In understanding your own body you tried a few variables and found a solution. Everyone is different and we respond to different stimulus and diets. Simply put if you *like* having 'harder' muscles throughout the day stick with whole foods...you've proven this works for you where someone else would respond the opposite way.

As for the pizza thing, did you eat the 'whole' pizza? (boom boom)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 08:41:04 AM »

Also, I had a Pizza earlier Today ( I eat a pretty clean Diet, for the most part ) and felt a bit light-headed an Hour or so after eating it as well as lethargic ... why is this ?

Often times that's a result of too many simple carbs in relation to protein and fat in the same meal.  More meat would probably help (with the pizza).
:

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:33:18 PM »
Often times that's a result of too many simple carbs in relation to protein and fat in the same meal.  More meat would probably help (with the pizza).

Hey, thanks ! That's very interesting.

And, yes, BB ... I did eat the Whole Pizza.  :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 06:27:57 PM »
i wish i could eat a whole pizza, and not gain the weight of the pizza....

my fucking older brother could eat ten pizzas and not gain an ounce.  talk about getting the short end of the genetic metabolic stick, huh?   but then again....he has been lifting weights for about 5 years and doesnt weigh more than a buck 50.

Beejis60

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »
my fucking older brother could eat ten pizzas and not gain an ounce.  talk about getting the short end of the genetic metabolic stick, huh?   but then again....he has been lifting weights for about 5 years and doesnt weigh more than a buck 50.
Ectomorphs for the loss.....
With respect to the more food, less shakes idea, I found that to be true with most people.  It seems my physique as well as numerous others have started to tighten up with less whey shakes.  I have a 2lb tub of whey just sitting in my room and occasionally I'll dip into it if I'm running late for something or if I don't have any food.  This 2lb tub has lasted me since March or so and I'm about half-way through it.  The only shakes I take is Ultra Peptide at night and I sometimes use WPI for PWO.