Author Topic: BOB - WHAT HAPPENED WITH MORE COMPARISONS RULE?  (Read 10188 times)

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
Re: BOB - WHAT HAPPENED WITH MORE COMPARISONS RULE?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 11:30:45 AM »
Milos-

I agree 100% with everything you just said....

I too, would like to know why there werent sufficient/ adaquate comparisons...ANYONE in the top 5 should be compared, and especially where there are cross-over comparisons  Ex: ( top 5 are called, next 5 are called...I want to see 4,5,6,7 called next...)

I would also like to see what I call "fan friendly" callouts when they are within reason....Johnnie Jackson and Melvin...Darrem and JOJ, and Melvin, etc....all lend to more exciting show.

Solid post, I think everyone would like to see that done.
It's Hip to be Square!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »
Milos-

I agree 100% with everything you just said....

I too, would like to know why there werent sufficient/ adaquate comparisons...ANYONE in the top 5 should be compared, and especially where there are cross-over comparisons  Ex: ( top 5 are called, next 5 are called...I want to see 4,5,6,7 called next...)

I would also like to see what I call "fan friendly" callouts when they are within reason....Johnnie Jackson and Melvin...Darrem and JOJ, and Melvin, etc....all lend to more exciting show.

Can you tell us exactly why Wolf and Cutler weren't directly compared and why did Culter run whenever Wolf came near him?

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 11:33:09 AM »
only thing jay has on wolf is calves, and maybe upper back.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »
Can you tell us exactly why Wolf and Cutler weren't directly compared and why did Culter run whenever Wolf came near him?

Because he's "Runaway Jay"!
Ron: "I am lazy."

kilojoule

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 11:38:40 AM »
This is about as close as Cutler and Wolfe got..  :'(

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »
Regardless about what some of you guys think about Bob being a "companyman" I know that there a many things that he doesn't like that he would like to see changed for the benefit of the pros, but he can only do so much.

In exchange for publicly defending the IFBB's indefensible actions, Bob gets to sit at the table with the powers-that-be.  They make all the decisions, and if Bob says something they pretend to listen, pat him on the head, and then promptly ignore him and do what they want anyway.

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 11:41:29 AM »
clearly... the only "two" things Cutler got over Wolf are his bigger gut and calves.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
clearly... the only "two" things Cutler got over Wolf are his bigger gut and calves.

Cutler was smoother than Wolf as well.  Jay should get bonus points for his "awesome" smoothness, right?  ;D

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »
The only excuse that makes any sense for not comparing Dennis to Jay and Vic is that the judges knew that was a bad comparison for their bought champion.

100% True.  That picture is just missing one word:

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 11:57:24 AM »
This is about as close as Cutler and Wolfe got..  :'(

Look at how thick Cutler's waist is in that shot compared to Wolf.

Those two aren't even close, Wolf clearly. It's really not even close.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »
Awesome Post Milos and Chick.... This was the OLYMPIA!!!!!! the best of the best!!! all ahould have been done to insure the fairest best show possible, not have the biggest fourm on the www asking WTF is up?
-

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 12:06:49 PM »
Regardless about what some of you guys think about Bob being a "companyman" I know that there a many things that he doesn't like that he would like to see changed for the benefit of the pros, but he can only do so much.

Thanks Jimmy...

The callouts (except for the IM) in '07 have been great....and I believe the judges have done a very good job this year in making sure enough comparisons have been made.....HOWEVER...There is no excuse for not having every one projected to be in the top 5 compared...

There is only so much I can do...I asked for more comparisons...that's what I was assured would happen. The IM came and there was a miscommunication with the head judge who never received the new standards we had agreed upon...fine.....it was fixed and every show since then has been called the way it should have, and probably MORE comparisons than was necessary.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 12:11:32 PM »
Having the pre-judging on Friday night is also a problem.  The judges are going to make minimal callouts when they know that there's still women's bodybuilding & fitness to follow.  Move it back to Saturday and take as long as necessary to give everyone a good look.  Bob, is there any talk of this? 

That was of no consideration...the prejudging was over 2 hours long....and many comparisons were made...I just think some key comparisonss were not.

No...there are other considerations to moving the prejudging to Friday night...

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 12:16:20 PM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2007olympia_vids.htm

I could hardly talk...but I think I said what I had to...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »
Thanks Jimmy...

The callouts (except for the IM) in '07 have been great....and I believe the judges have done a very good job this year in making sure enough comparisons have been made.....HOWEVER...There is no excuse for not having every one projected to be in the top 5 compared...

There is only so much I can do...I asked for more comparisons...that's what I was assured would happen. The IM came and there was a miscommunication with the head judge who never received the new standards we had agreed upon...fine.....it was fixed and every show since then has been called the way it should have, and probably MORE comparisons than was necessary.

You're welcome.  :) I would like to add and since you are friends with Jim Rockell. At the competitors meeting in Montreal Jim handled things extemely well and treated the athletes with respect. Even when a couple of the guys showed up late he was very respectful towards these guys. He also warned everyone ahead of time that there would be many comarisons made and let me tell you that these guys were compared bigtime!!! Hell I was even getting tired watching.  ;D

More than a few guys were backstage on their backs during the show needing to rest between comparsions. Jim even gave the guys a few breaks and water was handed out also. I didn't get the chance to tell Jim (not that he would know me  ;D) how impressed I was with how things were done so maybe you could for me if you ever get the chance.

As to why this didn't happen at the Olympia my guess would be that someone else was maybe in charge of the callouts and comparisons.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 12:27:25 PM »
I knew it was going to be corrupt when I saw Jay's pic next to this on the webcast.

I love how even Joe Weider can be bought.  ::)

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 12:29:25 PM »
You're welcome.  :) I would like to add and since you are friends with Jim Rockell. At the competitors meeting in Montreal Jim handled things extemely well and treated the athletes with respect. Even when a couple of the guys showed up late he was very respectful towards these guys. He also warned everyone ahead of time that there would be many cpmarisons made and let me tell you that these guys were compared bigtime!!! Hell I was een getting tired watching.  ;D

More than a few guys were backstage on their backs during the show needing to rest between comparsions. Jim even gave the guys a few breaks and water was handed out also. I didn't get the chance to tell Jim (not that he would know me  ;D) how impressed I was with how things were done so maybe you could for me if you ever get the chance.

As to why this didn't happen at the Olympia my guess would be that someone else was maybe in charge of the callouts and comparisons.

Yes Jim someone else was in charge of the callouts and comparisons at the Olympia.  He goes by the name Muscletech.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 12:38:07 PM »
Yes Jim someone else was in charge of the callouts and comparisons at the Olympia.  He goes by the name Muscletech.

No dude here are the 7 Judges Name's:     ;D

Hydroxycut
Cell-Tech
Nitro-Tech
Adoplan
Leukic
Gakkic
Meso-Tech

2 Fill in's if needed:

Creakic
Nanavapor

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »
No dude here are the 7 Judges Name's:     ;D

Hydroxycut
Cell-Tech
Nitro-Tech
Adoplan
Leukic
Gakkic
Meso-Tech

2 Fill in's if needed:

Creakic
Nanavapor

well done

;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »
You're welcome.  :) I would like to add and since you are friends with Jim Rockell. At the competitors meeting in Montreal Jim handled things extemely well and treated the athletes with respect. Even when a couple of the guys showed up late he was very respectful towards these guys. He also warned everyone ahead of time that there would be many comarisons made and let me tell you that these guys were compared bigtime!!! Hell I was even getting tired watching.  ;D

Agreed...Jim has done a great job this year.

As per the Olympia...I don't have a big problem other than the obvious...Wolf not getting a callout against Jay. Melvin even got compared to Jay (twice I believe) and ended up finishing BEHIND Wolf....

Other than that, I think the callouts were decent....other than the fan callouts which I would have liked for show appeal...

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »
WELL - HERE IS IDEA....

Why don't we have 2 or more callouts that AUDIENCE can call...or viewers of the broadcast?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 01:00:34 PM »
Or instead of CHALLENGE ROUND - having top ten (at least) choosing a callout against 3-5 guys of their choice?

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »
Or instead of CHALLENGE ROUND - having top ten (at least) choosing a callout against 3-5 guys of their choice?

OOOHHHHHHHH,   thats an idea!  Each guy in the top ten gets to pick a 5 man callout!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »
OOOHHHHHHHH,   thats an idea!  Each guy in the top ten gets to pick a 5 man callout!

Nothing like a contest that will last like 5 hours.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »
Nothing like a contest that will last like 5 hours.

Good point.  I suppose you could get the same group of guys going through 10 rounds of posing.  My Bad.