Author Topic: What is A-Rod's next move?  (Read 2790 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: What is A-Rod's next move?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 12:54:36 PM »
Lester is hardly a blue chipper.
Y

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »
If AROD wants to win a pennant, i think that NY is his best chance ...He finally gettin comfortable and had alot of talent ... Yes he deserves the sun, moon and stars but how much is enough ? I m a fan of his but if he goes to the highest bidder and leaves the Yanks then he is just a money grubin selfish SOB. With no chance of ever winning the big one.
L

body88

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 05:20:32 PM »
Lester is hardly a blue chipper.

You said Becket was from an ace at the start of this year also. Josh was the only 20 game winner in the majors this year. An era almost two full points lower then last year. 20 - 7 with a 3.17 era. He also just shutout the angels over nine innings in on the big stage. A front runner for the Cy Young for sure.

Lester just came back from cancer. less then a year after discovering he had cancer , then receiving aggressive treatment he was back. I would not call him aty his best this year oconsdiering the aggressive cemo he had to endure. He has all the tools imo.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »
You said Becket was from an ace at the start of this year also. Josh was the only 20 game winner in the majors this year. An era almost two full points lower then last year. 20 - 7 with a 3.17 era. He also just shutout the angels over nine innings in on the big stage. A front runner for the Cy Young for sure.

Lester just came back from cancer. less then a year after discovering he had cancer , then receiving aggressive treatment he was back. I would not call him aty his best this year oconsdiering the aggressive cemo he had to endure. He has all the tools imo.

There's a difference.  Beckett was always regarded as a stud prospect - even more highly rated than guys like Hughes.  Beckett's stuff was never in question, it was his ability to harness it and sustain it over a full year, while avoiding injuries.  Until this year, he hadn't done that and was only called an "ace" due to his performance in the 2003 WS.  He had not pitched at "ace" levels after that, until this year.  So, it was not a stretch to call a guy hardly an ace when he hadn't pitched like one for over three years.

Even pre-illnes, Lester was never as highly touted as Beckett as his walk rates in the minors and majors do not scream blue chip prospect.   He's been built up to be more than he is by homer fans and homer media outlets.
Y

body88

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 06:51:04 PM »

There's a difference.  Beckett was always regarded as a stud prospect - even more highly rated than guys like Hughes.  Beckett's stuff was never in question, it was his ability to harness it and sustain it over a full year, while avoiding injuries.  Until this year, he hadn't done that and was only called an "ace" due to his performance in the 2003 WS.  He had not pitched at "ace" levels after that, until this year.  So, it was not a stretch to call a guy hardly an ace when he hadn't pitched like one for over three years.

Even pre-illnes, Lester was never as highly touted as Beckett as his walk rates in the minors and majors do not scream blue chip prospect.   He's been built up to be more than he is by homer fans and homer media outlets.

I have followed him since the minor's. I must respectfully disagree with you on Lester.  Imo he has all the tools. As for homers (not you) building things up.... The new york fanbase couldn't be beat at the end of the year when the yankees where hot. Most had them overtaking the sox and winning the ws (not you).

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 08:06:44 PM »
u know the jeter ,arod dosen't mean much to me,but alex really seemed to enjoy himself after a homerun or after the younger guys hit theres,cano,cabrera,duncan,they all laugh and high five and talk in dugout.he seemed comfortable with them..

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 01:09:47 PM »
Man oh man Arod then Papi? One can only hope. Imagine if they could retain Lowell somehow ( I know I know) Axe Lugo, Trade Manny, start Ellsbury in left, then trade Manny?

Think about the infusion of young talent we have coming up of the farm rady to start next year. Clay B, Ellsbury and Lester are all blue chippers. Add that with Dustin @ second and we have a nice core of young players to mix with the vets.

If we trade Manny twice imagine what we could get for him!!!  :D :D ;D

Still, I'll be sad when he's gone... :'(