Author Topic: working 5 days a week sucks ass.  (Read 5758 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: working 5 days a week sucks ass.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 06:19:18 AM »
I work 7 days a week at a gym and it doesnt bother me except when I want to sleep in somtimes lol!

maybe you know a lot about training methods and nutrition?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 06:59:18 AM »
how do you do this without going nuts? discuss.

Alcohol,drugs,and hookers ;D

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 07:02:58 AM »
I worked my ass off for about 2 years 7days a week, 10 or more hours a day to open my own business.  Now it is (smoother) sailing.  Having a job and a paycheck and discipline does wonders for the mind.
Most are all show no go!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 07:03:47 AM »
I work 7 days a week at a gym and it doesnt bother me except when I want to sleep in somtimes lol!
I think he meant ral jobs, not checking ids and giving tours of Ballys
L

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 07:32:26 AM »
Rob a bank Toucan

HAHAHA, Toucan...f'in classic

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 07:36:54 AM »
Get a job on full commission. Then whatever time you don't work is up to you.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 09:24:49 AM »
You Americans live to work.

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »
May be you just dont have what it takes, I dont even think about it. Its a life style.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 09:38:59 AM »
I wish i only worked 5 days a week.

8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 09:40:56 AM »

"Arbeit Macht Frei" as it were, (Work Makes Man Free in English), was ominously hung above Auschwitz and to this day proves true for the working ilk.

The workers today accept this mantra with empty heads and continue onwards to a path of unfulfilled destiny and magnified gloom.  The acceptance is inherent, even though the writing is on the wall, figuratively and literally.

The Jews saw the sign and did nothing.  Now many of you see the sign and are doing nothing.  Welcome to your demise.  Work Makes Men Free.   

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 09:41:26 AM »
I wish i only worked 5 days a week.

8)

No shit!  Im pretty sure almost everyone with a real job works 5 days a week.  I know some guys who will work four 10's or even 3 12's, but thats pretty rare.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 09:48:13 AM »
No shit!  Im pretty sure almost everyone with a real job works 5 days a week.  I know some guys who will work four 10's or even 3 12's, but thats pretty rare.

i'd really like 4 - 10 hour days.

i work 6 - 9 hour days and go to college. this won't be for much longer though.

8)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 09:51:08 AM »
I usually smash my nuts off my boyfriends chin to relieve the stress.

fixed your post.
b

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 09:53:05 AM »

8)

I finally graduated in may after waaaaaaaaaaaay to many years on and off in college, and I can tell you my 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through friday beats the hell out of going to school.  I still have a second job DJing though. My DJ job pays all my bills and all the money from my full time job goes into my savings.   Yahoo finance recently had a huge series of articles on how younger people can get ahead financially, and one of the top recommendations was getting a second job.   As long as you don't have a family, working 2 jobs shouldnt be a big deal, especially right out of college.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 09:59:59 AM »

8)
I think the lot of you and your lack of happiness stems from a lack of natural curiosity and aversion to knowledge.  When you view higher learning, you envision a place of rote tasks to be completed in order to justify money spent on a piece of paper that you seem to think will bring monetary solace in the future.

You do not have an intellectual curiosity or a ravenous thirst for the mechanisms of how and why and the appreciation of such concepts of the never-ending and hierarchical building of knowledge.

Instead, you define yourself in simpler terms.  The terms middle-class, average and mediocre serve to color yourself and are applied accordingly in time, while your wants and wishes soon fade as your life becomes more autonomous and meaningless.  Your garage is not filled as you hoped it would be.  Your house not quite as tall as you`d as you thought it could be.  Your life no longer is colored grandly.  Instead, the color fades and eventually to black and by that time and shortly thereafter, nobody will have ever cared you existed.

Embrace reality, knowledge and your dreams and never stop in doing so.  Do this and you may have a chance.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »
I finally graduated in may after waaaaaaaaaaaay to many years on and off in college, and I can tell you my 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through friday beats the hell out of going to school.  I still have a second job DJing though. My DJ job pays all my bills and all the money from my full time job goes into my savings.   Yahoo finance recently had a huge series of articles on how younger people can get ahead financially, and one of the top recommendations was getting a second job.   As long as you don't have a family, working 2 jobs shouldnt be a big deal, especially right out of college.

I've been in school off and on for 11 years...lol

i'll have my MBA after next semester and i'll be done. then i'll finally start my own business.

8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2007, 10:01:54 AM »
I've been in school off and on for 11 years...lol

i'll have my MBA after next semester and i'll be done. then i'll finally start my own business.

8)

Of course Overload, in my above statement, I was being rhetorical and not singling you out.  You may or may not apply.  The general public surely applies however.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 10:08:09 AM »
I think the lot of you and your lack of happiness stems from a lack of natural curiosity and aversion to knowledge.  When you view higher learning, you envision a place of rote tasks to be completed in order to justify money spent on a piece of paper that you seem to think will bring monetary solace in the future.

You do not have an intellectual curiosity or a ravenous thirst for the mechanisms of how and why and the appreciation of such concepts of the never-ending and hierarchical building of knowledge.

Instead, you define yourself in simpler terms.  The terms middle-class, average and mediocre serve to color yourself and are applied accordingly in time, while your wants and wishes soon fade as your life becomes more autonomous and meaningless.  Your garage is not filled as you hoped it would be.  Your house not quite as tall as you`d as you thought it could be.  Your life no longer is colored grandly.  Instead, the color fades and eventually to black and by that time and shortly thereafter, nobody will have ever cared you existed.

Embrace reality, knowledge and your dreams and never stop in doing so.  Do this and you may have a chance.

You seem to really enjoy school and learning, but what do you do to fund you continuing education?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »
how do you do this without going nuts? discuss.

I'd like to bitch slap the person who designated the 5 day work week.   >:(
:D Weee

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »

That was pretty deep. That is actually the first time that idea of yours actually penetrated through to me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »
You ought to become violent with the sheep who follow.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 10:17:02 AM »
Pandaemonium would pay to watch that!!  ;D

Cut260

• Getbig II
  • All I have in this world are my balls and my word
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 10:37:10 AM »
I hear ya.... I work 6 days a week.  Sundays are my only day off.  However at least no one gets to tell me what to do.  Honest livings are tough but much better than the alternative.  Some of those guys in that Raw Deal episode had everything - and in one day they have nothing.  I think I will stick to what I have =)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »
You should come down to Tampa, Sarasota and Miami to see the people that are in their 20's and 30's and work 10 hours a week and complain. They drive brand new cars and have Beach front condo's and talk about how hard life is.
D

Cut260

• Getbig II
  • All I have in this world are my balls and my word
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »
You should come down to Tampa, Sarasota and Miami to see the people that are in their 20's and 30's and work 10 hours a week and complain. They drive brand new cars and have Beach front condo's and talk about how hard life is.

Damn brother thats just wrong... I would love to work that little and have that much...They should be thankful not bitches.