Author Topic: Stories from the gym!  (Read 1791 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Stories from the gym!
« on: October 10, 2007, 07:40:03 AM »
Allright I just got home from the gym... now i usually go to this hardcore gym because, well I'm hardcore like that, recently though I've visited a few big commercial gyms just for some variety...

Today I watched this guy doing leg extensions and reading a book at the same time!! Now it's bad enough with people who read their newspaper between sets, but this guy was all into his book while slowly doing the leg extensions up and down...

After he was finished with his set, he continued reading... and like a zombie he started doing the leg extension movement with one of his legs, with it being on the OUTSIDE of the machine (i.e. he didn't move the weight, just the leg!)

What a retard!

Z

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Stories from the gym!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:42:48 AM »
Are you sure this isn't my gym?  This one guy spent about 40 minutes doing curls.  He highjacked one of 3 flat benches and just sat there, read a chapter, left the book open on his lap, cranked out 40 reps of 10 lb db curls, put the weights down, read some more and on and on....  I wanted to kick the fukcer in his teeth and rip his vocal cords form his throat, but I'm not a violent guy so I let it slide.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:46:10 AM »
Bluto, do you have a job?

You post 30 posts a day, and you claim you go the gym twice a day.  that leaves an hour or so for work?

also, why do people go to the gym twice a day?  seems retarded to go back to the gym later just do to hams, and rechange clothes/shower/drive back and forth, etc...
you are gay.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:50:51 AM »
I seen this stupid bitch one day on the seated leg curl machine and she was reading a book. Worst part was this dumb ass whore kept her legs locked in and never got off for her whole 20min hamstring workout in which she did about 4 half assed sets but getting a decent ways through her book.
I

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »
hehe keep the stories coming  8)
Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 07:59:31 AM »
Allright I just got home from the gym... now i usually go to this hardcore gym because, well I'm hardcore like that, recently though I've visited a few big commercial gyms just for some variety...

Today I watched this guy doing leg extensions and reading a book at the same time!! Now it's bad enough with people who read their newspaper between sets, but this guy was all into his book while slowly doing the leg extensions up and down...

After he was finished with his set, he continued reading... and like a zombie he started doing the leg extension movement with one of his legs, with it being on the OUTSIDE of the machine (i.e. he didn't move the weight, just the leg!)

What a retard!

when do you go to the gym

liar
T

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 08:30:14 AM »
My gym used to be hardcore, they renovated, put in a waterfall sort of thing on the wall, added tons of girly shit to it...anyway, last week i was gonna do bench press, and some guy goy was using the bench press machine( the part of the body where it holds the barbell), he was using that to hold on to and stretch... so im like " hey buddy you using this bench" he's like "yeah"... fuck it i go about 15 ft away start warming up with some light dumbells, and i was eying the benches so i can take on as soon as it clears, i swear after 2-3 mins the guy finished stretching and left!!! the dumbass was only using the bench press to stretch...  oh boy thats just one of many stories... not to mention some other guy doing bicep curlls in a power rack...BICEP CURLS WITH DUMBELLS!!!

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »
One day, after weights, i went upstairs to do cardio and there were two giant land whales on the treadmills.  when i walked past them she looked at me and said ot her friend, "ugh i hate all the muscle guys here" so i turned around and walked up to her and said, "hey its real nice to meet you!" and she was like "huh?"  and i said, "yeah, ive never met an NFL lineman in person before, you look so much bigger in person than on TV!"  i laughed and walked away. 
F

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »
One day, after weights, i went upstairs to do cardio and there were two giant land whales on the treadmills.  when i walked past them she looked at me and said ot her friend, "ugh i hate all the muscle guys here" so i turned around and walked up to her and said, "hey its real nice to meet you!" and she was like "huh?"  and i said, "yeah, ive never met an NFL lineman in person before, you look so much bigger in person than on TV!"  i laughed and walked away. 

I'd give this story about a 1% chance of being true.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »
I'd give this story about a 1% chance of being true.

id give you about a 1% chance of not being gay
F

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 09:33:16 AM »
I've politely told many weightlifting readers to move aside if on a machine for longer than 5 minutes.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 09:37:04 AM »
I've politely told many weightlifting readers to move aside if on a machine for longer than 5 minutes.
I bet they told you to change your name.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »
I bet they told you to change your name.

hahah i knew that would be the topic of your reply even before i saw what you wrote. 
F

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 09:43:42 AM »
hahahahaaaaa.........bes ide reading books..i swear i saw this 170 pounder idiot whoclaims to be hardcore the other day at the gym superseting squats with biceps dumbbell curls,,,hahahahaa.........u kno what kind of squat im talkin about,,the 3 inch ROM and 4 plates on each side,,lol

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 10:01:52 AM »
I got this brutal monster at my place that takes 20 minutes on his way in to pick just the right magazine to carry into the weightroom with him. He always selects either 'People' or 'US Weekly'. He then goes into the weightroom and screams his ass off like a moron during his heardcore sets of doing every excersize wrong and then sits for 10 minutes between sets with his magazine catching up on Bittany's latest saga. He'll then always leave the magazine on the floor for me to pick up after he leaves.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 10:43:28 AM »
Most interesting one I have:

For the month of September I was pretty much side lined from upper body work so I could only to legs, abs, lower back, & cardio. Well Septembet 21 was no different I was using one of those lower back extension machines & for about a minute I heard this loud buzzing - almost like an alarm. I turn around & see people crowded in one corner. I walk overthere & see a guy laying on the ground not moving &/or breathing (face was blue/purple). They had the defibrillator machine hooked up to him - while I was there he was shocked several times & it didn't seem to work. Well about five minutes later they chased everyone downstairs & the fire department finally arrived (after about ten minutes). About five minutes after the fire department arrived they brought him out - he was still blue & not breathing. If I had to make an educated guess I'd say the guy died & they were just taking him to the hospital to be pronounced. 

It was really creepy because he was dying to "That's All" by Genesis.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
Funniest is when the fatties and 'retired pro's' (you know, those 60 year old guys that claim to have done it back in the day) tell their friends while looking at you 'Yeah, I used to look like that'

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »
Most interesting one I have:

For the month of September I was pretty much side lined from upper body work so I could only to legs, abs, lower back, & cardio. Well Septembet 21 was no different I was using one of those lower back extension machines & for about a minute I heard this loud buzzing - almost like an alarm. I turn around & see people crowded in one corner. I walk overthere & see a guy laying on the ground not moving &/or breathing (face was blue/purple). They had the defibrillator machine hooked up to him - while I was there he was shocked several times & it didn't seem to work. Well about five minutes later they chased everyone downstairs & the fire department finally arrived (after about ten minutes). About five minutes after the fire department arrived they brought him out - he was still blue & not breathing. If I had to make an educated guess I'd say the guy died & they were just taking him to the hospital to be pronounced. 

It was really creepy because he was dying to "That's All" by Genesis.

monster self-plagiarization from a previous gym stories thread
its comin today