Author Topic: Mr GetBig II, My Take...  (Read 2294 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Mr GetBig II, My Take...
« on: October 08, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
So we have the 2nd annual Mr GetBig Contest behind us with a new winer, some great cash prizes and from what I hear lots of controversy. 

I have been SWAMPED and traveling a lot, so I have not had a chance to read a single thread on the contest.  I will say that the caliber of contestants is up from last year.  It was very tough for me to judge...very close!  I was glad to see that the judging was very consistant. 

I will do a summary sometime tomorrow on each of the contestants.  For now, I would like to thank Ron, for creating the opportunity for this fun event to happen.  240 for creating the website.  CQ for basically running the whole thing and dealing with all of the wackos.  The judges for participating and taking it seriously.  Dr. Connelly for sponsoring the event.  And, most importantly, all of the GetBiggers who had the balls to put up a pic and give it a shot.

We'll see what's in store for MRGBIII!!!

w

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Mr GetBig II, My Take...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:47:37 PM »
Daddy Waddy should have won, what better representative of getbig than a guy who would accept his check with a joint in one hand and his jeans around his ankles.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »
Daddy Waddy should have won, what better representative of getbig than a guy who would accept his check with a joint in one hand and his jeans around his ankles.

yeah they want my crazy influential image representing the "crazy" sport
A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »
waddy is funny but he was miles away from Honour . It shows that a lot of people on this board do not understand what to l;ook for when judging someone .

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 10:54:27 PM »
waddy is funny but he was miles away from Honour . It shows that a lot of people on this board do not understand what to l;ook for when judging someone .

::)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 11:31:16 PM »
It shows that a lot of people on this board do not understand what to l;ook for when judging someone .

My computer just crashed from irony overload

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:30 AM »
Waddy should have won, Alexxx second.

In my opinion.
Q

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 03:18:33 AM »
Bodybuilding is somewhat subjective, but there was definitely very consistent judging.

The judging panel were exceptionally consistent with 3 placings; Honour in 1st, Get Rowdy in 5th and Jaejonna in 6th....2, 3 and 4 'flip flopped' with the panel slightly. Below, I include all 12 judges scores that came in [we used 10] with my equations:

Honour: 83% - 1st place
Get Rowdy: 91.5% - 5th Place
Jaejonna: 100% - 6th place

All flames aside, the judging panel was mega experienced; combined 200+ years of experience in this field, Over 120 shows competed in, over 100 awards won themselves including some very high level ones, 3 IFBB pro cards, most had judged before for a few years in NPC, IFBB and NABBA, and so many other things too numerous to list. Quite a few of our board members agreed with their calls, or most of them, funnily enough GH15 posted the exact winning order about 2 days before results came out. And honestly, not meant a flame here, but notice the 1 scoring that came through at 100%...that is one placing that for the past few days with the dozens of 'predictions' that came out, that even every single getbigger agreed with, that one was undisputed with the panel and the board. From what I have seen with posts, the judging panel somewhat mirrored the general collective opinions of getbig, if one takes all things into consideration.

All in all good job everyone and thanks again to all the entrants......I feel like writing something super ghey like 'you are all winners to me' but I think I would be going just too far if I did that ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 06:59:20 AM »
My computer just crashed from irony overload
shut it zit face

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 07:03:57 AM »
Bodybuilding is somewhat subjective, but there was definitely very consistent judging.

The judging panel were exceptionally consistent with 3 placings; Honour in 1st, Get Rowdy in 5th and Jaejonna in 6th....2, 3 and 4 'flip flopped' with the panel slightly. Below, I include all 12 judges scores that came in [we used 10] with my equations:

Honour: 83% - 1st place
Get Rowdy: 91.5% - 5th Place
Jaejonna: 100% - 6th place

All flames aside, the judging panel was mega experienced; combined 200+ years of experience in this field, Over 120 shows competed in, over 100 awards won themselves including some very high level ones, 3 IFBB pro cards, most had judged before for a few years in NPC, IFBB and NABBA, and so many other things too numerous to list. Quite a few of our board members agreed with their calls, or most of them, funnily enough GH15 posted the exact winning order about 2 days before results came out. And honestly, not meant a flame here, but notice the 1 scoring that came through at 100%...that is one placing that for the past few days with the dozens of 'predictions' that came out, that even every single getbigger agreed with, that one was undisputed with the panel and the board. From what I have seen with posts, the judging panel somewhat mirrored the general collective opinions of getbig, if one takes all things into consideration.

All in all good job everyone and thanks again to all the entrants......I feel like writing something super ghey like 'you are all winners to me' but I think I would be going just too far if I did that ;D

nothing beats self congratulations ::)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 07:25:31 AM »

The judging panel were exceptionally consistent with 3 placings; Honour in 1st, Get Rowdy in 5th and Jaejonna in 6th....2, 3 and 4 'flip flopped' with the panel slightly.

Have to wonder why Ron had Neo 5th.

I had him winning a toss-up w/ Honour. Mindspin had him 2nd.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 07:31:24 AM »
Oh Really? ANd what makes you a bbdg judging professional? Your gargantuan 180lb physique?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 07:43:31 AM »
Oh Really? ANd what makes you a bbdg judging professional? Your gargantuan 180lb physique?
i SICERELY MISSED U LITTLE GUY  :-*

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 07:47:28 AM »

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 07:48:07 AM »
Well sevatease has put in alot of time admiring the male physique...
L

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 07:53:57 AM »
I give Props to Alexx for putting it together and showing alot of improvement.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 08:01:10 AM »
Well sevatease has put in alot of time admiring the male physique...
u got the balls to speak u lard ass with a bigger  than life attitude who entered a bb contest as a fat asian teenager ?...was that a halloween costume for jokes u were wearing or do u actually look like that ?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 08:04:38 AM »
u got the balls to speak u lard ass with a bigger  than life attitude who entered a bb contest as a fat asian teenager ?...was that a halloween costume for jokes u were wearing or do u actually look like that ?

JJ admitted to bein off and coulda bailed like the other 75% of original contestants, but he did what he said he would and competed....I respect that.

pushinweight

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »
JJ admitted to bein off and coulda bailed like the other 75% of original contestants, but he did what he said he would and competed....I respect that.

DO you respect Goodrum too.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 08:07:32 AM »
gayer than a half of grapfruit from breakfast and the other for desert.
L

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
gayer than a half of grapfruit from breakfast and the other for desert.
NUFF SAID  :D " the moneymaker "  :D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 08:23:10 AM »
you also respect a twinkie that sits in front of u defenseless ready to be eaten  :D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 09:18:30 AM »
you also respect a twinkie that sits in front of u defenseless ready to be eaten  :D

In all fairness, twinkies are delicious.....we both know this!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
In all fairness, twinkies are delicious.....we both know this!
speak for yourself fatass..