Author Topic: Dennis Wolf's Dilemma  (Read 3427 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Dennis Wolf's Dilemma
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:24:42 PM »
O.K. you're Dennis Wolf you just made a great impact at the Olympia what do you do now?

take 2008 off and focus on improving and compete only at the Olympia , because he already qualified for the next year

or does he compete at the smaller shows and the Arnold and start making some cash ? he's established himself as a top tear pro who could beat anyone at the other shows so what does he do now? and since the Olympia his guestposing demand is going to be in high demand.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Dennis Wolf's Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »
O.K. you're Dennis Wolf you just made a great impact at the Olympia what do you do now?

take 2008 off and focus on improving and compete only at the Olympia , because he already qualified for the next year

or does he compete at the smaller shows and the Arnold and start making some cash ? he's established himself as a top tear pro who could beat anyone at the other shows so what does he do now? and since the Olympia his guestposing demand is going to be in high demand.
slap some bitches around at the Arnold, then walk into the Olympia and piss on everyone's day.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:26:51 PM »

If I was hem I would go for the Arnold’s classic…

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 06:28:51 PM »

Work on getting contracts from Muscletech and Weider so the judges don't screw him over next year too!
Ron: "I am lazy."

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 06:29:31 PM »
I would not compete if I were him..He could make more from guest posing and showing up at the expos
Here comes the money shot

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 06:31:14 PM »
Do the Arnold, the show before the Arnold as a tune up (Ironman?) and the O.
It's Hip to be Square!

affy

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »
getting a Muscletech contract should be the only thing he should be focusing on in 2008

once he gets that on lockdown, the arnold and olympia will follow

it doesn't matter how much more amazing he can look with time off and not doing contests...if he doesn't have a muscletech contract, he wont win shit

sad but true

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »
getting a Muscletech contract should be the only thing he should be focusing on in 2008

once he gets that on lockdown, the arnold and olympia will follow

it doesn't matter how much more amazing he can look with time off and not doing contests...if he doesn't have a muscletech contract, he wont win shit

sad but true

Exactly.  He had the best physique on stage at the O and got 5th!  His problem ain't his body, it's his sponsorships/affiliations.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Frank.T

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 06:38:53 PM »

Work on getting contracts from Muscletech and Weider so the judges don't screw him over next year too!

Thats maybe the best thing to do.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 06:39:12 PM »
Exactly.  He had the best physique on stage at the O and got 5th!  His problem ain't his body, it's his sponsorships/affiliations.

Some people could say it was his handjob

;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 06:47:25 PM »
Do the Arnold, the show before the Arnold as a tune up (Ironman?) and the O.

a few years ago Ronnie said that you can only peak once per year..wolf should follow that rule
Here comes the money shot

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 06:53:10 PM »
a few years ago Ronnie said that you can only peak once per year..wolf should follow that rule

Jay only competed once this year and missed the peak by a mile. I'd think some people could peak more than once per year but not when the contests are close together.

affy

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 06:54:59 PM »
this whole peaking idea is bullshit

silvio and wolf both "peaked" several times this year

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »
Definitely do the Arnold for money and the hummer...FUCK, no thats bad for the environment  >:(
follow the arrows

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 06:55:52 PM »
NOT BOTHER COMPETING UNTIL 2009 COS THAT IS THE ONLY TIME JUDGES WILL GIVE HIM A REAL SHOT AT MR.O
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
Dennis Wolf should  make as much money as he can. Period.

He's 28 years old, he's got time to win the Olympia. It's going to be tough for anyone to win it as long as Jay and Muscletech and all this political bullshit is going on.

Go to the Arnold and get a big payday.

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:57 PM »
if i was him id do the arnold, then the O

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »
He said in an interview with Dave that if he made the top 10, he would just do the O next year.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:22 PM »
The Arnold no longer gives out the Hummer.
I'd wait for the O if I were Dennis, too young and too big, needs to continue what has been doing. Dont try too hard to change what's not broken and focus dialing in his diet a bit more while bringing down his Lats and bringing up his calves.
He'll be fine in 2 yrs time tops! 8)
S. Ray

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 01:54:39 AM »
I'd wait for the O if I were Dennis, too young and too big, needs to continue what has been doing. Dont try too hard to change what's not broken and focus dialing in his diet a bit more while bringing down his Lats and bringing up his calves.
S. Ray

Great post ! its sums up what I've been saying he needs a couple of years to make improvements before he's ready to knock out the big boys .

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 01:55:51 AM »
S. Ray

My thoughts exactly ! Great post, Shawn !

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 01:59:54 AM »
i usually 'peak' once per night

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 02:03:56 AM »
Damn, so what replaces the Hummer?

Its hard to say. Wolf would have a good chance of winning the Arnold i reckon, maybe even more so if Vic didn't do it. But then again, he might just be better off training all year for the Olympia. Either way, he has  plenty of time on his side.
No doubt about it...

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 02:15:29 AM »
Yeah but as we all know a lot of guys come and go really quick in this sport, he needs to do the Arnold and the O i'd say, but stay away from the little ones unless they are in close timeframe. He needs to be smart and not burn out....but at the same time his stock is on the way up atm and the fans love him, he needs to keep it that way, not disappear for a year or so 8). Very tough calls for him :-\.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 02:24:56 AM »
He has no need to improve anything. He could show up a little more ripped and win the O. He's just 1000x better than anyone around today. This is the new Ronnie Coleman.