Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks in the room  (Read 7620 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks in the room
« on: October 07, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving All

w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks in the room
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »
xxxL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 08:59:04 AM »
"Canadian Thanksgiving traces its roots to an old European farming custom: farmers would band together to toast a plentiful harvest. The first known Thanksgiving celebration on Canadian shores was hosted by a European explorer named Martin Frobisher, who enjoyed an impromptu harvest feast upon reaching Newfoundland. Frobisher famously gave thanks not only for the delicious feast he was enjoying, but also for his crew's good fortune at having avoided the many dangers at sea.

Canada's Thanksgiving traditions are also attributed to the many Loyalists who moved north--the Americans who remained faithful to England during the Revolutionary War."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:21:07 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving All

Thanks, Jag!
We have ZERO leftovers at the house. Everything got wipped out. We had a giant turkey with stuffing, lasagna, lamb and potatoes and yams baked in the oven. Not to mention july weather! Whats up with that?!  :D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 07:35:04 AM »
Thanks, Jag! Not to mention july weather! Whats up with that?!  :D

So you mean the temp was above freezing? :D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »

So you mean the temp was above freezing? :D

It was like 31 degrees Celcius (aka 94 Fahrenheight), ...but that's all gone now.
We've already reached our high temperature for the day 21 degrees at 7am this morning.

From here on out, ...it's gonna be wet, chilly, ...and "seasonal"  :'(  ...but it was great while it lasted.  :D
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving All

My girlfriend who does my hair says to me last night...."oh I can be so dumb sometimes, I saw in my appointment book that it was Thanksgiving...so I called my husband and told him they changed the date for Thanksgiving.  He asked why would they change the date to Thanksgiving and I said I dunno, but it says in my date book that todays Thanksgiving" 

Needless to say she didn't notice the word "Canadian" in there with Thanksgiving, lol
:D Weee

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »
My girlfriend who does my hair says to me last night...."oh I can be so dumb sometimes, I saw in my appointment book that it was Thanksgiving...so I called my husband and told him they changed the date for Thanksgiving.  He asked why would they change the date to Thanksgiving and I said I dunno, but it says in my date book that todays Thanksgiving" 

Needless to say she didn't notice the word "Canadian" in there with Thanksgiving, lol

{LOL} Nobody notices the 'Canadian'... that's why we gotta be so darned vocal all the time.  ;)
w

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 05:09:25 AM »
{LOL} Nobody notices the 'Canadian'... that's why we gotta be so darned vocal all the time.  ;)
:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 06:33:05 PM »
:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Hi Playboy, ...I hope you went out and voted already today.  :)

I won't ask you who you voted for, ...given the candidates, I'm sure it's obvious.  ;D

How did you vote on the Referendum issue?

I voted for the new system, because there has to be a way for voters to support their concerns and issues without having to choose from what they consider the lesser of evils, or not wasting their vote in order to prevent a moron from taking office. It will also cause local reps to be forced to step up to the plate, and actually represent their constituents in parliament, rather than getting the free ride they've enjoyed for years.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »
Hi Playboy, ...I hope you went out and voted already today.  :)

I won't ask you who you voted for, ...given the candidates, I'm sure it's obvious.  ;D

How did you vote on the Referendum issue?

I voted for the new system, because there has to be a way for voters to support their concerns and issues without having to choose from what they consider the lesser of evils, or not wasting their vote in order to prevent a moron from taking office. It will also cause local reps to be forced to step up to the plate, and actually represent their constituents in parliament, rather than getting the free ride they've enjoyed for years.

I'd love to talk about this

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »

and this

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 03:15:13 PM »

I'd love to talk about this

{LOL} Given the events of late, ...you might be one of the only few people still talking to me.  ;D
w

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 08:27:39 AM »
{LOL} Given the events of late, ...you might be one of the only few people still talking to me.  ;D

Jaggy, I will still talk to you! I read the thread to ban you but I don't see how those guys are any better with their racial slurs!

uck em all I say!

I say ban anyone posting racist remarks! Let's see what the powers that be (Admins & Mods) will do about that and if they do nothing then we know "getbig.com" supports racists and racism!

Hustle has spoken!

Oh Happy Thanksgiving!
W

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »
Jaggy, I will still talk to you! I read the thread to ban you but I don't see how those guys are any better with their racial slurs!

uck em all I say!

I say ban anyone posting racist remarks! Let's see what the powers that be (Admins & Mods) will do about that and if they do nothing then we know "getbig.com" supports racists and racism!

Hustle has spoken!

Oh Happy Thanksgiving!

:-*

Well when you consider the fact that more than a few mods here are racist, and more than a few of the active one's don't show any consistency (with this board being the exception), there'll be very little action taken on that front.
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »
Racist remarks if not taken care of by the forums moderator, should be reported directly to Ron.  Ron does not condone such behavior.
:D Weee

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 01:44:02 PM »
i missed the slurs, I've only seen this one thread

Are you getting rude remarks about being Canadian?

it's ok, I figured out long ago that they (the rest of the world) are jealous.

Are you female, do you have lovely coloured skin?  You have a highly paid job you really enjoy and are very good at?   Have you fabulous friends, and a social life to die for?

ok I understand now.  it's envy

xL

(Happy Halloween to all and sundry...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
i missed the slurs, I've only seen this one thread

Are you getting rude remarks about being Canadian?

it's ok, I figured out long ago that they (the rest of the world) are jealous.

Are you female, do you have lovely coloured skin?  You have a highly paid job you really enjoy and are very good at?   Have you fabulous friends, and a social life to die for?

ok I understand now.  it's envy

xL

Ummm, ...it's a little more than just envy, ...or being Canadian.   ;D

Let's just say some very callous, insensitive, & tasteless remarks were made,
and the haters used it as an excuse to vent, ...and so they did.

Mind you, not all who commented could fall into the category of haters.
Some were understandably appalled, as is their prerogative to make judgements without knowing the whole story,
but in a nutshell, it's just another excuse for most of the haters to hate.

It is done, and it's not something I care to discuss further.  :)
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »
therefore I'm glad I missed it

xxx

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »
Gumtree
Gumtree > London > Community > Community > Community chest > help scientists study hatred
Start the new season with new staff - Great candidates are looking HERE NOW
Sponsored Link

Search for:
only ads with photos
search
How does this work?
Community chest
post an adedit/delete an ad | repost an ad | subscribe free | unsubscribe
details
E Mail this posting to a friend
help scientists study hatred
Reply to:  Click here to email the poster
Date:  Thursday 18th October

Do you hate your boss, an ex-lover, noisy neighbours, competitive colleagues or someone else?

We are looking for you!

We would like to scan your brain, to study the neurobiology of hate. We promise confidentiality, a souvenir mug and reimbursement for travel expenses (£15/session)

We are a leading neuroimaging group at one of London's top universities. If you've never had a brain scan before it is quite an experience.

Curious? Get in touch!

Anti spam: Do NOT contact me offering services or anything of a commercial nature.
Posting ref: 6443399 Location: Central London
Report this posting for review by Gumtree admin
help scientists study hatred

* See your message here...Sponsored links
    * Tickets for all sold out
      pop concerts, festivals & sports. 01708 502324 or book on internet.
      www.ticketssoldout.co.uk
    * Sports Car Hire London
      Up to 60% off car hire in UK 5000+ locations, from £8 per day
      www.atlaschoice.com
    * Eurostar to Paris
      Unbeatable Paris Eurostar Breaks 3* Hotel Packages fr £75!
      www.short-breaks.com
    * Cinema In London
      Find Local Cinemas with Yellow Pages online.
      www.yell.com
    * Limousine London
      See Range of Limos, Hummers & More We Have Fun Chaffeurs, Better Value
      www.ATouchOfClass.org.uk

Aberdeen | Adelaide | Auckland | Bath | Belfast | Birmingham | Bournemouth | Bradford | Brighton | Brisbane | Bristol | Cambridge | Canberra | Capetown | Cardiff | Christchurch | Cork | Coventry | Derby | Dublin | Dundee | Durban | Edinburgh | Essex | Exeter | Gloucester | Glasgow | Guildford | Hong Kong | Hull | Inverness | Ipswich | Katowice | Kent | Johannesburg | Krakow | Leeds | Leicester | Liverpool | Lodz | London | Luton | Manchester | Melbourne | Middlesbrough | Milton Keynes | Newcastle | Newcastle NSW | Norwich | Nottingham | Oxford | Perth | Plymouth | Poznan | Portsmouth | Reading | Sheffield | Singapore | Southampton | Stoke | Sunderland | Swansea | Swindon | Sydney | Tasmania | Trojmiasto | Warsaw | Wellington | Wroclaw | York

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »
Racist remarks if not taken care of by the forums moderator, should be reported directly to Ron.  Ron does not condone such behavior.

LL, I have the utmost respect for you, you know that but the "does not condone such behavior" comment is imo a bit far fetched! My God e.g., there is an entire thread dedicated to racial slurs! Like I said I don't mind personal preference and even ignorant judgements but many of the forums on this site are riddled with deliberate comments that debase anyone that is not of european decent (Caucasian)!

Maybe Mr. Ron should use better judgement when appointing Mods because IMO Neo Nazis, KKK and many other racially defaming groups reside on "GetBig"! 

Maybe Jaggy could have handled the situation differently but the retaliation against her (ethnic defamation)  should definitely not be tolerated! Again, I could not read the entire thread about her, I was appalled.
W

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 02:56:53 PM »
W

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 01:04:55 PM »
LL,
Maybe Mr. Ron should use better judgement when appointing Mods

Maybe Jaggy could have handled the situation differently but the retaliation against her (ethnic defamation)  should definitely not be tolerated! Again, I could not read the entire thread about her, I was appalled.

I missed it and I'm certain it will have been deleted by now.

I agree that the new "mod talk" is lame.  But LL and Mr Arvillo get paid to do it, so we must put up with it.

& Judi must just continue to stick up for herself (and all Canucks while she's at it...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 01:21:55 PM »

but we don't like to take up Ron's precious time.  that's what you are paid for.

got it?

take care
xL