Author Topic: Here is the real reason the USA went to war in Iraq; the one no one talks about.  (Read 1227 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Oil yes...but it's not what you think...the reason and cause no one likes talking about...

http://www.thinkandask.com/news/thedollar.html

http://www.iwa-ait.org/iraq-II-e.html

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/RRiraqWar.html

Although completely unreported by the U.S. media and government, the answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is in large part an oil currency war. One of the core reasons for this upcoming war is this administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) momentum towards the euro as an oil transaction currency standard. However, in order to pre-empt OPEC, they need to gain geo-strategic control of Iraq along with its 2nd largest proven oil reserves. The second coalescing factor that is driving the Iraq war is the quiet acknowledgement by respected oil geologists and possibly this administration is the impending phenomenon known as Global "Peak Oil." This is projected to occur around 2010, with Iraq and Saudi Arabia being the final two nations to reach peak oil production. The issue of Peak Oil has been added to the scope of this essay, along with the macroeconomics of `petrodollar recycling' and the unpublicized but genuine challenge to U.S. dollar hegemony from the euro as an alternative oil transaction currency. The author advocates graduated reform of the global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency `trading band' with reserve status parity, a dual OPEC oil transaction standard, and multilateral treaties via the UN regarding energy reform. Such reforms could potentially reduce future oil currency and oil warfare. The essay ends with a reflection and critique of current US economic and foreign policies. What happens in the 2004 US elections will have a large impact on the 21st century.

"The most likely end to US hegemony may come about through a combination of high oil prices (brought about by US foreign policies toward the Middle East) and deeper devaluation of the US dollar (expected by many economists). Some elements of this scenario:

US global over-reach in the `war on terrorism' already leading to deficits as far as the eye can see -- combined with historically-high US trade deficits -- lead to a further run on the dollar. This and the stock market doldrums make the US less attractive to the world's capital.

More developing countries follow the lead of Venezuela and China in diversifying their currency reserves away from dollars and balanced with euros. Such a shift in dollar-euro holdings in Latin America and Asia could keep the dollar and euro close to parity.

OPEC could act on some of its internal discussions and decide (after concerted buying of euros in the open market) to announce at a future meeting in Vienna that OPEC's oil will be re-denominated in euros, or even a new oil-backed currency of their own. A US attack on Iraq sends oil to 40 (euros) per barrel.

The Bush Administration's efforts to control the domestic political agenda backfires. Damage over the intelligence failures prior to 9/11 and warnings of imminent new terrorist attacks precipitate a further stock market slide.

All efforts by Democrats and the 57% of the US public to shift energy policy toward renewables, efficiency, standards, higher gas taxes, etc. are blocked by the Bush Administration and its fossils fuel industry supporters. Thus, the USA remains vulnerable to energy supply and price shocks.

The EU recognizes its own economic and political power as the euro rises further and becomes the world's other reserve currency. The G-8 pegs the euro and dollar into a trading band -- removing these two powerful currencies from speculators trading screens (a "win-win" for everyone!). Tony Blair persuades Brits of this larger reason for the UK to join the euro.

Developing countries lacking dollars or "hard" currencies follow Venezuela's lead and begin bartering their undervalued commodities directly with each other in computerized swaps and counter trade deals. President Chavez has inked 13 such country barter deals on its oil, e.g., with Cuba in exchange for Cuban health paramedics who are setting up clinics in rural Venezuelan villages.

The result of this scenario? The USA could no longer run its huge current account trade deficits or continue to wage open-ended global war on terrorism or evil. The USA ceases pursuing unilateralist policies. A new US administration begins to return to its multilateralist tradition, ceases its obstruction and rejoins the UN and pursues more realistic international cooperation
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I rest my case.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I rest my case.

I rest my case again. It's all about currency hegemony and no one wants to acknowledge this.
I hate the State.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
who the fuck is making the case against this? it's always been about the dollar bro.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
who the fuck is making the case against this? it's always been about the dollar bro.

Plenty of people; those who cite WoMD or just cite oil barrels without the currency aspect.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
All nations go to war for power and money and nothing else, and America is the worst offender in the world.

Where can I get your card with the water mark on it?
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Sorry...late comer.... ;D
No biggie, it should be talked about.  Just thought I would point out why because it could explain why there was not the response you were looking for.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness
of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark...

Shit, I think I'm sweating... ;D
I hate the State.