Author Topic: working 5 days a week sucks ass.  (Read 5759 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: working 5 days a week sucks ass.
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2007, 11:23:04 AM »
What is even worse a few of the guys and girls got plastic surgery from that Dr. on the E channel and their parents paid for the plastic and they sit at home and whine and complain. Working out hard is not a option for them but having the crap removed is. I sit and think about how i busted my ass and to here people complain and have brand new Mercedes delivered to their doors is so terrible....
D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »
how do you do this without going nuts? discuss.

fucking lazy euro.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2007, 02:19:36 PM »

The Jews saw the sign and did nothing. 

ehh.. the jews and the others in there at the time had no choice!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »
GETTIN SHIT DONE!

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »
Do what i did and find a career where you can work early (like the stock market on the west coast as an example) and be done with your work day by 2pm.  If you are free after 2pm and have the weekends off, it makes life a much less harsh reality.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
hey bast do you work on your feet............ you may finally grow some calves

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »
I think the trick is to find a job you love or a job you hate but it pays you well as a consolation.  So many people are wasting their time in college.  They come out no employable than they were before they went to school.  It's the big con game going on across the country.  I'm not against education but against the concept that any degree makes you employable is a scam.  A college degree that cost $140,000 could have brought you a nice dry cleaning shop or a pizza palor that could generate 80K plus a year.  How many guys graduate college to find they have a mortgage sized college loan and a job paying barely paying 35K.

Work does play havoc on working out.  I wake up at 4:30AM for work and for many years I worked shift work.  Now shift work will play hell on your mind and body.  Throw in a family to take care of with long hours of work and you will long for time when you had time to work out.  Let me see, I left my house 12 hours ago for work.  Now it's time to bring the kids to soccer, karate, and boy scouts.   When do I work out?  Now I remember, it's after I mow the lawn and clean the pool.  

Going back to working out.  I think that workouts have to be under 90 minutes for a working guy. Even driving 30 minutes to a gym and working out for 90 minutes is a huge time investment.   A 45 minute workout  would be ideal.  Time is at a premium.  I think that's why it's so rare to see a natural 50 year old who is in shape.  The years of making a living and hopefully taking care of a family has it's toll.  

Well, now it's time to get blasted.   Blast away.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2007, 05:34:41 PM »
I think the trick is to find a job you love or a job you hate but it pays you well as a consolation.  So many people are wasting their time in college.  They come out no employable than they were before they went to school.  It's the big con game going on across the country.  I'm not against education but against the concept that any degree makes you employable is a scam.  A college degree that cost $140,000 could have brought you a nice dry cleaning shop or a pizza palor that could generate 80K plus a year.  How many guys graduate college to find they have a mortgage sized college loan and a job paying barely paying 35K.

Work does play havoc on working out.  I wake up at 4:30AM for work and for many years I worked shift work.  Now shift work will play hell on your mind and body.  Throw in a family to take care of with long hours of work and you will long for time when you had time to work out.  Let me see, I left my house 12 hours ago for work.  Now it's time to bring the kids to soccer, karate, and boy scouts.   When do I work out?  Now I remember, it's after I mow the lawn and clean the pool.  

Going back to working out.  I think that workouts have to be under 90 minutes for a working guy. Even driving 30 minutes to a gym and working out for 90 minutes is a huge time investment.   A 45 minute workout  would be ideal.  Time is at a premium.  I think that's why it's so rare to see a natural 50 year old who is in shape.  The years of making a living and hopefully taking care of a family has it's toll.  

There is some validity to your statement. Many kids straight out of college dont realize that their bachelors is as good as a GED was 10 years ago. It really doesnt get you anything different unless you intern while in school or go for some obscure major in which you will need even higher education still to get a position in your field.

Kids REALLY NEED to know what it is they are passionate about before throwing themselves into a BS and hoping to come out the other side rich. Most people dont know what they want to do until its "too late." Its never too late, though! If it took you this long to figure it out then you were either putting your life on hold or you just werent looking hard enough.

As far as balancing kids and work with working out.....I wouldnt know! 8)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »
GETTIN SHIT DONE!

tshirt hell was MY find
X

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »
There is some validity to your statement. Many kids straight out of college dont realize that their bachelors is as good as a GED was 10 years ago. It really doesnt get you anything different unless you intern while in school or go for some obscure major in which you will need even higher education still to get a position in your field.

Kids REALLY NEED to know what it is they are passionate about before throwing themselves into a BS and hoping to come out the other side rich. Most people dont know what they want to do until its "too late." Its never too late, though! If it took you this long to figure it out then you were either putting your life on hold or you just werent looking hard enough.

As far as balancing kids and work with working out.....I wouldnt know! 8)

My friend has a Bachelors in Kinesology and is running the front desk at a gym and barely making it.
D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2007, 06:10:17 PM »
My friend has a Bachelors in Kinesology and is running the front desk at a gym and barely making it.

that's expected.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2007, 08:00:19 PM »
If one has the luxury of a manual labor job that pays well they can get by with one bodypart a day for 5 min and be in good shape
A

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
If one has the luxury of a manual labor job that pays well they can get by with one bodypart a day for 5 min and be in good shape

Yeah. Roofers are built  ::)

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »
Starting your own business is the only way to go...

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2007, 09:34:07 PM »
I think the trick is to find a job you love or a job you hate but it pays you well as a consolation.  So many people are wasting their time in college.  They come out no employable than they were before they went to school.  It's the big con game going on across the country.  I'm not against education but against the concept that any degree makes you employable is a scam.
You get out of it what you put into it. You party and drink, take stupid classes and the easy major to get a piece of paper, college = con. You work hard and focused, college = great learning experience.

A college degree that cost $140,000 could have brought you a nice dry cleaning shop or a pizza palor that could generate 80K plus a year.  How many guys graduate college to find they have a mortgage sized college loan and a job paying barely paying 35K.
And at 19, or even say 23 (approx. post 4 year degree age), with $140k in the bank, what percent of those kids would actually do anything with it other than blow it? Especially with absolutely zero discipline - as shown by the fact that they could not sit still in class for their college years.

Unfortunately, 99% of those in college expect (read: EXPECT) a quality job after their 4, 6, or 8 (sometimes 12 depending on post-doc, etc) years. But those are the sheep. And they will be doing a 9-5 till they die. And wonder, every day, why they aren't rich. Or, most, I think, are completely oblivious to the fact that there is more to life and blissfully wile away their days at baseball games and glaring balefully at the Mercedes driving by.

People without a college education who expect a 9-5 till they die are just in denial.

I know a TON of really rich ($ million+) people who would not be rich were it not for the things their college years taught them. I do not know a single rich person who did not get at least a 4 year degree. I am sure they exist, but I have yet to befriend one.

Guess what I am saying is that Bast is in for a world of hurt unless he figures it out sooner than later.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »
I'd like to bitch slap the person who designated the 5 day work week.   >:(

40 hours is better than what it used to be.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_hour_day
h

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2007, 09:47:52 PM »
You get out of it what you put into it. You party and drink, take stupid classes and the easy major to get a piece of paper, college = con. You work hard and focused, college = great learning experience.
And at 19, or even say 23 (approx. post 4 year degree age), with $140k in the bank, what percent of those kids would actually do anything with it other than blow it? Especially with absolutely zero discipline - as shown by the fact that they could not sit still in class for their college years.

Unfortunately, 99% of those in college expect (read: EXPECT) a quality job after their 4, 6, or 8 (sometimes 12 depending on post-doc, etc) years. But those are the sheep. And they will be doing a 9-5 till they die. And wonder, every day, why they aren't rich. Or, most, I think, are completely oblivious to the fact that there is more to life and blissfully wile away their days at baseball games and glaring balefully at the Mercedes driving by.

People without a college education who expect a 9-5 till they die are just in denial.

I know a TON of really rich ($ million+) people who would not be rich were it not for the things their college years taught them. I do not know a single rich person who did not get at least a 4 year degree. I am sure they exist, but I have yet to befriend one.

Guess what I am saying is that Bast is in for a world of hurt unless he figures it out sooner than later.

so what did you do after college?  How did you get to the point where you're working for yourself? 

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2007, 10:12:52 PM »

haha Daddy just cut you off your allowance little boy :-\

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »
There's nothing like a good days work for a good days pay.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2007, 10:15:34 PM »
so what did you do after college?  How did you get to the point where you're working for yourself? 

I'm poor. Why would you want to ask me?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2007, 10:17:34 PM »
Easy way out.  :)

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2007, 10:22:45 PM »
meh im studying .. if i want a quick buck or need $$$ for whatever ill just labour for a few days
keeps me going ..

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2007, 11:41:45 PM »

author=garraeth link=topic=174401.msg2445618#msg2445618 date=1192079734]
I'm poor. Why would you want to ask me?
That was one funny comment, after seeming to have everything figured out. ;D
N

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2007, 11:49:07 PM »
That was one funny comment, after seeming to have everything figured out. ;D
;)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2007, 06:55:31 AM »

try doing some selfhypnosiis at eveningtime, u will sleap like a baby, in the morning u will be fresh.U can download the programs at torrentz.com. I work 7 days a week and love it, but then again i work for myself, when u work for someone else, earning small cash, its a bitch to think that u will do that work till u die, see it as a starting moneymaking for bigger things, save some cash and invest.