Author Topic: Americans get owned at Geography, among other things; big surprise....  (Read 5234 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Americans get owned at Geography, among other things; big surprise....
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »

Don't you live in Australia?   

That's right next to Italy, right?  ;D

Yep, I live in Australia or "Nextdoor to Napoli" as I like to call it.

If I remember correctly my sister wasn't too clear what the "southern hemisphere" constitutes ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2007, 04:06:23 PM »
If I remember correctly my sister wasn't too clear what the "southern hemisphere" constitutes ;D

Easy!  That's everything South of Pennsylvania. Except West Virginia, of course, as those traitors joined the Northern Hemisphere back in 1860.   ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2007, 04:30:17 PM »
Longer version...
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »
Agreed ! What " Superior " Country are you from, Trapezkerl ?

I am American; however I am also an expat.
I hate the State.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »
I think the point of the thread is that most americans are illiterate morons, while the rest of the world puts education and intelligence at a higher priority then watching 'BET' and caring about bling bling or working at mcdonald's. In most European nations adults in their early 30's typically have a degree or two, with a high percentage having masters and ph.d's While in the land of freedom you can get away with an elementary school education.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »
I think the point of the thread is that most americans are illiterate morons, while the rest of the world puts education and intelligence at a higher priority then watching 'BET' and caring about bling bling or working at mcdonald's. In most European nations adults in their early 30's typically have a degree or two, with a high percentage having masters and ph.d's While in the land of freedom you can get away with an elementary school education.

I get very sick of this American-bashing that constantly goes on in internet message boards. The bashers usually point to the dumbest, most uneducated, most uncouth 25 or 35% of our population and try to make out like they represent us all. The bashers either know better, in which case they're being disingenuous, or they don't know any better in which case they are the ignorant ones.

You can look at the less-educated lower and working classes of the countries any of the America-bashers are from, and chances are they'd fare no better, and probably worse.

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2007, 04:57:41 PM »
Im going to put it likes this.

If you are 8 time Mr Olympia.. you think you are going to give two shits about who just won the overall at the Excalibur?

America doesnt give a damn about Geography because its not necessary.

This is as dumb as Ben White calling out Ronnie Coleman.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2007, 05:01:09 PM »

I get very sick of this American-bashing that constantly goes on in internet message boards. The bashers usually point to the dumbest, most uneducated, most uncouth 25 or 35% of our population and try to make out like they represent us all. The bashers either know better, in which case they're being disingenuous, or they don't know any better in which case they are the ignorant ones.

You can look at the less-educated lower and working classes of the countries any of the America-bashers are from, and chances are they'd fare no better, and probably worse.

Don't get me wrong, Americans represent some of the smartest, brightest and most educated people on earth, but you have to agree on percentage level, most of your country is inhabited by idiots. I'm not talking about Harvard graduates or Ivy leaguers and so on.. I'm talking about the bumbling rednecks that can't find America on a map.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 05:03:26 PM »
Im going to put it likes this.

If you are 8 time Mr Olympia.. you think you are going to give two shits about who just won the overall at the Excalibur?

America doesnt give a damn about Geography because its not necessary.

This is as dumb as Ben White calling out Ronnie Coleman.

How quickly you forget that America without European settlers would still be a bunch of native Indians to this day sending each other smoke signals and hunting wild buffalo.

Face it, you owe EVERYTHING to Europe and Europeans.

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2007, 05:07:47 PM »
How quickly you forget that America without European settlers would still be a bunch of native Indians to this day sending each other smoke signals and hunting wild buffalo.

Face it, you owe EVERYTHING to Europe and Europeans.

Those "Europeans" were running away from european culture in order to start a new way of life.

Dont try to label the people who came to America as "European" because they didnt want anything to do with Europe thats why they left in the first place  :o

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 05:08:47 PM »

There certainly is a perception that a greater proportion of your country may be uneducated and ignorant.  I have no facts to base that on, its just a suggestion from how many republicans you have and the halfwit gimp that leads you ;D 

There's no way in hell you'll ever transcend that opinion whilst you've got a muppet in charge.    There are a lot of world leaders who seem like twats but none of them are perceived as sub-par intelligence.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »
Don't get me wrong, Americans represent some of the smartest, brightest and most educated people on earth, but you have to agree on percentage level, most of your country is inhabited by idiots. I'm not talking about Harvard graduates or Ivy leaguers and so on.. I'm talking about the bumbling rednecks that can't find America on a map.

Sure there are a large number of idiots here, just like there are everywhere else.  I haven't noticed the percentage being any higher in the US than in any of the other countries I've visited.  There is more social control in many countries, so American idiots may be more free to express their idiocy than idiots in say, Singapore or Russia, but that doesn't mean there aren't just as many present.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2007, 05:20:58 PM »
There certainly is a perception that a greater proportion of your country may be uneducated and ignorant.  I have no facts to base that on, its just a suggestion from how many republicans you have and the halfwit gimp that leads you ;D 

There's no way in hell you'll ever transcend that opinion whilst you've got a muppet in charge.    There are a lot of world leaders who seem like twats but none of them are perceived as sub-par intelligence.

So we're all uneducated because Bush occupies the White House?  Gee, our last President was a Rhodes Scholar...  maybe the world should have considered all of us geniuses prior to 2001?  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2007, 05:43:29 PM »
To quote the great Rodney King: why can't we all just get along?
I hate the State.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2007, 08:01:02 PM »
To quote the great Rodney King: why can't we all just get along?

You were the one who brought up this insulting topic, dumbass. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 08:05:30 PM »
You were the one who brought up this insulting topic, dumbass. 

Rightig Herr Donnerschlag...
I hate the State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 08:10:40 PM »

I'm an American, and this post is 100% correct. America is the country that elected George "Dubya" Bush to not one, but TWO terms, afterall. A plethora of dumbass rednecks permeate the landscape. Unlike Goatboy, I feel no need to be defensive and defend America with the large percentage of dummies that populate this country. With all of America's wealth, the education system by and large SUCKS.
!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »
I'm an American, and this post is 100% correct. America is the country that elected George "Dubya" Bush to not one, but TWO terms, afterall. A plethora of dumbass rednecks permeate the landscape. Unlike Goatboy, I feel no need to be defensive and defend America with the large percentage of dummies that populate this country. With all of America's wealth, the education system by and large SUCKS.

Wealth does not equal intelligence, it equals power....history should teach you that my friend.

If you want to be smart and poor, go live in a government-mandated Asian family.

And if you're not going to defend her, don't bother telling us you're American.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »
Wealth does not equal intelligence, it equals power....history should teach you that my friend.

If you want to be smart and poor, go live in a government-mandated Asian family.

And if you're not going to defend her, don't bother telling us you're American.
??? Not all Americans "get jingoistic" on cue, Sparky.

Where did I say that wealth equals intelligence?  ??? Sadly, you are too stupid to be my friend.  :(
I suggest you have a warm glass of shut-the-fuck-up and go to bed.
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2007, 08:51:55 PM »
??? Not all Americans "get jingoistic" on cue, Sparky.

Where did I say that wealth equals intelligence?  ??? Sadly, you are too stupid to be my friend.  :(
I suggest you have a warm glass of shut-the-fuck-up and go to bed.

Where in the states do you live?
I hate the State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2007, 08:53:58 PM »
Where in the states do you live?
Give me a reason for the question's relevance and maybe I'll tell you.
!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »
Give me a reason for the question's relevance and maybe I'll tell you.

He thinks it will tell him if you're a redneck or not.  ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2007, 09:01:31 PM »

He thinks it will tell him if you're a redneck or not.  ;D
You are probably right.  ;D

I will just say that I am not from a classic "red state", although I now live in one.
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2007, 11:13:54 PM »
You are probably right.  ;D

I will just say that I am not from a classic "red state", although I now live in one.

I'm just biased, originally being from NYC.
I hate the State.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2007, 12:50:20 AM »
All I'm saying in my original posts is, other countries put a higher emphasis on education and academics.

:)