Author Topic: Weight of "O" competitors  (Read 2376 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Weight of "O" competitors
« on: October 04, 2007, 06:21:37 AM »
Were the weights ever released?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Weight of "O" competitors
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 08:10:38 AM »
They dont weigh-in at the pro level...

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 08:12:08 AM »

Carrying all that water along with such a pissy attitude, I wouldn't exactly call Jay 'professional'

Addicted to the Steal

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 08:15:25 AM »
epic posting comparison pictures from different and unfair angles.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 08:17:21 AM »

You have been officially challenged to post ONE pic where Cutler owns Wolf in a side by side.

Tick.. tock...
Addicted to the Steal

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:18:53 AM »

"And when the levee breaks got no place to stay"

great song

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 08:19:37 AM »
You have been officially challenged to post ONE pic where Cutler owns Wolf in a side by side.

Tick.. tock...
i don't think there is one but if you're going to post one make sure it's one where they are at the same level onstage and Jay's hands are toughing like Dennis' are in that shot, Jay's hands are at least 8 inches apart and his arms aren't fully flexed, if his hands were together he would look much bigger and more compact like Dennis does.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 08:20:38 AM »
"And when the levee breaks got no place to stay"

great song
"said it's got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home"......."GOING TO CHICAGO!!"

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 08:24:03 AM »

Cmon now, some of these guys had to be revealing their weights, whether true or not

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 08:26:11 AM »
i don't think there is one but if you're going to post one make sure it's one where they are at the same level onstage and Jay's hands are toughing like Dennis' are in that shot, Jay's hands are at least 8 inches apart and his arms aren't fully flexed, if his hands were together he would look much bigger and more compact like Dennis does.

I dont understand... they're side by side, both fully flexed in their most muscular here.

What's to miss?  Jay is getting chopped up here.
Addicted to the Steal

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »
I dont understand... they're side by side, both fully flexed in their most muscular here.

What's to miss?  Jay is getting chopped up here.
sell that one to the tourists, i know better, Jay isn't fully flexed there and they're two different pictures, nice try though.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 08:34:50 AM »

Tick.. tock...

Some people just aren't photogenic....take Yates for example.   The camera never did him justice, but see the man live on tv or in person.....he was fvckin insanely monstrous!!!   Same thing with Cutler...he takes a great pic 50% of the time, but watch him live or see him in person and he's 110% all the time....even when compared to the mighty Wolfe.   

Contests aren't judged by pics....they are judged live and in person.

Wolfe is a great bb and he's got the fan hype right now.  Fans wanted Mentzer to catch Arnold.  Fans wanted Gaspari or Labrada to catch Haney.  Fans wanted Yates to catch Haney.  Fans wanted Flex to catch Yates.  Fans wanted Czurlock to catch Yates.  Fans wanted Levrone to catch Yates.  Fans wanted Fux to catch Yates.   Fans wanted Nasser to catch Yates.   Fans wanted Cutler to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Gunter to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Badell to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Mustafa to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Martinez to catch Cutler.  Fans now want Wolfe (the new golden boy) to catch Cutler. 

Fans are fickle and want the champ they just finished cheering for to fall immediately once on top by the new golden boy of the moment.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 08:39:53 AM »

so why penalize Dennis because Jay doesn't pose accentuate his positives?
Here comes the money shot

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 08:41:33 AM »
so why penalize Dennis because Jay doesn't pose accentuate his positives?
i'm not saying you should, all i'm saying is that if you're going to compare them put them next to each other doing the EXACT SAME POSE and i'll gauantee you that Jay would look a lot beter and more even with Dennis.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 08:42:05 AM »
Some people just aren't photogenic....take Yates for example.   The camera never did him justice, but see the man live on tv or in person.....he was fvckin insanely monstrous!!!   Same thing with Cutler...he takes a great pic 50% of the time, but watch him live or see him in person and he's 110% all the time....even when compared to the mighty Wolfe.

Wolfe is a great bb and he's got the fan hype right now.  Fans wanted Mentzer to catch Arnold.  Fans wanted Gaspari or Labrada to catch Haney.  Fans wanted Yates to catch Haney.  Fans wanted Flex to catch Yates.  Fans wanted Czurlock to catch Yates.  Fans wanted Levrone to catch Yates.  Fans wanted Fux to catch Yates.   Fans wanted Nasser to catch Yates.   Fans wanted Cutler to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Gunter to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Badell to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Mustafa to catch Coleman.  Fans wanted Martinez to catch Cutler.  Fans now want Wolfe (the new golden boy) to catch Cutler. 

Fans are fickle and want the champ they just finished cheering for to fall immediately once on top by the new golden boy of the moment.

Beautiful statement. I couldnt agree more, I was there and during the posedown i thought jay owned wolf. And during the posedown wolf never left jays side

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 08:43:28 AM »

Tick.. tock...

Since the judges never put them side by side, it's impossible. HOWEVER, someone could make a photoshop like the one above that makes Cutler closer to the camera, and thus, more massive.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »
Contests are not judged by pics....the winner is determined live and in person.   A picture says a thousand words.....well a live person says a million.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 08:54:31 AM »
Contests are not judged by pics....the winner is determined live and in person.   A picture says a thousand words.....well a live person says a million.

true

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »

Contests aren't judged by pics....they are judged live and in person.

Great post...

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 09:12:46 AM »
i'm not saying you should, all i'm saying is that if you're going to compare them put them next to each other doing the EXACT SAME POSE and i'll gauantee you that Jay would look a lot beter and more even with Dennis.

I'm with squadfather with this one...
Most are all show no go!

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 09:18:24 AM »
Were the weights ever released?

I always take the weights with a HUGE pinch of salt - Arnold at his heaviest contest weight was 235 Pounds. These guys are much leaner and claim to be 260/280/295 !!!! I don't buy it ....

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 09:29:13 AM »
"said it's got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home"......."GOING TO CHICAGO!!"

Yesterday's had me for awhile,kept thinking Rush-freewill.
But I got it,Yes-owner of the lonely heart

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »
Finally some people with some actual sense around here. As much as I love Wolf, and Milos for that matter, Dennis doesnt deserve to be Mr O yet.  Those pictures are completley different than the webcast and judging by every single person that would be considered an expert who was ACTUALLY THERE,except for Milos, Albert Busek, and Flex Wheeler ( like he counts anyways) had Jay in first all the way through. Even Chris Cormier. why the hell would Chris Cormier give two shits about Jay?
( even tho Cutler supervised his posing for a min)

Look at the pre-judging report from , Chris Cormier, Shawn Perine,Allan Donnelly and Dan Solomon. You cant tell me all FOUR are completely delusional and paid off or bias or we...Peter McGough also mentioned Cutler improving through the whole show.

Some people saying the report is fake? I dont think so for one second. Thats too complicated and crazy think someone made all this shit up.. these guys are respectable people in the IFBB and experts with their own opinions I dont think they want someone else writing what they think about OTHER ATHLETES that they see/work with on a REGULAR BASIS.

Ok guys, here are some predictions for the top 6

Shawn Perine
1. Jay Cutler
2. Victor Martinez
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Dennis Wolf
5. Melvin Anthony
6. Silvio Samuel

Chris Cormier
1. Jay Cutler
2. Victor Martinez
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Ronnie Coleman
5. Melvin Anthony
6. Dennis Wolf

Allan Donnelly
1. Jay Cutler
2. Victor Martinez
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Melvin Anthony
5. Ronnie Coleman
6. Dennis Wolf

Dan Solomon
1. Jay Cutler
2. Victor Martinez
3. Dexter Jackson
4. Melvin Anthony
5. Dennis Wolf
6. Ronnie Coleman

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 09:43:12 AM »
Fans wanted Mustafa to catch Coleman.

Mustafa never sniffed the top 6.  the only thing the fans w\ever wanted him to do was come in shape and pay Milos back! ;D

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 09:43:15 AM »
also.... I would really love to see a weigh in and some measurements from these guys.... for the entire history of bodybuilding bodbuilders kept track and published all of this it was almost essential to their training wasnt it? Now people dont even care. Im tired of.. its "how you look not how much you weight/measure" .. both are important...

maybe that is one reason bodybuilders dont have such great proportions compared to back in the goldgen age??

If you are measuring your waist once a every month or two, your damn right you are going to be concerned if you see it grow 2 inches. but if you are just looking at it its so bias most people, including yourself are going to say it didnt get bigger especially if everything else grew.. but.. before you know it..( like ronnie coleman) your waistis going to be 50 inches and then its too late.

Honestly why would a conscious bodybuilder get things so out of hand? I dont think they would if they knew what was happening instead of letting their eyes do all the feedback.