Author Topic: Ever seen a pro train? No, Seriously....  (Read 3663 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Ever seen a pro train? No, Seriously....
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »

the most intense pro workout ever. check out the 4 25lbs plates on the t-bar row.

Whatever dude....Dillet was fucking gigantic, most muscle on one person ive ever seen

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
the biggest waste of time is trying to prove how "hardcore" you are by doing excessively intense workouts. who said stimulate don't annihilate?

Do you approach everything in life with the attitude that you want to do as little as possible to get by?

"Overtraining" is a word thrown out there by the lazy or those that rely on drugs for stimulus.  99% of the people who ever enter a gym do not work hard enough to get to where they want to be physically.  

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 01:59:12 PM »
i dont know what drug you are refering to...but back in my pot-head days i would smoke a blunt before the gym almost everyday...   the one positive thing it did for me was create a HUGE mind muscle connection. before i worked out high...i could never isolate my chest or back to any type of degree. i was always using front delts when trying to workout chest, and always using biceps for my back....training blown gave me the ability to almost COMPLETELY isolate the chest and back muscle groups. 

...one thing about back is, good form, looks like sloppy form. you always see top pros using lots of momentum and sway when working out their backs...and many of your criticize their form; but in reality, the best way to fully isolate your lats is to get a good rythmic sway during your reps.

Sounds like a fucking muscletech ad!  MIND MUSCLE CONNECTION BABY!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 02:00:52 PM »
Any of you fucktards who knew anything about bodybuilding knows that many of the videos are shot within a few weeks of a contest.  Those guys are so fucking drained and depleted that it can be hard to just pick up the weight, much less go all out with their normal off season weights.  RETARDED THREAD :P

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »
Sounds like a fucking muscletech ad!  MIND MUSCLE CONNECTION BABY!
a muscletech ad for WEED. lol

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 02:07:22 PM »
a muscletech ad for WEED. lol

Please explain to me the mind-muscle connection you speak of.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »
a lot of people (pro or not) rarely train till failure so they can train a bodypart 2-3 times a week

Good excuse. It's not a problem to train to failure with frequency; we're in the era of extreme less is more and minimalist training frequency but that doesn't make it the most effective or other ways less good either.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
the biggest waste of time is trying to prove how "hardcore" you are by doing excessively intense workouts. who said stimulate don't annihilate?

Really? How can you be sure that taking it easy is as good or better? You can't.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 02:19:12 PM »
Do you approach everything in life with the attitude that you want to do as little as possible to get by?

"Overtraining" is a word thrown out there by the lazy or those that rely on drugs for stimulus.  99% of the people who ever enter a gym do not work hard enough to get to where they want to be physically.  

Ya, what's happened in the last couple of decades is so much of the HIT less is more theory applied to volume training, all with the assumption that you have to baby yourself AKA nice excuse to take it easy "and you'll still grow"  ::) You might grow but there's no way to know if you've maximized gains sitting there picking your ass.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 02:54:18 PM »
for those of you that dont know, pumpster does NOT even go to a gym.

he uses a bowflex in his home gym, which is actually the largest room in his 1 bedroom apt.

for more clarification and prove, see the 'truce' thread - he posted pictures.

by the way, he is also a mod on the training forum and deletes my posts when i state who the others are getting their advice from.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2007, 04:57:21 PM »
some things you have to remember:

many of the pros worked alot harder when they where up and coming. if you want longevity you have to scale back the intensity at some point. (cant be squatting 550+ lbs every session)

why work hard when you got all the muscle (thanks to years of drugs+ solid training)?

dillet was lazy yes but one of the best bodybuilders of all time (dillet>yates)

a "natural" has to focus alot more on (slowly) progressively increasing weight ....a steroid user can to some extent let the drugs (increase in dosage) take care of the progressiveness lifting heavier (still have to work hard tho)

etc

many pros are lazy mofos..but thats not the whole picture (some are just lazy periods of time..some were hard workers but got lazy after years of training ...)