Author Topic: Do you give up Pro Status in Ms. Fitness if you compete in the NPC Amateur?  (Read 1477 times)

bmurray

• Pros
  • Getbig I
Hi All...
Quick question for all you former Ms. Fitness competitors...or current ones.  I have an athlete who came to me recently for training that recently went 'pro' in ms. fitness, but would like to compete in the NPC (their pro status is different, it just means she accepted money for her placing).  Does she give up 'pro' status in Ms. Fitness and unable to compete in that sanction if she also competes in the NPC amateur?  Nobody at Ms. Fitness has given her an answer and she would like to do an upcoming NPC show...thanks for the help.

nutratj

• Getbig II
I can answer this myself.  I know.  She would have to give up her pro card to compete in any NPC show.  I was told the samething last month when I asked.  Simple.  Good Luck.

AllisonEthier

• Getbig I
Hi All...
Quick question for all you former Ms. Fitness competitors...or current ones.  I have an athlete who came to me recently for training that recently went 'pro' in ms. fitness, but would like to compete in the NPC (their pro status is different, it just means she accepted money for her placing).  Does she give up 'pro' status in Ms. Fitness and unable to compete in that sanction if she also competes in the NPC amateur?  Nobody at Ms. Fitness has given her an answer and she would like to do an upcoming NPC show...thanks for the help.

Not sure if there is a Pro status officially in the Ms. Fitness.  Sure the top 20 in the worlds, and the top 5 int he USA do win monnies, but if she has never won the overall title of either the Ms. Fitness Worlds or Ms. Fitness USA - you have to requalify every year at a regional event.  The overall winners are qualified for life.
There is not rule that says that she has to only compete for Ms.Fitness.  She can compete for other organizations as well.
A.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
...she would like to do an upcoming NPC show...thanks for the help.

Then just tell her to pay her membership and entry fees and do the show. 

As long as her check is good, no one is going to care that she's a Ms. Fitness 'pro'.