Author Topic: How come no PRO bodybuilders will admit to using dinitrophenol DNP?  (Read 8320 times)

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
Stuff is great, i can still eat cookies on my way to shredded gluts... ;D

I mean come on some of these guys get so fat offseason, then come in ripped to the bone 12 weeks later....

But not one pro has admitted to using this stuff >:(

Any guesses as to who uses this stuff...

Seems safer than Insulin,,,

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: How come no PRO bodybuilders will admit to using dinitrophenol DNP?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 08:24:56 AM »
the stuff sounds very dangerous.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 08:40:17 AM »
the stuff sounds very dangerous.

When has that stopped Bodybuilders before?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:42:43 AM »
Yeah, you see bodybuilders weighing 320 lbs competing at a shredded 260 a few short months later, having kept all their muscle but shed all their fat...

I would venture to say that the main credit for that doesn't go to cardio...

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 08:44:44 AM »
Yeah, you see bodybuilders weighing 320 lbs competing at a shredded 260 a few short months later, having kept all their muscle but shed all their fat...

I would venture to say that the main credit for that doesn't go to cardio...

Are you saying this is how Dave Henry and Dexter claim to do no cardio?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 08:50:22 AM »
Are you saying this is how Dave Henry and Dexter claim to do no cardio?

No, I'm not saying that. I don't know much or care much about either one.

The particular person I had in mind was young Trey Brewer. Dude's off-season weight was in the 315-330 range, but competed in the 250's-260's last december, now he's back in that offseason range. That's a lot of fluctuation, and I'm not saying he's taking this or that...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:54:46 AM »
The LD50 of DNP is less than 4 times the minimum effective dose.  Only an idiot with a deathwish would use DNP.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
The LD50 of DNP is less than 4 times the minimum effective dose.  Only an idiot with a deathwish would use DNP.  ::)

another clown trying to sound like he knows something, when i fact he's never used the stuff at all.

keep reading and spouting off about something you know nothing about.

dnp if used properly is an awesome fat burner. i wouldnt use it again just due to the discomfort associated with its use.

it makes you so uncomfortable, that just the act of walking seems difficult. drains you of any/all energy you have.

that being said, i'd rather go thru 4-6 weeks more diet/ cardio than run this stuff again, and i have used it on 4 different occasions, so my opinion isnt based on one shot, or what i read like the idiot who posted above me.

b

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 09:43:16 AM »
Stuff is great, i can still eat cookies on my way to shredded gluts... ;D

I mean come on some of these guys get so fat offseason, then come in ripped to the bone 12 weeks later....

But not one pro has admitted to using this stuff >:(

Any guesses as to who uses this stuff...

Seems safer than Insulin,,,

DNP is potentially life threatening. Yes, it is like doing cardio 24/7 but the damage it does to body temperature and the heart makes it poisonous.
I hate the State.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »
I love it when bodybuilders say they do "last minute adjustments" in their hotel rooms, hahaha, all drugs.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 10:38:41 AM »
I love it when bodybuilders say they do "last minute adjustments" in their hotel rooms, hahaha, all drugs.

Matt is there something?  Are you implying that bodybuilders aren't using waxy maize starch to supercompensate their muscles, while using herbal diuretics in there hotel rooms as last minute adjustments?

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 10:39:45 AM »
another clown trying to sound like he knows something, when i fact he's never used the stuff at all.

dnp if used properly is an awesome fat burner. i wouldnt use it again just due to the discomfort associated with its use.

it makes you so uncomfortable, that just the act of walking seems difficult. drains you of any/all energy you have.

that being said, i'd rather go thru 4-6 weeks more diet/ cardio than run this stuff again, and i have used it on 4 different occasions, so my opinion isnt based on one shot, or what i read like the idiot who posted above me.

Not the smartest person on the board are you? (or anyone who uses this shit)..........DNP just another excuse, and a deadly one to get out of hard dieting. Let me ask you, do actually know anything about it or the compounds that make it up? Just because your dumb (and lazy enough) to use doesn't mean you know about it. Fuck lazy people make me sick!!

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »

Read this moron........

2,4-DINITROPHENOL

Please Note: The main sources of information for this fact sheet are EPA's Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS), which contains information on the oral chronic toxicity of 2,4-dinitrophenol and the RfD, and the National Research Council's Drinking Water and Health. Other secondary sources include the Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), a database of summaries of peer-reviewed literature, and the Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS), a database of toxic effects that are not peer reviewed.

Environmental/Occupational Exposure

* Little information is available on environmental exposure to 2,4-dinitrophenol. The available data suggest that exposure to 2,4-dinitrophenol occurs primarily from pesticide runoff to water. (1)
Assessing Personal Exposure

* No data were located concerning personal exposure to 2,4-dinitrophenol.
Health Hazard Information

Acute Effects:

* Acute (short-term) oral exposure to high levels of 2,4-dinitrophenol in humans has resulted in nausea, vomiting, sweating, dizziness, headache, loss of weight, and other symptoms. The lethal oral dose is reported to be 14 to 43 mg/kg. (2)
* 2,4-Dinitrophenol is considered to have high acute toxicity, based on short-term animal tests such as the LD50 tests in rats and mice. (3)

Chronic Effects (Noncancer):

* Chronic (long-term) oral exposure to 2,4-dinitrophenol in humans and animals has resulted in the formation of cataracts and skin lesions and has caused effects on the bone marrow, central nervous system, and cardiovascular system. (2)
* The RfD for 2,4-dinitrophenol is 0.002 mg/kg/d based on cataract formation in humans. (4)

* EPA has low confidence in the study on which the RfD was based since this study only describes anecdotal data; low confidence in the database since the supporting database is meager; and, consequently, low confidence in the RfD. (4)

* EPA has determined that there are inadequate data for the establishment of an RfC for 2,4-dinitrophenol. (4)

* EPA's Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards, for a hazard ranking under Section 112 (g) of the Clean Air Act Amendments, has evaluated 2,4-dinitrophenol for chronic toxicity and has given it a composite score of 30 (scores range from 1 to 100, with 100 being the most toxic). These scores are nonlinear and are the product of two ratings: a rating based on the minimal-effect-dose and a rating based on the type of effect. (1)

* EPA's Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards, for a hazard ranking under Section 112 (g) of the Clean Air Act Amendments, considers 2,4-dinitrophenol to be a "high concern" pollutant based on severe chronic toxicity. (1)

Reproductive/Developmental Effects:

* No information is available on the reproductive or developmental effects of 2,4-dinitrophenol in humans.
* The available animal studies reported fetal growth inhibition, but no birth defects in the offspring of animals fed 2,4-dinitrophenol. (5)

Cancer Risk:

* No information is available on the carcinogenic effects of 2,4-dinitrophenol in humans.
* One oral study in mice reported no tumor formation after 6 months exposure, but another study reported that 2,4-dinitrophenol did not promote tumor development in mice. (5)

* EPA has not classified 2,4-dinitrophenol for potential carcinogenicity. (1)

Physical Properties

* The chemical formula for 2,4-dinitrophenol is C6H4N2O5 and the molecular weight is 184.11 g/mol. (6)
* The vapor pressure for 2,4-dinitrophenol is 1.42 H 10-7 mm Hg at 25 EC, and its log octanol/water partition coefficient is 1.91. (7)

* 2,4-Dinitrophenol exists as yellowish crystals, is slightly soluble in water, and is volatile with steam. (6)

* The odor threshold for 2,4-dinitrophenol is not available.

Uses

* 2,4-Dinitrophenol is used in the manufacture of dyes and wood preservatives and as a pesticide. (6)
* 2,4-Dinitrophenol is also used as an indicator for the detection of potassium and ammonium ions. (6)

Health Data from Oral Exposure

Concentration (mg/kg/d)
 Health numbersa
 Regulatory, advisory numbersb
 Reference

_
_

_

_

* LD50 (cats) (75 mg/kg)
* LD50 (mice) (45 mg/kg)

* LD50 (rats) (30 mg/kg)

_
_

_

_

* LOAELc (humans) (2 mg/kg/d)

_
_

_

_

_
_

_

_

_
_

_

_

* EPA RfD (0.002 mg/kg/d)

LD50 (Lethal Dose50)CA calculated dose of a chemical in water to which exposure for a specific length of time is expected to cause death in 50% of a defined experimental animal population.
LOAELCLowest-observed-adverse-effect level.

RfDCReference dose.

a Health numbers are toxicological numbers from animal testing or risk assessment values developed by EPA.

b Regulatory numbers are values that have been incorporated in Government regulations, while advisory numbers are nonregulatory values provided by the Government or other groups as advice.

c The LOAEL is from the critical study used as the basis for the EPA RfD.

References

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 11:02:45 AM »
The Risks are simply overstated...How many people have used this stuff successfully? Many? Don't forget this was once a legal dieting drug sold in the united states... :o

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 11:09:08 AM »
I believe his point was that he wouldn't take it based on experience versus based on something he read.  I can provide you 10 different articles on a subject that give 10 totally different points of view on something.  I believe what he was trying to say is that don't believe everything you read (much of which are scare tactics).  He, however, chose to make that point in a rather brash fashion.  The fact is DNP can be effective if used properly by someone who is healthy and knows what they are doing, but there are still risks, fatality being a very unlikely, but still possible one of them.

The Coach

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »
I believe his point was that he wouldn't take it based on experience versus based on something he read.  I can provide you 10 different articles on a subject that give 10 totally different points of view on something.  I believe what he was trying to say is that don't believe everything you read (much of which are scare tactics).  He, however, chose to make that point in a rather brash fashion.  The fact is DNP can be effective if used properly by someone who is healthy and knows what they are doing, but there are still risks, fatality being a very unlikely, but still possible one of them.

Taking something just for the sake you heard it was good for burning fat just isn't smart, before I take something that I am not sure about, I will make damn certain I will read and study on it first before I decise to take it. I WILL NOT get my info from BBing sites for this type of info just for the sake most will be bias towards it. I will get my info from mostly comprehensive medical studies from REAL researchers and look at the case studies.

In all the cases that I have read on DNP they all draw the same conclusions....it's deadly and dangerous, while one person might be fine on the minimal doses, the other can get violently sick, temp rises to dangerous levels, etc,etc,etc. Not only does it contain what is said in my previous post, it also contains properties that are directly related to TNT.

Like I said, using things like DNP only re-inforces about what I've been saying......bodybuilding has become lazy and nobody is willing to work hard!

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 11:42:05 AM »
Like I said, using things like DNP only re-inforces about what I've been saying......bodybuilding has become lazy and nobody is willing to work hard!

DNP use has dropped considerably, it was MUCH more prevailent in the 1960s-1980s than now so I'm not too sure about the point you were trying to make with that one.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »

What I said is 100% true.

And no, I've never "used it", but I have read the scientific literature on it.

I've also never ingested cyanide, but I don't have to in order to know it's a bad idea.  You meatheads are all alike... you aren't smart enough to learn from other's knowledge or mistakes, you just have to jump off that cliff yourself before you'll believe anything.  No wonder the supplement pushers find you such easy marks.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 02:25:20 PM »
DNP use has dropped considerably, it was MUCH more prevailent in the 1960s-1980s than now so I'm not too sure about the point you were trying to make with that one.

The truth of the matter DNP has increased in the Bodybuilding steroid subculture..

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »
You meatheads are all alike... you aren't smart enough to learn from other's knowledge or mistakes, you just have to jump off that cliff yourself before you'll believe anything.  No wonder the supplement pushers find you such easy marks.  ::)

That is a foolish generalization to make.

The Coach

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »

The point I was trying to make, is that instead of sucking it up on a diet, they are taking the easy way out and resorting to dangerous methods to make the work (dieting) easier, granted we all want to make dieting easier, with use of fat burners, t-3, eca.....but to resort to deadly chems like DNP is flat out stupidity. Before you say "I know nothing"....like I said before, I have done fairly extensive research on this and very little to nothing positive come from the case studies and NO studies come out positve when it comes to bodybuilding. The people who use it fail to recognize the potential danger and just see what it can do for the bodybuilder......same with insulin.

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
The point I was trying to make, is that instead of sucking it up on a diet, they are taking the easy way out and resorting to dangerous methods to make the work (dieting) easier, granted we all want to make dieting easier, with use of fat burners, t-3, eca.....but to resort to deadly chems like DNP is flat out stupidity. Before you say "I know nothing"....like I said before, I have done fairly extensive research on this and very little to nothing positive come from the case studies and NO studies come out positve when it comes to bodybuilding. The people who use it fail to recognize the potential danger and just see what it can do for the bodybuilder......same with insulin.

I did not say "you know nothing" nor would I presume your level of knowledge based on the few posts I have seen you make.  My point was that you said how it is a growing trend for people to use DNP as the easy way out, but in reality most people use T3, ecas, etc now as opposed to the 60s and 70s where DNP was the most popular drug of choice for BB'ers in fat burning. As far as insulin goes, yes it certainly can be dangerous if you aren't careful and know what you are doing, but the fact is the single best drug for gaining a ton of mass.

The Coach

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »
My point was that you said how it is a growing trend for people to use DNP

I didn't say it was a growing trend, I think it was someone else. I also agree that insulin is the best for gaining mass, very, very potent anabolic.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 09:33:08 AM »
Not the smartest person on the board are you? (or anyone who uses this shit)..........DNP just another excuse, and a deadly one to get out of hard dieting. Let me ask you, do actually know anything about it or the compounds that make it up? Just because your dumb (and lazy enough) to use doesn't mean you know about it. Fuck lazy people make me sick!!

i have probably forgotten more about dnp than you will know- and your knowledge must be very extensive considering all the reading you have done. lol

you may want to consider using it judging from the back fat i see on your 4 weeks out pics- pics taken with a cell phone i believe- a digital photo would reveal more about your level of conditioning, which is why you chose not to post one- if i can tell its there on a camera phone, your going to be in a world of hurt on stage under those lights. i can just imagine the mess you hams/ glutes are in.

better tighten that shit up boy. actually, even though i had stated i would never use it again, i will recommended it to you in the hopes that you can salvage who knows how many weeks of dieting. i found after trial and error that there really isnt much benefit in going above 600mg a day. normally i would say to just use 300mg a day over 4-5 weeks instead of running higher doses over 3 cause the sides just are not worth it. however, since we dont have that kind of time, i think if you were to run 600mg a day over the next 2 weeks (3 would have been better, but you'll be depleted so you'll need some time to fill out and sort out the water issues that you'll have from it, apart form the water issues your going to have from not being lean enough) you'll hopefully lean out a bit more, as apparently your 'hard dieting' just isnt cutting it, no pun intended. lay off the cardio if you do- you wont need it and it'll spare you some tissue.

good luck.

any questions just ask.

;)

b