Author Topic: The curse of ~flower~  (Read 45421 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: The curse of ~flower~
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2009, 06:50:28 AM »
 (Stella, yours was the last text I sent on it, while waiting in line for gas, so if you texted back I never got it)  

I haven't checked my phone since I texted you so I haven't seen any you may have sent back yet....I was going to blame the first one on Migs if you seemed mad at me  :P

You may have to steam clean your car in that area several times.
other suggestions here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=276130.0

What a pain...sorry that happened Flowey :(

R

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2009, 07:08:17 AM »

Since my cell was the only thing I could take pics with, no pics will be forthcoming.
  >:(

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »
I fell through my roof today............ straight away thought of flower >:(
Insurance told me today they will not pay for accidental damage to my roof  :'(

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2009, 07:48:31 AM »
I haven't checked my phone since I texted you so I haven't seen any you may have sent back yet....I was going to blame the first one on Migs if you seemed mad at me  :P

You may have to steam clean your car in that area several times.
other suggestions here:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=276130.0

What a pain...sorry that happened Flowey :(

I was thinking I would soap it up again and then use the shop vac and keep repeating?  My brother told me when he gets his gas can filled up he takes his recycling bin and lines it with newspaper and puts it in there just in case. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »

Want me to torch them?   >:(

Next time you are on your roof you should do that thing with the hooks you wanted to do in case you fall.

:D

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2009, 08:01:32 AM »

Want me to torch them?   >:(

There is the crazy strawberry blond I know

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2009, 08:07:56 AM »
There is the crazy strawberry blond I know

You don't even know  ;)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »

I was thinking I would soap it up again and then use the shop vac and keep repeating?  My brother told me when he gets his gas can filled up he takes his recycling bin and lines it with newspaper and puts it in there just in case. 

Sounds good.

Your bro = smart

Next time you are on your roof you should do that thing with the hooks you wanted to do in case you fall.

:P

R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »
The curse was in full swing last night!!   >:(

So... I got gas and I also filled up my 1gal so I would have it ready for the snowblower. I, in my infinate wisdom, thought it would be fine sitting in the front passenger seat.  Wrong!!  I think I overfilled it and the nozzle had lost the cap years ago so I believe some gas came out of the nozzle, onto my coat sleeve, into my seat, and my purse was on the seat so that got gassed too!  I noticed my sleeve was soaked, smelled it, and thought "stuff me in a beer bottle, light it and I'm a Molotov cocktail!!"  My seat was soaked, I had to role the windows down so I wouldn't fumigate myself.   When I got home I soaked the seat and left the windows down in the garage to try and get the smell out.   ::)     I took off my coat and threw it in the wash, then dumped everything out of my purse to try and save that.  Well, almost everything out, I left my cell phone in the pocket so that got submerged.  As of this morning it will turn on, the screen is blank but it will ring and I can answer it!  I think it is toast and I will have to get a new one.  (Stella, yours was the last text I sent on it, while waiting in line for gas, so if you texted back I never got it)  So, let's see, I have a seat/car that smells like gas, a purse that smells like gas, and a cell phone that I should just pull the plug on.  I rode to work with the windows down and snow blowing in. I think I will douse the seat again and take the shop vac to it and try and suck the water/gas out of it.  

Oh yea, and short hair!   >:(   go me!!   >:(

Since my cell was the only thing I could take pics with, no pics will be forthcoming.

Dayam!  That really stinks (no pun intended  ;D)  Makes my day yesterday seem uneventful  ::)  Snowblower BROKE (not worth fixing I've been told) on the 2nd pass down the 300 ft driveway  >:(  The good news is, we get a new one with hand warmers!  :D  I hate shopping under pressure.

Sometimes if you take the battery off and put the phone and battery in a bag of rice, that can salvage a wet device.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

What was the cause of you falling through in the first place  ???
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
I had two other people tell me about the rice.  Probably too late now?  I have take the battery, cover, and sim card out.     Princess I fear every year that mine blower is going to go and do it at the bottom of the driveway!

I just went outside and shoveled out the INSIDE of my car.   ::)   We are getting pummeled with blowing snow and I had left my 2 front windows down a bit because of the gas and it just hit me that the snow was probably blowing into my car!  Now I have 2 wet seats and it still smells like gas!
  :P

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2009, 12:30:51 PM »

Did you not read the gas can and see where it says "do not fill above this line?"

Sucks, but yes even after I've read that myself, I have done the same thing minus the huge aftermath you had.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:12 PM »

Did you not read the gas can and see where it says "do not fill above this line?"

Sucks, but yes even after I've read that myself, I have done the same thing minus the huge aftermath you had.

I was distracted by the guy behind me who was asking me about my car!  No good mens!   >:(

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »

Transporting gas is always tricky. Even in a contained unit as the gas trucks they come in (liquid in general is hard to transport), it can be dangerous. Not as in exploding, but that is always a possibility, but as in how do you get it from point A to point B? Or where do you store it, trunk, seat, do I hold it? What happens when you go around a turn?

Gas sloshes around, and when you go through a turn, it moves with the inertia of the car and can spill at that point.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2009, 12:50:41 PM »
I will use one of my bigger gas cans next time and only fill it 1/2 way, and leave it in the back in a recyling bin or something just in case.  

Or I will just ask you to bring it over!   ;)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »

good episode!!!   

It seems like once you get the smell of gas in your head you can't stop smelling it.  Even after I showered I still smelled like it. Even IN the shower I smelled it!  I put shampoo up my nose to get rid of it! 

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2009, 12:54:54 PM »

I put shampoo up my nose to get rid of it! 

I could see this adding yet another facet to the story!!! :D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2009, 12:58:28 PM »

hahaha!
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »

Don't encourage me!! 

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2009, 01:18:03 PM »

Don't encourage me!! 

Encouragement the ~flower~ does not need. 8)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »
Encouragement the ~flower~ does not need. 8)

Tease!!!   8)

I now have rice all over the floor, but my cell is in a bag of rice seeing if that will help. And I am NOT vacumming it up tonight.  >:(   I can dial out and recieve calls now, the screen is blank so it might take me a few tries to get the right number. Only took 4 tries to get through to my home number.  :P     

Stells, did you text me back?  'Cause when I turned the phone on it did the beepy thing that means I either have a text or vm and since I can't see the screen I don't know which! 

Maybe I could donate my cell phone to the blind since the screen not working wouldn't matter?     (kidding!! but you know you laughed!!!  ;D)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2009, 05:50:42 AM »

Stells, did you text me back?  'Cause when I turned the phone on it did the beepy thing that means I either have a text or vm and since I can't see the screen I don't know which! 

I did and it was so clever and hilarious!!  Not really...I was just laughing at your text jack ;D
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2009, 07:14:56 AM »
I did and it was so clever and hilarious!!  Not really...I was just laughing at your text jack ;D

I'm sure it was, Jack. 
;D